Sponsored by:

The Utterly Amazing GT2 RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 12:20 AM
amsmike
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by usrodeo4
Howdy Gents, I know I have received incoming fire from some of my prior posts, but regardless of all that I just have to post this, because, well this forum is really my only point of feedback for my car. I now have my car at the residence I lived when I still owned superbikes so am driving the GT car on roads that I can compare. Central Fl., is pretty damn flat and straight but I found small places to test the fast scooters with elevation and curves. One of my favorites is very near my house where after a longish high speed sweeping corner to the right you have to change direction for a sharp 90 degree turn to the left that involves an uphill turn where a small plateau is reached followed by a modest downhill straight. On the scooter I used to be on the throttle hard into the right sweeper then tap the rear brake to stand her up and dart to the left and then rear brake slide into the sharp left corner getting the front wheel pointed in the right direction then back on the throttle hitting the plateau while still cornering which resulted in the scooter getting airborne while crossed up a bit. It was a pretty heady move but back in the day I could handle it easily so not out of my comfort zone. Granted this section of road is public roads so traffic can be busy at times which precludes such moves obviously, but if you caught a clear opening it was a really great and challenging/rewarding small section of road. So yesterday, after putting my tires up to psi spec I went for a nice loop around my part of town and on the way home, without thinking about it, I happen the catch that part of the road open and thought what the hell let's see what we got here. I pressed her pretty damn hard, about equal or faster then my 215 HP 386 lbs. last superbike. The change of direction out of the fast right hand sweeper was uneventful and I obviously didn't try to brake slide the GT2 into the sharp left hander like a scooter, just brake and turn the steering wheel to find a nice apex, but through the turn going uphill I got back on the the throttle pretty hard, trying to mimic the scooter, and the GT2 responded by bouncing/"skiddering" across the uphill corner clawing for grip and when I hit the plateau I know at least one tire and maybe two came off the ground. I wouldn't say I launched the car like the scooter as at least two or three tires remained in contact with the ground but as I said above at least one or two tires definitely left the ground, It all happened so fast and the GT2 never felt anything but entirely in control. I was and am super impressed with how the GT2 handled the corner...the sheer thrill of the experience has me possibly rethinking my decision to not DE the car at this time. We will see downrange what I decide. But regardless the GT2 RS is nothing short of brilliant.
the real question...were you drinking prior to your drive?
Old 02-05-2021, 01:19 AM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Somehow the GT2RS has disappeared in this thread. We might need a new thread.
The following users liked this post:
usrodeo4 (02-05-2021)
Old 02-05-2021, 12:13 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I know, but that definition did such a good job of listing the most common traits, half of which he's already demonstrated in this thread...
Some might suggest the need to post all that in this thread (vs. simply moving along) indicates positive matching for a number of those traits.

Not me, of course.
Old 02-05-2021, 02:40 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by gravedgr
Some might suggest the need to post all that in this thread (vs. simply moving along) indicates positive matching for a number of those traits.

Not me, of course.
Could be, or it could suggest someone who just doesn't care much for flaming narcissists, which we all know run kinda rampant on RL at times. I only feel compelled to respond when they post nonsense like he did about his mad skillz on a 'scooter'. Kinda like Pista Boy over on the GT4 forum who boiled the brake fluid in his new GT4 in street driving, and swore it wasn't his poor braking technique but rather his superior skill and speed. Then doubled down with dick swinging and name dropping that had nothing to do with the issue at hand.
Old 02-05-2021, 03:28 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 584 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Could be, or it could suggest someone who just doesn't care much for flaming narcissists, which we all know run kinda rampant on RL at times. I only feel compelled to respond when they post nonsense like he did about his mad skillz on a 'scooter'. Kinda like Pista Boy over on the GT4 forum who boiled the brake fluid in his new GT4 in street driving, and swore it wasn't his poor braking technique but rather his superior skill and speed. Then doubled down with dick swinging and name dropping that had nothing to do with the issue at hand.
Dude, it's just an open internet forum, don't sweat the small stuff. Have a nice Friday. p.s. But it was not nonsense, I mean regarding my details of the corner(s) section and the scooter, that was 100% true and accurate description. It is what it is, I have/had some two wheeled talent.

Last edited by usrodeo4; 02-05-2021 at 03:36 PM.
Old 02-06-2021, 01:34 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 219 Posts

Saw this today and thought of you @usrodeo4

Old 02-06-2021, 02:52 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 584 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by gravedgr
Saw this today and thought of you @usrodeo4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4B9Sp1T78Y
A lot of the cornering techniques changed with technology and tires and I am not on the same planet with Marques but when I first started road racing I certainly carried over techniques from my motocross days but with a TZ250/350 you don't have a lot of options from steering with the rear wheel like motocross or the higher horsepower 500's or 750's or later Superbikes. With the TZ250/350 it was really about just having the perfect apex's with no variations for lap times and then trying to set people up with geometry angles to make passes in the corners, whereas with the higher HP scooters you could introduce other options such as "point and shoot" which was also used in "advanced" motocross cornering back in the 70's. Anywho I gave up the go fast scooters a while back as if you drive them near racing speed, it is never a matter of if you will get off but only when you will get off and I had so far managed to never get off on the street pushing the limit (I did take a pretty bad/expensive spill practicing stoppies that still pisses me off, errhhh!) so figured I should quit while I was ahead.

Last edited by usrodeo4; 02-06-2021 at 02:53 PM.

Quick Reply: The Utterly Amazing GT2 RS