Sponsored by:

Introducing MCS 2way and 3way Dampers for 991.2 GT3RS and GT2RS with FAL

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 05:24 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by A/S

In the next few months the feedback from this MCS kit will start to show up with lap times differences to the stock cars, pretty amazing that this platform is being developed even more, and with Dundon's excellent customer service, I have no doubt that information on settings for compression, rebound, high-speed rebound for this kit will be available. E-Motion is also involved with Dundon, so setup and progress is not promising, it is guaranteed.

Awesome...
This is a good point to touch on with the MCS Dundon Dampers. The kit will come with tested recommended settings for track and for street so the end user can set the shocks, hop in, and not worry about knowing if the shocks are set right. Again this isn't going to be perfect for every area of the country but it will be a very solid starting point for each. From there the turns on the **** will be one or two clicks depending on the feedback from the customer. The intentions with all of this is to make it easy to the customer. I have no $$ skin in this game but I have offered to Dundon and MCS my time to help these customers out if they need it for tuning their cars on this setup. I am available by email and messenger on here to help get the shocks more dialed in for different tracks or conditions to suit the customer. And from what I can feel so far with these on my .2 GT3RS they are going to be a big jump in making an already great car even better. The street drive quality of the shocks improve the ride quality of the car even with the track settings on it that I feel they are the best upgrade of I have done to my car.
The following 2 users liked this post by Seth Thomas:
Jamie@dundonmotorsports (08-07-2020), usrodeo4 (09-15-2021)
Old 08-08-2020, 12:39 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by A/S
On the stock suspension, both cars use the same springs and shocks. The calibration of the PASM could (and should) be different, but this is a moot point on fully adjustable manual shocks...
Spring rates are the same but I've not been able to confirm shock valving is the same and regardless it's not optimal in my opinion given the additional 200lbs of weight the GT2 RS carries, the majority of which is hanging off the back.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:02 PM
erko1905
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 61 Posts

Just to confirm on the maintaining the FAL w these MCS topic: Won’t work w the .2 GT3 pneumatic FAL? Is that a future possibility or unlikely?
Old 08-08-2020, 02:17 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by erko1905
Just to confirm on the maintaining the FAL w these MCS topic: Won’t work w the .2 GT3 pneumatic FAL? Is that a future possibility or unlikely?
Correct the pneumatic system won’t work currently but we are working on a solution for that so the factory pump and switch will operate as normal.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:20 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nizer
Spring rates are the same but I've not been able to confirm shock valving is the same and regardless it's not optimal in my opinion given the additional 200lbs of weight the GT2 RS carries, the majority of which is hanging off the back.
I like your thoughts on that and you might be right on the stock shocks. One of the advantages of the MCS shocks is with a GT2RS you can increase the Nitrogen pressure in the canister to help compensate for the extra weight. The calving doesnt have to change drastically because of the adjustability in the shock itself. Of course all this sounds complicated but the guys and MCS and Dundon will be there to support changes like this on any car these are installed on.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:27 PM
M3the01
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 164 Posts

Is the kit for the gt2rs different than the gt3rs? Like Seth and others mentioned the increased weight and subtleties of the gt2rs vs gt3rs. I can say the cars feel different, the 991.2 gt3rs vs gt2rs, it isnt just the weight, the gt3rs felt like it was harsher than the gt2rs over minor bumps, both had weissach package.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:46 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 368 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by erko1905
It's actively being worked on now. Dundon and MCS have been collaborating on a solution and I believe MCS may have a prototype to play with in the next few weeks.

Originally Posted by Nizer
Is possible, but the difference in the GT2RS is the electronic tuning of the shock valving with the PASM controller. The MCS dampers have a much much wider range that is much more linear. The valving is almost perfect as we landed with them set up in the middle of the range of adjustment for the GT3RS (even with the Aero kit on my 991.2 GT3RS). one or 2 clicks you make subtle changes in the car you can feel

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
I like your thoughts on that and you might be right on the stock shocks. One of the advantages of the MCS shocks is with a GT2RS you can increase the Nitrogen pressure in the canister to help compensate for the extra weight. The calving doesnt have to change drastically because of the adjustability in the shock itself. Of course all this sounds complicated but the guys and MCS and Dundon will be there to support changes like this on any car these are installed on.

