Sponsored by:

Savage Geese on 991.1 and 991.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 05:59 PM
Montaver
Rennlist Member

Received 513 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by lapoune
As with the suspension discussion this just depends on where you drive\personal preference. No right\wrong answer. For the roads I mainly drive stock GT3 gearing is too high.

This stuff is hard to discuss because everyone has different tolerances\look for different things in a suspension. I'm not arguing the MCS isn't exactly what you are looking for yourself, was specifically responding on why Porsche doesn't use something as harsh out of the box. The fact that they are harsher than the stock GT3 setup (porsche I have experience with, I know you have a gt4) is not debatable, but whether your are ok with it or not is obviously up to you. I'm personally fine with the sacrifices they bring because of what I use them for.

Like I said, didn't care about road manners that much on the cars I have these on, but I did try a variety of springs since I have tons available, but it's a shock thing which again could very well be fixed with valving or 3\4-way adjustment. Nitrogen charge didn't make a big difference.

To me what these excel at is controlling big high-speed hits, if that's what you're looking for and don't mind harsher road manner\drive smooth roads you'll be very happy.
You are wasting your time with this guy, he is on a mission to tell anybody that will listen how 'bad' the GT4 suspension is. Hence why he is bombing a thread about GT3's with his moaning.

On topic - like the geese said, owning either car would be a win. This is the best comparison I have heard of the sound, I like the linearity of the .1 but I think the .2 rawness on the intake is slightly better. I would consider moving into a .1 if manual was an option, waiting longer and will jump into a .2 at some point once I have finished thoroughly enjoying my GT4.
The following users liked this post:
RDCR (01-24-2022)
Old 01-25-2022, 04:49 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,641 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by Montaver
You are wasting your time with this guy, he is on a mission to tell anybody that will listen how 'bad' the GT4 suspension is. Hence why he is bombing a thread about GT3's with his moaning.

On topic - like the geese said, owning either car would be a win. This is the best comparison I have heard of the sound, I like the linearity of the .1 but I think the .2 rawness on the intake is slightly better. I would consider moving into a .1 if manual was an option, waiting longer and will jump into a .2 at some point once I have finished thoroughly enjoying my GT4.

OKAY FANBOI

My opinions are from ACTUAL comparison of my cars. You should spend less time being salty and taking everything so personal and respect other people's ACTUAL experiences.
Old 01-27-2022, 12:22 PM
Christian Plyler
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by TRZ06
OKAY FANBOI

My opinions are from ACTUAL comparison of my cars. You should spend less time being salty and taking everything so personal and respect other people's ACTUAL experiences.

I would respect your actual experiences if I had been reading a GT4 thread. But I was reading a thread about comparing a 991.1 GT3 to a 991.2 GT3, and so your experience on GT4 suspension was just annoyingly out of place. Not unrespectable, but annoyingly out of place. Saying so does not mean I've taken anything personally or disrespected the experience itself.
bk_911 (01-29-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 09:13 AM
PorscheRuss
Track Day

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

"This is one of the better cars you're ever going to get into. I don't care what model you're getting the .1 or the new one. If you're even remotely capable behind the wheel, or even if you're not, there's something to appreciate about this car."

These guys consistently crank out arguably the best car review videos on YouTube. The 992 GT3 video they have is great too if you haven't seen it.
bk_911 (01-29-2022)

Quick Reply: Savage Geese on 991.1 and 991.2 GT3