Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could I get a price check on my GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 09:40 AM
carguy84
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I second eysa, BAT is probably the best way to go with this if you want to sell it as is. You'll get market price.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:06 AM
pjazz
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 140 Posts

I like the looks of the car and the mods, but I would be afraid the engine warranty might be voided. Have you discussed the mods you've done with the dealer to check a see if the engine tuning would interfere with the warranty?
Old 01-21-2021, 12:30 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 552 Likes on 342 Posts

Damn and I thought I went crazy with the mods! Love the color and the wheels! That tune would bother me though if I was a potential buyer as I believe the motor warranty is propping up the value of the .1s to some extent and the tune is perceived as a No-No. I third BAT with a $105 reserve.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:45 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 584 Likes on 326 Posts

That's a lot of mods and some not subtle...anytime you do that you start reducing the value. I see a pristine 20K 2015 GT3 CPO in Orlando Porsche for $126K...I tend to agree with others that as is unless you find a buyer who loves your mods it will take a deep discount sell it so $100K sounds like a good SWAG. GLWTS and congrats with the child on the way.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:24 PM
AhsanU
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Thank you everyone!

I'm likely going to be reverting back to stock and parting out. In regards to tune: I'll revert back to stock and talk to my local dealer about it. I'm sure if something goes wrong that Porsche may point to the tune, but one might have an argument that if it happens a year from now (after it's gone back to stock) that the tune didn't play a role in any sort of finger follower issue.

I honestly never cared about the value because, being a naïve person, I thought I would keep it for a much longer time. I drove it over 30k miles in 3 years so I'd say I definitely got my money's worth! The exhaust is absurdly loud but under WOT - it hits like nothing else. In cabin, it's pretty liveable actually. I drove to Toronto and back from NYC completely straight piped with the tune and there was no issue. But I understand it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, so I'll sell it with the stock components.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:38 PM
itrsteve
Burning Brakes

Received 725 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by AhsanU
Thank you everyone!

I'm likely going to be reverting back to stock and parting out. In regards to tune: I'll revert back to stock and talk to my local dealer about it. I'm sure if something goes wrong that Porsche may point to the tune, but one might have an argument that if it happens a year from now (after it's gone back to stock) that the tune didn't play a role in any sort of finger follower issue.

I honestly never cared about the value because, being a naïve person, I thought I would keep it for a much longer time. I drove it over 30k miles in 3 years so I'd say I definitely got my money's worth! The exhaust is absurdly loud but under WOT - it hits like nothing else. In cabin, it's pretty liveable actually. I drove to Toronto and back from NYC completely straight piped with the tune and there was no issue. But I understand it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, so I'll sell it with the stock components.
This is strictly anecdotal, but when I was going through my .1 engine replacement process the dealer asked me if I had a tune and then informed me that clearing the module was one of the steps and it would erase the tune if I had one.

But to echo everybody else's comments - bring that thing back to stock as much as possible, rear spoiler at bare minimum. You'll certainly get more for the car and then have some great parts to sell on the side.
Old 01-23-2021, 11:21 AM
wisky
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Congrats on the new addition to the family! As the owner of a high mile .1 GT3 myself - I think you will have a hard time selling this for anything over $100k. You are best off putting the OEM wing back on - if you can find someone who would do a straight swap for the wheels, that would likely be in your favor also.

Old 01-23-2021, 12:27 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,610 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by itrsteve
This is strictly anecdotal, but when I was going through my .1 engine replacement process the dealer asked me if I had a tune and then informed me that clearing the module was one of the steps and it would erase the tune if I had one.

But to echo everybody else's comments - bring that thing back to stock as much as possible, rear spoiler at bare minimum. You'll certainly get more for the car and then have some great parts to sell on the side.
+1, its unfortunate that you have irreversibly modified the body, that *will* detract from the value of the car and also reduce the addressable market of buyers...
Old 01-23-2021, 02:19 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by AhsanU
Thank you everyone!

30k miles. Nice!
Old 01-24-2021, 11:38 AM
Turbo Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

I for one think the car is gorgeous but I love blue cars to look at and this one is stunning. Agree with others. Stock look is best. Problem with these cars is motor and though a lot of people have mentioned talking to the dealer about warranty concerns, I was wondering about maybe you just purchasing an aftermarket warranty for the car for added buyer piece of mind? At any rate, glws and congrats on your new family addition!
Old 01-26-2021, 02:35 PM
sp330
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice to see you drove it and enjoyed it! Good luck with your sale and your family.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:42 AM
flyjets
Burning Brakes

Received 216 Likes on 132 Posts

80k wholesale

I would ask 100k retail.

Take 90k no trade

Most money sell the parts put it back to stock.

good luck
Ian

Quick Reply: Could I get a price check on my GT3?