Sponsored by:

rim damage

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2022, 03:33 PM
gt3fast
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default rim damage

So to avoid a crater at a drive through, I scuffed my front rim. Does anybody know best place to send it to for repair? I'm in Indiana, not that it matters probably. I'm discussing with corporate manager of this chain, and will probably request a new rim. The local manager when I brought it to her attention told me the store keeps flunking corporate inspections due to this crater. Thanks for any positive inputs guys!!
Old 04-03-2022, 04:05 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,102 Likes on 2,122 Posts

Your local dealer likely has a repair guy they use that will come to the dealer and repair it. Shouldn't be too expensive $100-200 for a small touch up repair. I'd expect a new wheel to be a little under $2k for the one wheel.

Old 04-03-2022, 05:32 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,086 Likes on 622 Posts

If it's just scuffed up (like curb damage) there are guys that do this mobile. They come to you, spray it and it looks very good. Not perfect but quite good.
Old 04-04-2022, 12:46 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Lots of places repair wheels. Check locally for recommendations.

Odd to blame the chain and seek the expense of a new wheel for a scuff.
Old 04-04-2022, 08:39 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Yes best bet is ti check wheel repair locally....My wife more than scuffed her black RR wheel and looking at it I thought no way someone could fix that....looked brand new after getting it back...
Old 04-04-2022, 10:21 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,407 Likes on 2,514 Posts

Sorry this happened to you. If you get a new rim, do this with the old rim:

The following users liked this post:
Watson (04-04-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 02:14 PM
gt3fast
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BryanCO
Lots of places repair wheels. Check locally for recommendations.

Odd to blame the chain and seek the expense of a new wheel for a scuff.
Boy there's one in every crowd. What's odd about going to a business and expecting to be able to leave there without damage to your car???????? Why should I have to pay to fix a rim when this is the condition of their property??
I own strip malls and was sued, and lost, when a women driving a corvette drove over the top of one of my parking bumpers, which was there to prevent cars from going into a ditch. Hopefully this doesn't happen to you, so you won't have to experience the oddity of it all!!

Old 04-04-2022, 03:49 PM
Chris88
Burning Brakes

Received 225 Likes on 127 Posts

A friend recently had to replace a front and rear 991.2 GT3 wheels, and the dealer charged: Rear wheel $3,397. Front $3,087. You can probably get a better price thru Suncoast Porsche.

Update: Suncoast will sell a set of 4 for $7,450.

Last edited by Chris88; 04-04-2022 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-04-2022, 04:25 PM
Christian Plyler
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by gt3fast
Boy there's one in every crowd. What's odd about going to a business and expecting to be able to leave there without damage to your car???????? Why should I have to pay to fix a rim when this is the condition of their property??
I own strip malls and was sued, and lost, when a women driving a corvette drove over the top of one of my parking bumpers, which was there to prevent cars from going into a ditch. Hopefully this doesn't happen to you, so you won't have to experience the oddity of it all!!
If the BUSINESS runs a forklift into your car, or otherwise directly is responsible for damage to it, then of course they should pay. But I'm not aware of any legally implied warranty of parking lot or driveway condition. It is my opinion that the lady in the vette should NOT have won a lawsuit against you, and that you should NOT expect a business to pay for damages caused by your driving.

I mean, go ahead and ask. Nothing wrong with that. But you don't really have much grounds to stand on being angry if they say no. At least not by my logic.
Old 04-04-2022, 05:59 PM
gt3fast
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Christian Plyler
If the BUSINESS runs a forklift into your car, or otherwise directly is responsible for damage to it, then of course they should pay. But I'm not aware of any legally implied warranty of parking lot or driveway condition. It is my opinion that the lady in the vette should NOT have won a lawsuit against you, and that you should NOT expect a business to pay for damages caused by your driving.

I mean, go ahead and ask. Nothing wrong with that. But you don't really have much grounds to stand on being angry if they say no. At least not by my logic.
My driving was being evasive to two craters. So if you were to go to eat at a restaurant, and at the front door is a deep hole that you cautiously step through to go inside, yet twist your ankle, that was your fault for walking???
Property owners have a legal and moral obligation to keep people and property safe. As for the corvette in my parking lot, she had zero right as there was nothing I could have done, short of not having parking bumpers. However, seeing that she drove over it, I saved her from entering a ditch. Oh well, good that we all have our opinions.
Old 04-04-2022, 06:01 PM
gt3fast
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Chris88
A friend recently had to replace a front and rear 991.2 GT3 wheels, and the dealer charged: Rear wheel $3,397. Front $3,087. You can probably get a better price thru Suncoast Porsche.

Update: Suncoast will sell a set of 4 for $7,450.
Thanks for the tip, I'll check them out.

Quick Reply: rim damage