Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving impressions of my GT car at speed with PDK in auto.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2020 | 10:41 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Default Driving impressions of my GT car at speed with PDK in auto.

Hi Guys, nothing earth shattering here. Mostly old news for all of you PDK experts but this is my first PDK car and since I have had her the past month I have driven her solely in manual mode (equal parts PDK sport and normal) just to get some interaction and get a seat of the pants feel of what I have. A few sporty runs including a few triple digit spurts and a couple times through the only elevation change tight S curve in Brevard county at a brisk pace, but nothing other then scratching the surface of my car. Anyway today took a run across the causeway for lunch and left her in auto (PDK Sport) for the first time. Color me super impressed, this PDK means business. I passed a row of cars getting to a low speed 90 degree right turn and just forgot about the transmission and kept up the pace and darted in like an F1 car with the PDK picking the perfect gear. Pretty damn well engineered...not quite F-35 flight dynamics electronic suite sensor signal processing but not too shabby at all. I am REALLY loving this car...looking forward to my first DE at Sebring in October. Oh and when I pulled into the parking lot for lunch (found a great spot on the grass) one of the waiters trotted out and said hi and asked if he could take some pictures. Of course I said sure. The GT2 is like a supermodel and I am just a handler, haha.

Last edited by usrodeo4; 08-12-2020 at 07:31 AM.
Old 08-10-2020 | 10:46 PM
M3the01
Burning Brakes

Agreed, surprised... Definitely like it over the auto mode in the 458 and 488.
The following users liked this post:
usrodeo4 (08-10-2020)

Quick Reply: Driving impressions of my GT car at speed with PDK in auto.