Sponsored by:

Trading 992 Turbo S for a 19 GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 10:15 PM
S.R
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Trading 992 Turbo S for a 19 GT3RS

A couple of my friends have gotten RS cars recently and it's made me wonder if my 992 Turbo S isn't "exciting enough." It's a great car, super comfortable and fast, but sometimes the looks are just too tame, IMO.
I've been toying with the idea of trading for a 19 3RS. Looking at prices, I would assume I could get my dealer to do an even trade for one they have, but I don't know how the 3RS is going to hold in the long run compared to the Turbo S.
I use the Turbo S as a second daily, and also for some weekend drives. But my main weekend car is a Mclaren 720S. My main issue for using the 3RS as a daily would be getting in and out of the seats. I don't mind the rough ride etc because my commute is only 20 minutes with no traffic. Would also be fun to have a 2nd rally/track car.
Thoughts?
Old 06-21-2022, 10:49 PM
168glhs1986
Rennlist Member

Received 1,441 Likes on 694 Posts

I'd be worried about the 992's depreciation, not the 991.2 RS's
The following users liked this post:
Palting (06-22-2022)
Old 06-21-2022, 10:55 PM
NHmacan
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 134 Posts

In the long run a RS will probably hold it’s value better than a Turbo S. I have seen many RS with 18 way sofas. That should solve the getting in and out issue. I have a .2 GT3 and do not find the ride too harsh for daily driving. I love my buckets but dread having to get in and out of them on the regular.
Old 06-22-2022, 04:02 AM
DK7
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

best you can do, go for 991.2 GT3 RS!
Old 06-22-2022, 10:05 AM
slumdog
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by S.R
A couple of my friends have gotten RS cars recently and it's made me wonder if my 992 Turbo S isn't "exciting enough." It's a great car, super comfortable and fast, but sometimes the looks are just too tame, IMO.
I've been toying with the idea of trading for a 19 3RS. Looking at prices, I would assume I could get my dealer to do an even trade for one they have, but I don't know how the 3RS is going to hold in the long run compared to the Turbo S.
I use the Turbo S as a second daily, and also for some weekend drives. But my main weekend car is a Mclaren 720S. My main issue for using the 3RS as a daily would be getting in and out of the seats. I don't mind the rough ride etc because my commute is only 20 minutes with no traffic. Would also be fun to have a 2nd rally/track car.
Thoughts?

Buy the RS, as good the Turbo is, it has its purpose, especially the 992, it has been terribly dumbed down, resemble a boat and not a drivers car, its idiot proof! The RS on the other hand is something you learn to drive and 10 times more exciting than a TurboS.
Old 06-22-2022, 02:00 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by S.R
Thoughts?
Not quite sure what your worry about switching to the RS?
Not worried about the ride etc. Check
Seats? Ok, that's one worry as the buckets take little getting used to for a daily drive, and it's quite a deal to change from buckets to 4 or 8 ways. But you can and get used to it.
Depreciation? Historically proven the RS will hold it's value better than the Turbo.
Plusses include more aggressive looks, and a second track car, both of which you've already alluded to.

I have a suspicion you are hesitating because you like the Turbo as a daily driver and potentially a long drive cruiser. For that, the Turbo is indeed better. If my suspicion is wrong, then go for the RS.

Quick Reply: Trading 992 Turbo S for a 19 GT3RS