Sponsored by:

vbo format export issue Porsche Precision Track App

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 08:44 AM
ralphmusic
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts
Default vbo format export issue Porsche Precision Track App

Using Precision Track app 3.3.4, .vbo file data export in (Circuit Tools) does not work for me. I have an iPhone 8S running iOS 14.4.2, with over 100GB available capacity - I can export .csv, .kml format and the Data only .tparecord files but not .vbo

I have the same issue with the pre-installed Walter Rohrl data as well as my recordings, and the exact same issue when trying to export the same files on an iPad running iOS 14.5 and on an iPhone 5s running iOS 12.5.2.

On trying the .vbo option, it opens the progress window, immediately closes it and returns to the session page with the message "Export failed.. Please try again" which fails again... It seems to be failing to convert raw data to the .vbo file format and because it is common across several devices appears to be an app or app/iOS compatibility issue

Anyone else having this problem?

Anyone know who the developers are and is there a support line? - the App Store shows PCNA as developer but they do not reply to any emails I've sent on this. UK support just refer me to Germany who disclaim any knowledge.

Thanks for any help

Last edited by ralphmusic; 05-13-2021 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-09-2021, 02:34 PM
ralphmusic
Instructor

An update from Porsche:

I sent Porsche a video of .vbo not exporting but all others exporting as expected, their reply today:

"I have spoken with the developers based in Porsche Germany and been informed this will be resolved when version 3,5 of the Porsche Track Precision App is released. Whilst we can’t provide a guaranteed release date for the latest version, we anticipate this being in the near future."

I hope this will be a fix applied to the .vbo conversion and file generation, and therefore allow exporting of pre-version 3.5 recordings.
The following 2 users liked this post by ralphmusic:
9914s (06-09-2021), mrhamamg (06-10-2021)
Old 07-29-2022, 12:05 PM
Tom Loder
Burning Brakes

Received 429 Likes on 215 Posts

Did this ever get fixed for you? I'm still unable to export VBO files from the app v4.0.5 iOS
Old 07-29-2022, 01:01 PM
ralphmusic
Instructor

Tom, no they have gone very quiet. I’ll give them a nudge although not harbouring with any great expectations.
The following users liked this post:
Tom Loder (07-30-2022)

Quick Reply: vbo format export issue Porsche Precision Track App