Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2021, 06:56 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Parts Help

Hey all, still trying to get my GT3 fixed and finally have a body shop that specializes in porsches willing to finally get to work on it. They are totally willing to work with me to help source parts or let me try to locate parts as well. The local porsche dealer is trying to sell them the parts at RETAIL!!!!!!

A quick cursory glance at Sunset and Suncoast reveals significant discounts vs the local dealer and the body shop has supplied me with an initial list of parts numbers to start with.

Trying to get some recommendations as to where fellow rennlisters have sourced parts with good discounts, fair shipping, possible promo codes, possible large dollar order discounts, someone by name to call to work a deal, etc, etc. Any help would be grateful to help me avoid the typical google search and fleabay search. Most of this is body parts, so slightly used in good condition is also a possibility, so if you know of any good used part companies, that would be helpful as well.

Not necessarily going for cheapest, but looking for fair, honest, and good experience. As always, I'm grateful for any help and advice!

Last edited by 8202632; 10-11-2021 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-11-2021, 09:26 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,657 Likes on 922 Posts

Originally Posted by 8202632
Hey all, still trying to get my GT3 fixed and finally have a body shop that specializes in porsches willing to finally get to work on it. They are totally willing to work with me to help source parts or let me try to locate parts as well. The local porsche dealer is trying to sell them the parts at RETAIL!!!!!!

A quick cursory glance at Sunset and Suncoast reveals significant discounts vs the local dealer and the body shop has supplied me with an initial list of parts numbers to start with.

Trying to get some recommendations as to where fellow rennlisters have sourced parts with good discounts, fair shipping, possible promo codes, possible large dollar order discounts, someone by name to call to work a deal, etc, etc. Any help would be grateful to help me avoid the typical google search and fleabay search. Most of this is body parts, so slightly used in good condition is also a possibility, so if you know of any good used part companies, that would be helpful as well.

Not necessarily going for cheapest, but looking for fair, honest, and good experience. As always, I'm grateful for any help and advice!
What happened there?
Old 10-11-2021, 10:12 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 51 Posts

hydroplaned at midohio and spun and hit the wall. Not fun!!!
Old 10-12-2021, 03:26 AM
Zubehor
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 42 Posts

ive had great service from https://www.getporscheparts.com/
they offer free shipping on most parts as well.
The following users liked this post:
Old 10-12-2021, 01:07 PM
darylbowden
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 330 Posts

LA Dismantlers in Los Angeles is probably the biggest of the Porsche-specific parts yards. I've seen Gt3s there when getting 964 parts so definitely worth a call out to them. If they don't have them, they may be able to point you in a better direction since they're really networked in the Porsche community on the west coast.
Old 10-13-2021, 05:29 PM
getPorscheSilverSpringParts
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Zubehor
ive had great service from https://www.getporscheparts.com/
they offer free shipping on most parts as well.
Thank you, we appreciate the kind words! If anyone needs assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out via PM or email to: gethelp@getporscheparts.com .

Shop & SAVE on Genuine OEM Porsche Parts, Accessories & Driver's Selection!
Contact Us · Shop Audi & BMW Parts too!

Quick Reply: Parts Help