Sponsored by:

Lift Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 04:02 PM
Tpup
Rennlist Member

Received 308 Likes on 145 Posts
Default Lift Question

I know a lot of you have various 4 post lifts and I have a question. I owned a lift for almost 20 years (Backyardbuddy) and it worked fine. I purchased a new one (also BYB) and took delivery in Dec 20 and it has never worked in terms of leaking on the car under the lift. After 5 months their solution is to drill a hole in the side of the ramp and run a hose from the bleed valve on the side of the cylinder (were it leaks) back to the oil tank so any leakage returns to the tank. They tell me that return hoses are now becoming common and that it's the best solution. That said Backyardbuddy is owned by Advantage Lifts and none of the lift photos on their websites show return hoses.

Question is how many of you have a return hose and if you have view does this sound like a workable solution?

Thanks in advance!
Roy

Last edited by Tpup; 04-27-2021 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-28-2021, 08:36 PM
Tpup
Rennlist Member

Received 308 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by garfunkle
I call BS. All lift mechanisms in terms of the motor and lines are pretty primitive and no different from what they have been using for decades. A leak is some sort of seal issue that could be a defect or something from installation. If you can find the cause of the leak then you should be able to fix it since it should be a closed system. A return line is just kicking the can down the street and you will still have a leak.

Just my opinion without actually being there and seeing.
Thanks for the feedback!

Would strongly caution against backyardbuddy or advantage lifts. This entire experience has been a mess. Seriously thinking of of just getting the lift fixed and selling it at a loss. I really don't want to walk out and find it collapsed in the garage...

Roy

Quick Reply: Lift Question