Service grace period

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 06:46 PM
Tanner991
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Service grace period

Hey all,

So I called my local dealer to find out when my next service schedule was, and they said late Febuary, which with the grace period gave me until April 2 to complete the service to maintain CPO on my GT3. Living in Canada, that is quite tight to get the car on the road, and I find the requirement to trailer the car into the shop just to do the service to maintain the warranty is a bit overkill. The dealer said PCNA would reserve the right to refuse a warranty claim if I waited a few weeks until it was warm enough to drive. Given the number of cars the get stored over the winter, you'd figure the brand would be a bit more leniant on the timeline to allow people to at least get them on the road.

Anyone else experience a similar interval and thoughts on the above? The dealer said I should "lower the tire pressure" to get a roadside claim for a free tow to the dealer. I just think the brand should allow people storing the cars a bit of leniancy since they aren't being driven to just meet a timeline that is realistic. They also said I could not do the service early before storage and that it had to be done between late February and April 2.

Last edited by Tanner991; 10-08-2020 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:02 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,102 Likes on 2,122 Posts

Why can't you service it now? I can't imagine them having an issue with you trying to get service done early. I know they said you can't, but I would call another dealer and confirm that one or talk to someone different in the service department. Or just ask them why they won't allow it.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:07 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

The issue is not the dealer, Porsche will not pay them for early or late claims. Some are better at getting Porsche to handle, but the risk is Porsche NA denies the claim.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:07 PM
Tanner991
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Why can't you service it now? I can't imagine them having an issue with you trying to get service done early. I know they said you can't, but I would call another dealer and confirm that one or talk to someone different in the service department. Or just ask them why they won't allow it.
I asked and they said they won't do it unless it falls under the correct interval or very close to it, not 4-5 months before unfortunately. Seems like Roadside assistance is my only option here..
Old 10-08-2020, 07:10 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,102 Likes on 2,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanner991
I asked and they said they won't do it unless it falls under the correct interval or very close to it, not 4-5 months before unfortunately. Seems like Roadside assistance is my only option here..
Is this for prepaid service maintenance? If so, that makes a lot of sense.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:12 PM
Tanner991
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Is this for prepaid service maintenance? If so, that makes a lot of sense.
It's the regular service schedule, to maintain the CPO.

Quick Reply: Service grace period