Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Emergency Trunk Opening

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2022 | 05:44 PM
jwscfa1
Rennlist Member

Default Emergency Trunk Opening

I just returned from a short trip (1week) and my 2018 GT3 is completely dead. I drove the car before I left and all seemed well. I used the emergency key to open the car which was locked while I was gone. My problem is that when I try to use the emergency trunk opening procedure it does not work. When I hook up my charging pack as shown in the owners manual all I get is a clicking sound and the trunk will not open so that I can get to the battery to charge it. I tried using my Porsche charger but I get a flashing power light which I think indicates that the sockets have not received power in a while. Turning the ignition key on and off does not make a difference. I'd like to get the battery charged to get to my dealership rather than using the crapshoot of Porsche Roadside. Any suggestions are appreciated and Thanks in advance.
Old 06-06-2022 | 06:22 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Been here, and had same issue with emergency deal.

Just sent a PM.
Old 06-07-2022 | 08:13 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

There is a thingy on the fuse panel that you pull out a bit. It exposes a copper piece you clamp a charger to. Positive cable, black cable to ground.
Old 06-07-2022 | 05:57 PM
Class5Kayaker
Pro

If you're still not able to access, remove front left tire and wheel well liner. The manual release cable is under the wheel well liner. Pic below is not from a GT3, but yours should be in the same location.

Last edited by Class5Kayaker; 06-07-2022 at 06:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Rick GT3 (06-07-2022)
Old 06-07-2022 | 09:24 PM
LZRD GRN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jwscfa1
I just returned from a short trip (1week) and my 2018 GT3 is completely dead. I drove the car before I left and all seemed well. I used the emergency key to open the car which was locked while I was gone. My problem is that when I try to use the emergency trunk opening procedure it does not work. When I hook up my charging pack as shown in the owners manual all I get is a clicking sound and the trunk will not open so that I can get to the battery to charge it. I tried using my Porsche charger but I get a flashing power light which I think indicates that the sockets have not received power in a while. Turning the ignition key on and off does not make a difference. I'd like to get the battery charged to get to my dealership rather than using the crapshoot of Porsche Roadside. Any suggestions are appreciated and Thanks in advance.
I always leave my frunk lid open when away, works for me....
Occasional dead battery, but always available for charging...

Cheers!
Old 06-08-2022 | 11:30 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

I'm surprised the battery went dead in a week. Mine sat for 2 months when I forgot to hook up the charger and while the battery was low, the car did open and start.

Good luck getting in the frunk.

Quick Reply: Emergency Trunk Opening