Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you handle the jealousy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 01:11 AM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 584 Likes on 326 Posts

There aren't many GT Porsche cars around where I live and I think I have one of only two GT2's on the Spacecoast so when I roll her down A1A I tend to get some pretty cool feedback; had a guy in some sort of fast looking audi almost break his neck doing a double take and a young man almost climbed out his window trying get the confirmation look of yep that was a GT2 and it seems someone on every drive wants to flag me down at the stop light to pull over so they can look/talk to me and if I ever putt thru or stop at one of the popular waterfront drinking holes the kids are always videoing the car. I appreciate all the enthusiasm the GT2 brings out it, it is pretty cool. No one seems jealous and even the bikers seem to gawk a little. As to the go fast scooters, the Superbikes are the only people who seem to want to race; On paper with a pro on the scooter they should be able to handle me in the 1/4 (and definitely in a stop light race), but I have yet to run anyone with enough competency to do so...it ain't easy or for the faint of heart to launch a Superbike under full throttle, whereas all we do is pretty much point and click.

Last edited by usrodeo4; 08-17-2021 at 01:12 AM.
Old 08-17-2021, 09:49 AM
ddugas01

Received 148 Likes on 65 Posts

I’m jealous of people who own 992 GT3 Cup cars….
The following 2 users liked this post by ddugas01:
itrsteve (08-17-2021), usrodeo4 (08-22-2021)
Old 08-18-2021, 07:04 PM
italiafan
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by exit87
Wellll …. Everybody BUT road bikers! They seem to hate the car …since it’s loud it sounds like it’s speeding when it (sometimes) isn’t? Who knows. For whatever reason I get bad vibes quite frequently from those fellas in spandex with the whole biker get up on. Everybody else loves it!

Those spandex warriors hate everyone.
The following 2 users liked this post by italiafan:
911Vintage (08-21-2021), Newimage (08-19-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 01:21 AM
991C2S88
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

I hear you! I literally have to stand on the exposed carbon Weissach roof with a broom stick, whacking at augmented body parts on the throng of 6’ blondes trying to get at me!
Old 08-20-2021, 09:12 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by usrodeo4
There aren't many GT Porsche cars around where I live and I think I have one of only two GT2's on the Spacecoast so when I roll her down A1A I tend to get some pretty cool feedback; had a guy in some sort of fast looking audi almost break his neck doing a double take and a young man almost climbed out his window trying get the confirmation look of yep that was a GT2 and it seems someone on every drive wants to flag me down at the stop light to pull over so they can look/talk to me and if I ever putt thru or stop at one of the popular waterfront drinking holes the kids are always videoing the car. I appreciate all the enthusiasm the GT2 brings out it, it is pretty cool. No one seems jealous and even the bikers seem to gawk a little. As to the go fast scooters, the Superbikes are the only people who seem to want to race; On paper with a pro on the scooter they should be able to handle me in the 1/4 (and definitely in a stop light race), but I have yet to run anyone with enough competency to do so...it ain't easy or for the faint of heart to launch a Superbike under full throttle, whereas all we do is pretty much point and click.
You launch a super bike at full throttle, you are going to end up on your head.
The following users liked this post:
mfreak (08-20-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 09:57 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 726 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
You launch a super bike at full throttle, you are going to end up on your head.
Some of them actually have launch control now.
Old 08-20-2021, 12:58 PM
colnagoG60
Rennlist Member

Received 1,285 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by italiafan
Those spandex warriors hate everyone.

Just the people who don't give 3ft. But how would you feel if someone can kill you with their car, while on your bike, and its not even considered a misdemeanor?
Old 08-20-2021, 02:27 PM
italiafan
Instructor

Originally Posted by colnagoG60
Just the people who don't give 3ft. But how would you feel if someone can kill you with their car, while on your bike, and its not even considered a misdemeanor?
If I had a nickel for every time some spandex-wearing road warrior was riding side by side with his buddy(s) blocking the road to my house I’d have my deposit for a 992 GT3 taken care of.
In my experience those bicyclists have engendered quite a bit of acrimony. Certainly it’s not all bicyclists, and certainly no one deserves to be injured...but tell your buddies not to ride like flaming *******!
Thanks.
Old 08-20-2021, 02:37 PM
colnagoG60
Rennlist Member

Received 1,285 Likes on 805 Posts

If I had a nickel for every time some spandex-wearing road warrior was riding side by side with his buddy(s) blocking the road to my house I’d have my deposit for a 992 GT3 taken care of.
In my experience those bicyclists have engendered quite a bit of acrimony. Certainly it’s not all bicyclists, and certainly no one deserves to be injured...but tell your buddies not to ride like flaming *******!
Thanks.