What Seth is saying can't be understated, the damper is adjustable. Meaning the kit doesn't have to be changed to every tire combination, or to a specific track, or to a 100lb weight change in the car, all of that is adjustable with the canister pressure, high and low speed compression and rebound adjustments!

Originally Posted by M3the01
Is the kit for the gt2rs different than the gt3rs? Like Seth and others mentioned the increased weight and subtleties of the gt2rs vs gt3rs. I can say the cars feel different, the 991.2 gt3rs vs gt2rs, it isnt just the weight, the gt3rs felt like it was harsher than the gt2rs over minor bumps, both had weissach package.
No the kits are the same, the settings would be different and there is a wide range that can be tuned. What you felt was the different PASM programming between the GT3RS and GT2RS. To me the GT2RS just feels soft in general and I believe it was intentionally setup that way as traction is difficult to find with that beast!
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
The following users liked this post:
Anu2g (03-23-2024)
Old 08-08-2020, 09:16 PM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 93 Posts

Any comments on the dampers on a 991.2 GT3? Hopefully pneumatic FAL adjustment coming soon. Was planning on combining a KW clubsport with emotion engineering stage 4.5 package. But think will drop KW now. Interested to hear comments on how the pair would go as well. Thanks for the informative tread!
Old 08-08-2020, 09:23 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by aalencar
Any comments on the dampers on a 991.2 GT3? Hopefully pneumatic FAL adjustment coming soon. Was planning on combining a KW clubsport with emotion engineering stage 4.5 package. But think will drop KW now. Interested to hear comments on how the pair would go as well. Thanks for the informative tread!
The Emotion 4.5 is definitely Weissach+! Paired with the MCS will be a very nice match! I know Wyatt and the MCS team are working on the Pneumatic FAL, hoping to see a prototype in the next few weeks!
Old 08-08-2020, 09:34 PM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
The Emotion 4.5 is definitely Weissach+! Paired with the MCS will be a very nice match! I know Wyatt and the MCS team are working on the Pneumatic FAL, hoping to see a prototype in the next few weeks!
Looking forward to it. Glad I waited a little before jumping on KW!

I mostly drive car in Sebring (will be at Road Atlanta this coming weekend though!). Car at most is driven on Fridays and a little on weekends. How easy is the adjustment between street/track settings? Can you also comment on installation and location of canisters?
Old 08-08-2020, 09:52 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by aalencar
Looking forward to it. Glad I waited a little before jumping on KW!

I mostly drive car in Sebring (will be at Road Atlanta this coming weekend though!). Car at most is driven on Fridays and a little on weekends. How easy is the adjustment between street/track settings? Can you also comment on installation and location of canisters?
If you watch the video in our original post you can see where the canisters are. In the frunk and on the harness bar in the rear. High speed and Low Speed Bump are on the canisters. Rebound is the top of the shocks. We provide an extension to get at rebound a bit easier in the rear!

Sebring is one of those tracks this kit will be stellar for!
Seth Thomas (08-08-2020)
Old 08-10-2020, 08:25 AM
can84
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Do you have any lap times with same driver stock vs MC2 ?
Old 08-10-2020, 03:24 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by can84
Do you have any lap times with same driver stock vs MC2 ?
So far only my 991.2 RS before and after. Same tires (Dunlop Race Spec 2's) before and after MCS. I gained about 1.5-2 seconds and a pro came in and laid down a 1:44.9 a few tenths same day same car later session.

The car is faster with the suspension, but it's more that I can drive it faster more easily, with more confidence. Like anything else it's both the cars performance envelope getting bigger, and you the driver learning how to use it and explore it!

usrodeo4 (09-15-2021)
Old 08-10-2020, 03:36 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,941 Likes on 2,799 Posts

That's a big delta in a lap that short.
usrodeo4 (09-15-2021)
Old 08-10-2020, 05:43 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GrantG
That's a big delta in a lap that short.
We're on the faster side, at the Ridge typically if you're under 2:00 you're doing well, Under 1:50 and very well. Most 991.2 RS are 1:50, good drivers are 1:47-1:48 on Cup 2's... The time came from the car doing everything right and me gaining confidence because of it!

Jamie

Last edited by Jamie@dundonmotorsports; 08-10-2020 at 07:07 PM.
usrodeo4 (09-15-2021)

Quick Reply: Introducing MCS 2way and 3way Dampers for 991.2 GT3RS and GT2RS with FAL