Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member, New P Car (PTS Oslo Blue 991.2 GT3)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2022, 09:08 AM
Manhattan_trout
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 137 Posts

Absolutely gorgeous color and car! Congrats! And the 458 spider is the best NA Ferrari ever…you have a very fine eye indeed!
Old 06-01-2022, 10:38 AM
TheDangerZone
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 85 Posts

I was drooling over that listing. Congratulations, beautiful car!
Old 06-01-2022, 11:25 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 843 Likes on 572 Posts

Very cool color - congrats on the pick up. I'm sure you will enjoy your first GT3..
Old 06-01-2022, 01:11 PM
IlikeBond
Track Day

Received 33 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for all the kind comments and congratulations, everyone! Looking forward to meeting up with you San Diego guys soon.

Since a couple folks have mentioned it, I'll throw in a picture of my Gaillo Triplo Strato 458 for good measure (there is an album in my profile with more pics if you'd like)! Can't wait to get these beauties together for some photos eventually.

Last edited by IlikeBond; 06-01-2022 at 01:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Guaji (06-01-2022)
Old 06-10-2022, 04:55 PM
IlikeBond
Track Day

Little update - I took delivery of her yesterday! Color is even better in person.

I didn't realize the engine is still in the break-in period, and got an auto-rev limiter when I hit 7k rpm on a ramp at one point. Whoops!

Home at last!

Makes a find addition to the stable.

The key is just so cool.

Sneak Peek on the truck

First view.

Last edited by IlikeBond; 06-10-2022 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-10-2022, 10:08 PM
Chewylewis
Instructor

Received 155 Likes on 58 Posts

Bring it out to RSF C&C tomorrow. I would love to check it out!!!
Old 06-10-2022, 11:46 PM
Ro_Ja Boy
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 124 Posts

Saw you have a Bronco as well. The car I’m having painted Oslo Blue is a 70 Bronco that will be out of paint this month 👍
Old 06-11-2022, 01:35 PM
jordanw
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts

Saw it at RSF this morning. Pictures don’t do that color justice! Congrats
Old 06-11-2022, 03:16 PM
IlikeBond
Track Day

Originally Posted by Chewylewis
Bring it out to RSF C&C tomorrow. I would love to check it out!!!
Originally Posted by jordanw
Saw it at RSF this morning. Pictures don’t do that color justice! Congrats
I saw your GT3 Touring, Chewy (and love it!), but was parked on the other side and took off not too long after you arrived. I’ll be around with it though.

Good talking to you Jordan! Thank you.

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy
Saw you have a Bronco as well. The car I’m having painted Oslo Blue is a 70 Bronco that will be out of paint this month 👍
That’s going to look amazing. Hope to see it! Post it here when ready if you want!
Old 06-11-2022, 04:28 PM
Ro_Ja Boy
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by IlikeBond
I saw your GT3 Touring, Chewy (and love it!), but was parked on the other side and took off not too long after you arrived. I’ll be around with it though.

Good talking to you Jordan! Thank you.

That’s going to look amazing. Hope to see it! Post it here when ready if you want!
Bring the GT3 up to San Clemente one Saturday 👍
Old 06-12-2022, 03:36 AM
ljmartyre
Rennlist Member

Received 581 Likes on 202 Posts

Saw your car at GC last weekend.
Special color!

There is another Oslo 991.2 GT3 around us. I’ve talked to the owner a few times since he lives near me in Little Italy. Silver wheels but with ceramics.

I don’t think there’s a single driving road in this county I’m not very familiar with so give me a shout if you ever need recs or want to go for a drive!
Old 06-12-2022, 10:00 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,595 Likes on 2,340 Posts

Originally Posted by ljmartyre
Special color!

There is another Oslo 991.2 GT3 around us. I’ve talked to the owner a few times since he lives near me in Little Italy. Silver wheels but with ceramics.

I don’t think there’s a single driving road in this county I’m not very familiar with so give me a shout if you ever need recs or want to go for a drive!
I think that car was at one time for sale by Carlsen in Palo Alto ...
Old 06-13-2022, 12:54 PM
IlikeBond
Track Day

Originally Posted by ljmartyre
Special color!

I saw an Oslo Blue Speedster with PCCBs at RSF cars & coffee two weekends ago, but haven't seen another GT3 one around yet. Will keep an eye out.

And thanks for the offer - I may take you up on that. I do the same drives all the time - I need some variety in my life!
The following users liked this post:
ljmartyre (06-15-2022)
Old 06-13-2022, 03:45 PM
GT3PDL
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

[QUOTE=IlikeBond;18190818]Little update - I took delivery of her yesterday! Color is even better in person.
I didn't realize the engine is still in the break-in period, and got an auto-rev limiter when I hit 7k rpm on a ramp at one point. Whoops!

I love the color on that car, it's beautiful!! To my knowledge there is not a rev limiter associated with mileage or break-in on these cars. Odds are you didn't t have the oil temperature up to proper operating temps and that will cause a rev limiter to kick in at 7k to prevent damage to the engine. There is a blue engine light near the bottom of the right gauge that stays illuminated until about 135 degrees of oil temp to give you a warning of cool oil temp. Warming these and most cars up before exercising them is very good insurance for a long and healthy engine life. I always wait until about 180-190 degrees of oil temp before putting any strong loads or more than 3k rpms on the engine.
Old 06-13-2022, 06:15 PM
IlikeBond
Track Day

Originally Posted by GT3PDL
To my knowledge there is not a rev limiter associated with mileage or break-in on these cars. Odds are you didn't t have the oil temperature up to proper operating temps and that will cause a rev limiter to kick in at 7k to prevent damage to the engine. There is a blue engine light near the bottom of the right gauge that stays illuminated until about 135 degrees of oil temp to give you a warning of cool oil temp. Warming these and most cars up before exercising them is very good insurance for a long and healthy engine life. I always wait until about 180-190 degrees of oil temp before putting any strong loads or more than 3k rpms on the engine.
I think you are exactly right about that, but I have learned my lesson and promise I won't do it again!

It was weird, b/c I had been driving quite a while (like 10-15 min), but in stop-and-go traffic, so I guess it really hadn't come up to temperature. I'm attuned to that now though.

Quick Reply: New Member, New P Car (PTS Oslo Blue 991.2 GT3)