Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3RS online map updates

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 10:00 PM
AlexOz
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 63 Posts
Default 991.2 GT3RS online map updates

Hi all, I wonder if someone else has fixed a vexing problem.

All the online Porsche Connect services in my 2019 GT3RS work fine, except map updates. The PCM shows me that there are 2020 updates, lets me select my regions, and start the download. And then nothing happens: the little download symbol appears on the PCM footer, but the download reports 0 B/S and stays there. I've tried it using the embedded SIM internet connection, including driving to a strong signal area. I've also turned off the PCM 'phone, which allows me to use my home wifi instead.

I called Porsche Support and they sent me an email suggesting that I hard reset the PCM and do a Vehicle Handover. The problem is that the hard reset procedure is for an older/different PCM, involving holding down the INFO button for 10 seconds. The 991.2 GT3RS doesn't have an INFO button. All my online searches for PCM reset describe the INFO button. I tried holding down various other buttons; nada. I did the Vehicle Handover anyway, with no result.

Any ideas please? Many thanks!
The following users liked this post:
KA 991 GT3 (12-24-2020)
Old 07-19-2021, 02:16 PM
Frank_Germany
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same Issue

I have the same problem with the PCM 4, Boxster S.

I am in contact with both Porsche and Porsche Smart Mobility.

Supposedly it is a problem on the backend according to Porsche according to Smart Mobility it is the hardware. I have tried a few things, LTE, WiFi, reset the PCM, current PCM update, the download of the maps still fails.

Porsche now install me the maps offline. In some forums, users also download the maps from Seat and VW and install them via SD card.

How embarrassing for a premium brand!

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3RS online map updates