Need help identifying exhaust on 991.1 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 02:17 PM
Stark7x
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Need help identifying exhaust on 991.1 GT3

Hello,

I just purchased a 15 GT3 that came with GMG roll bar and (what I was told) GMG exhaust. I was under the impression that just center section has been replaced, but when I went under it (sorry, didn't take any pictures), it goes from headers into what looks like a single CAT (about 8 inches long). Then from there into a straight pipe that bends 90 degrees and goes to what looks like a GMG center bypass.

So based on that assumption, the Center is definitely GMG, but are the headers stock and what is that 90 degree little pipe that goes from it to the center bypass? There are no valves anywhere and the vacuum lines have been capped. I've looked at some pics of the stock exhaust and that thing is a monster... which appears that the whole thing, on mine, has been removed.

The main reason for this thread is because, I can't believe I'm saying this, the exhaust is too loud. I wish I had some kind of valves where I can quiet it down a little during normal cruising. I was reading about some members installing sound deadening in the back to help with the noise... and I may go down that route as well. On the outside, it sounds awesome... but inside... my ears hurt after a few hours.

Thanks for help.

EDIT: I actually remember, i took a video of it... so here are some screenshots. 1 through 4... from headers to cat, to center section.

CAT

90 bend

90 bend into Y

Center Section.

Last edited by Stark7x; 03-15-2021 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-15-2021, 02:41 PM
DiscoWagon
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 95 Posts

I can't really tell much from the pictures but it sounds like it has link pipes that go directly from the cat to the center bypass. A good option would be to go with valved side deletes to replace the link pipes.
Old 03-15-2021, 11:16 PM
Stark7x
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoWagon
I can't really tell much from the pictures but it sounds like it has link pipes that go directly from the cat to the center bypass. A good option would be to go with valved side deletes to replace the link pipes.
Do you have a link to one example? Thanks

Quick Reply: Need help identifying exhaust on 991.1 GT3