Sponsored by:

External window side moulding issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 09:33 AM
TMAUS
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts
Default External window side moulding issues

My Can anyone help with any information in regards to the external trim around the side and rear windows.
My Touring was specced with chrome trim which I am not a fan off so I decided to purchase the black trim from Porsche here and have it fitted including the replacement of the rear side windows.
We have an issue where the top trim does not conform to the car at all especially around the bend of the roof near the A pillar and over the door windows forward of the B pillar.
The white clips are all done up the join to the rear glass is ok we just a slight gap in those areas of around .5 mm to .7mm
The rubber on the strip is not hard up against the body / paint as the chrome trim was.
I even took the car to the authorised Porsche body shop here and they can’t work out why it doesn’t fit as well as the chrome trim that was on the car.
The car is original with no accident or panel damage at all.
I ordered the trim from my VIN number so it should be the right trim part number and I wouldn’t have thought Porsche would have different trim on the 991.2 cars.

Does anyone have any ideas?
We have tried two different mouldings already and can seem to get it right.
Desperate for help and a solution.
Thanks in advance.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:44 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

Which white clips are you referring to ?
The square track placement with 90 degree bayonet lock tabs or the long rectangular "slip-clip" white clips arond the window?

Got any photos?
Old 06-01-2021, 06:25 PM
TMAUS
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Which white clips are you referring to ?
The square track placement with 90 degree bayonet lock tabs or the long rectangular "slip-clip" white clips arond the window?

Got any photos?
The square white clips in the moldings that you turn 90degrees to lock them in.
The problem isn’t the clips it’s the shape of the molding/trim to fit the shape of the body is the car.
The bend is completely different to the bend or shape of the chrome trim we removed from the car.
iI will attach some pictures.

Quick Reply: External window side moulding issues