Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS Love

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2020 | 11:41 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Mav while I agree the RS is great they will ALWAYS be available....the best car is the next one in my book.....The Pista is a sight to behold....
yes, I agree please stop I don’t need the pressure. I just hate it would be a garage Queen, and wouldn’t drive it much can’t park the damn thing anywhere. It’s a beautiful car .........going to a private Ferrari event in NY in July I will touch and not buy(:
Old 06-19-2020 | 11:53 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by gt3.997
i'm sitting here in envy of you having your own golf cart! that's on my list when I stop walking courses.
Yeah it’s a thing in south GA, the city I live in is connected by over 100 miles of GC paths ......took awhile for that CA Kid to get use too. The pic below is one of the high schools normal day.

Old 06-19-2020 | 12:10 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Originally Posted by Maverick787
yes, I agree please stop I don’t need the pressure. I just hate it would be a garage Queen, and wouldn’t drive it much can’t park the damn thing anywhere. It’s a beautiful car .........going to a private Ferrari event in NY in July I will touch and not buy(:
There's no pressure Mav....I mean let's be honest you probably can't swing the Pista and just want to talk about it JK...I mean why go and spend the money on a piece of art that goes like a bat out of hell.....it doesn't have to be a garage queen and you'll be surprised where you can park it.....but anyways you can always get it in your next life....no pressure though

Last edited by shapiroeric; 06-19-2020 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-19-2020 | 01:17 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

If I were going to back-pedal on being content with what i have already, I'd be tempted to pick up a 2rs as they drift lower. They are almost reasonable now. At the plus 50-150 insanity they were, zero interest but as they drift to a 2-handle, it will be tempting.
Old 06-19-2020 | 01:50 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

There's no pressure Mav....I mean let's be honest you probably can't swing the Pista and just want to talk about it....I mean why go and spend the money on a piece of art that goes like a bat out of hell.....it doesn't have to be a garage queen and you'll be surprised where you can park it.....but anyways you can always get it in your next life....no pressure though
Pista no problem bro they didn’t call me for no reason (:
Old 06-19-2020 | 02:29 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Pista no problem bro they didn’t call me for no reason (:

I vote to make the move....not even a second thought....
Old 06-19-2020 | 06:06 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

We all get that feeling to get a new car, and I’ve been there the last 2 week. I have line of site on a Speedster, and my a friend at Ferrari has a MSRP Pista, and I have to move a car due to room. I would have to move the RS, and was in the garage and said no way enjoy the car you built and said it’s a keeper. I learned a good lesson tonight enjoy what you have in front of you. Be safe, and enjoy your cars.

I think you should get rid of that daily driver SUV/Crossover and the golf cart so you have room to keep the 3RS and get the Speedster and Pista.
The following users liked this post:
fijibubba (06-20-2020)
Old 06-19-2020 | 06:21 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

That’s the wife’s car AMG 63 AWD it’s a beast. I keep myself with 2 cars so I can drive them. Who’s knows may move the 675LT, but love that one too!
Old 06-19-2020 | 06:23 PM
rob944s2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sgroer
https://giphy.com/gifs/xUn3Ctw4t97seNCLDO

A friend posted this on FB and it totally resonated with me. Granted he has a plane and a beach house so it’s easy to say for him.
I love this
Old 06-19-2020 | 06:26 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

That’s the wife’s car AMG 63 AWD it’s a beast. I keep myself with 2 cars so I can drive them. Who’s knows may move the 675LT, but love that one too!
I hate to say this because I love the 675LT, but a Pista would get me to sell it. Speedster, not so much. Save $200k and buy a boxter spyder instead. Lift will fix storage problem. I'm an enabler.
The following users liked this post:
fijibubba (06-20-2020)
Old 06-19-2020 | 06:31 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by joejenie
I hate to say this because I love the 675LT, but a Pista would get me to sell it. Speedster, not so much. Save $200k and buy a boxter spyder instead. Lift will fix storage problem. I'm an enabler.
Had a 2016 Spyder gears are too tall and nothing like a GT 4.0. Note cars need time to drive not a collector. You are an enabler, going to a private Ferrari event next month who knows (:
Old 06-19-2020 | 06:51 PM
Akunob
Race Car

I vote to make the move....not even a second thought....
Don’t take the bait...Lol You can’t go wrong with either a Pista or Speedster
Old 06-19-2020 | 06:53 PM
jgorscak
Rennlist Member

Noooooooooo! 675 must stay. Lift is the perfect solution! 😏
Old 06-20-2020 | 01:53 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sgroer
https://giphy.com/gifs/xUn3Ctw4t97seNCLDO

A friend posted this on FB and it totally resonated with me. Granted he has a plane and a beach house so it’s easy to say for him.
This is great..

Mav - Car ADD really sucks .. I think you have a fantastic pair. I think the 675 is a keeper. Lightweight, super powerful go kart (hard to replace) . RS is awesome but they made a lot and there's another one coming. So if you had to move one - that would be it for me. RS to Speedster would be interesting (2 totally different animals). While i originally didnt love the Speedster - the shape in certain angles is not perfect - its definitely growing on me. Owners seem to rave about it - I would need to validate that with driving it. I initially thought it was a lot of money for in essence a convertible Touring (Touring plus $120K). But there's nothing like it out there. You would move to an open top manual GT Porsche vs a track oriented RS. Although they in essence have the same engine - 2 completely different applications / uses. One optimized for performance / track / handling - the other an open top, manual, more GT experience. It would be an expensive upgrade - your car plus $$$. I am a fan of Cabs (living here in So Cal) - question is do you like them and would you use that form of driving a lot (again a bit of a contrast to the RS and 675?). I may not be helping but you seem to make good decisions on your own already and especially after a bourbon.
Old 06-20-2020 | 02:26 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by rodsky
This is great..

Mav - Car ADD really sucks .. I think you have a fantastic pair. I think the 675 is a keeper. Lightweight, super powerful go kart (hard to replace) . RS is awesome but they made a lot and there's another one coming. So if you had to move one - that would be it for me. RS to Speedster would be interesting (2 totally different animals). While i originally didnt love the Speedster - the shape in certain angles is not perfect - its definitely growing on me. Owners seem to rave about it - I would need to validate that with driving it. I initially thought it was a lot of money for in essence a convertible Touring (Touring plus $120K). But there's nothing like it out there. You would move to an open top manual GT Porsche vs a track oriented RS. Although they in essence have the same engine - 2 completely different applications / uses. One optimized for performance / track / handling - the other an open top, manual, more GT experience. It would be an expensive upgrade - your car plus $$$. I am a fan of Cabs (living here in So Cal) - question is do you like them and would you use that form of driving a lot (again a bit of a contrast to the RS and 675?). I may not be helping but you seem to make good decisions on your own already and especially after a bourbon.
‘Thx - Rodsky, the goodness I have time so that’s on my side for better or for worse. My buddy has a Speedster, and it look much bette in person and we too it for a spin man it was a fun drive open top/no body flex like my last 458. Yeah, it’s very hard to part with the 675LT it’s that special to me have to drive it to understand. Not a fan of the 992, but agree can always get a RS in PDK. Actually I do love the pair ............will drive them this weekend which always make me love them more. Amazing how many Speedsters/Pista’s are available .........good time to buy for sure.

Quick Reply: RS Love