Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2RS at Laguna Seca - maiden voyage

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2024, 12:02 AM
M3the01
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 167 Posts

Static stationary rev, no idea... but stock, WOT, 2,3,4th is 94-99db depending on clouds.

Old 08-09-2024, 09:09 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 973 Posts

Originally Posted by Track Rat
As to why I intentionally spun, I’ll do my best to explain: If a car’s velocity vector is pointed straight down the track and you lock up the brakes while sideways, the car will usually spin straight down the track. However if you try to save it while it is fishtailing, and it regains grip with a yaw angle of say 30°, the car may shoot off the track and may hit the wall. In the ACR with ESC and traction control fully off, I can keep my foot in the throttle and do a controlled drift until the car is back under control and pointed straight. But my yaw angle was something like 45°, and the nannies intervened and cut the power. So I couldn’t drift the car in a controlled fashion. You want to get on the throttle and weight transfer to the rear tires to regain control, but the nannies prevented that. The computer had taken over and I couldn’t predict the outcome. At that point, I threw in the towel and locked up the brakes, inducing a spin.
Two feet in for the win. Sometimes the smartest play is to pick a trajectory and lock em up. I've avoided many bad incidents this way and watched many others get in serious trouble trying to catch a slide that's too far gone.

Quick Reply: GT2RS at Laguna Seca - maiden voyage