Fair enough...I ride solo mostly, or single file. But most are riding like that probably because there have been more than one instance, where "multiple riders" have been taken out by an errant driver. When it happens "multiple times" during "organized events", riders take steps to make it home.
italiafan (08-21-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 09:13 PM
exit87
Advanced

Received 58 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks.
Haha! I second this. Perhaps it’s partially fueled by the anonymity of the costumes they wear, but they are almost always in a bad mood, I get flipped off a lot, they throw their hands up and sometimes they like to yell things on the way by. Completely “unprovoked” in a lot of cases by me but sometimes (provoked?) maybe I’m doing 55 in a 45 on a road where they choose to ride a bike on. Look out. Few mos ago they yelled something at me on a backroad. Completely open road so I stopped, did a three point turn and then pulled up beside the two riders and asked them what the hell their problem was. What’s wrong? “What did I do?” I asked. ..They just looked straightahead and didn’t say a word.
The following 3 users liked this post by exit87:
911Vintage (08-21-2021), feh (08-20-2021), italiafan (08-21-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 01:01 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 174 Posts

^If it was Portland, what you did wrong was drive a fossil fuel vehicle...
italiafan (08-21-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 10:22 AM
italiafan
Instructor

Originally Posted by exit87
Haha! I second this. Perhaps it’s partially fueled by the anonymity of the costumes they wear, but they are almost always in a bad mood, I get flipped off a lot, they throw their hands up and sometimes they like to yell things on the way by. Completely “unprovoked” in a lot of cases by me but sometimes (provoked?) maybe I’m doing 55 in a 45 on a road where they choose to ride a bike on. Look out. Few mos ago they yelled something at me on a backroad. Completely open road so I stopped, did a three point turn and then pulled up beside the two riders and asked them what the hell their problem was. What’s wrong? “What did I do?” I asked. ..They just looked straightahead and didn’t say a word.
We’ve noticed that pissed off angry face so many times (just watching them ride by our house, not interacting with them in a car) that my wife is convinced it is because their ***** are being crushed by spandex and their tiny seats are shredding their hemorrhoids. lol
Seriously, I’ve never seen such a large percentage of people doing an activity which seems to result in being continuously angry and unhappy.
The following 2 users liked this post by italiafan:
911Vintage (08-21-2021), feh (08-21-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 01:29 PM
997gr8
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

Old 08-21-2021, 03:29 PM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 467 Likes on 245 Posts

We’ve noticed that pissed off angry face so many times (just watching them ride by our house, not interacting with them in a car) that my wife is convinced it is because their ***** are being crushed by spandex and their tiny seats are shredding their hemorrhoids. lol
Seriously, I’ve never seen such a large percentage of people doing an activity which seems to result in being continuously angry and unhappy.
Same bad attitude from cyclists here in the UK. Cycling only really took off after the 2012 Olympics and has now gone totally out of control which has made our problem with road congestion even worse. They seem to think that they are the only ones entitled to use public roads and motorists only venture out on them to spite them. The one thing they forget is that it is Car Road Tax which funds the road maintenance otherwise they'd be so full of potholes it would make cycling on them next to impossible.
The European Alps have an even bigger issue with mass gatherings of cyclists all bunched together trying to scale mountains at about 5mph creating traffic jams. It seems this lot are even ruder towards motorists than their British fellow cyclists are which is saying something.
italiafan (08-21-2021)
Old 08-22-2021, 09:45 AM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 584 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by ddugas01
I’m jealous of people who own 992 GT3 Cup cars….
GT2 RS 25 for me...only 6 coming to Murica and I ain't going to be one of them

Quick Reply: How do you handle the jealousy?