Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 02:11 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 584 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by flyjets
I call BS on this Statement Rodeo.

Last year my TTS had this happen and Safelight doesn’t use the OEM glass. Looked at there so-called OEM glass it was aftermarket.

Ian
Interesting...I had my previous 997 TT replaced three+ years ago when I owned it from a bulls eye rock hit and after being pointed to safelite by GEICO I specified OEM glass only and the safelite guy told me that was their only option for Porsches. Of course I checked it and it was definitely OEM glass. Having said that I am certainly not a subject matter expert, just made some assumptions based on my personal experience. Take care Ian.
Old 09-02-2021, 02:14 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
literally just happened to me today. Ended up driving directly to dealer. They gave me number to glass company they deal with and to call them with an insurance claim number. They only use oem and it takes 90 min. 7 hours? That dealers trying to stroke, smh.

im in mass so glass is covered by insurance.
I think windshield glass is required to be covered on all car insurance written in America.
Old 09-02-2021, 02:26 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Franko T
You can protect your windshield protection film with another layer of windshield protection film

STEK DYNOflex Windshield Protection⁠
How has your ownership experience been? My car is fully PPF with STEK Dynoshield and I have been very happy but I am concerned about how the windshield cleans up with a film on it. I live beachfront and the salt spray can accumulate pretty quick, even on short drives if the wind is blowing in. In between car washes I have taken to steaming the glass and then just wiping with a cloth (I don't like using products on car glass). My concern is the possible steam effects on the exterior film seal.. Probably outside your purvey of expertise but thought I would ask regardless.

Last edited by usrodeo4; 09-02-2021 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-05-2021, 01:29 PM
Franko T
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 80 Posts

I park indoors so no issues. I clean it with regular soap water and then sometimes spray mother's CMX fake ceramic coating on top for extra water protection.

Quick Reply: Windshield