Sponsored by:

best exhaust mod for daily driver GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2020, 10:28 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by rhk118
Reviving this thread since seems most relevant to me...How are people plugging their valves on the GT3?

I know pull the vacuum lines off but what are you using to plug them and do you then just reinsert into the valve so nothing gets in there or just leave them disconnected and zip tie them somewhere? Need to at least try this. Also is there a consensus on low RPM HP or Tq drop with valves open below 4K RPM...seen this mentioned numerous times with reputable folks saying yes definite HP drop with them open down low and others saying no difference...I'm trying it anyway but appreciate input. @Alan C. sick setup...wish my dealer was cool with pre-cat changes but they definitely are not...
I tried
Old 09-06-2020, 10:34 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 538 Posts

Reviving this thread since seems most relevant to me...How are people plugging their valves on the GT3?

I know pull the vacuum lines off but what are you using to plug them and do you then just reinsert into the valve so nothing gets in there or just leave them disconnected and zip tie them somewhere? Need to at least try this. Also is there a consensus on low RPM HP or Tq drop with valves open below 4K RPM...seen this mentioned numerous times with reputable folks saying yes definite HP drop with them open down low and others saying no difference...I'm trying it anyway but appreciate input. @Alan C. sick setup...wish my dealer was cool with pre-cat changes but they definitely are not...
I went the plug the vacuum tube route once. I used allen head set screws to plug the lines. You want the screws to be slightly larger than the line ID. Screw them in far enough to allow the line to be reconnected and connect it back to the valve.
The following users liked this post:
rhk118 (09-06-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 05:47 PM
rhk118
Pro

Received 269 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
I went the plug the vacuum tube route once. I used allen head set screws to plug the lines. You want the screws to be slightly larger than the line ID. Screw them in far enough to allow the line to be reconnected and connect it back to the valve.
Thanks Alan, well as you know I installed your GRP rear delete today and WOW, just WOW. I can't imagine what this thing sounds like with headers, side, and rear deletes...No question now that I will be leaving the valves connected and intact for sure with this on! So that question took care of itself. At first I had the valves set to 'open' with the button and when they opened with both windows down I thought "oh...what did I do?" as it created a resonance with the entire cockpit of the car, but then as it revved up it completely changed my mind...WOW, agree with you that the car should come this way. Also drove around quite a bit with the valve button in the "closed" setting and it is completely serviceable, doesn't make dogs jump, no louder than stock, and is nicely contained until you get into it...seems the valves open up around 4500-5000 with the valve button off or if you really get on it and with the GRP the transitions seem more right to me in this setting than with the rear stock muffler. So by myself valve button will be set to open, and with the boss with me, those things will be closed....in that setting it only gets loud when it naturally seems it would be loud when you're on it so not sure she will pick up on that...actually seems less Jeckal and Hyde than stock now with the valve button off...regardless, very worthwhile upgrade...and also got about 5 pounds of little rocks out of the rear end...they were everywhere LOL...
Old 09-06-2020, 06:42 PM
rhk118
Pro

When I took my bumper cover off my 991.2 GT3T today I laid all the screws/bolts out sort of oriented for the visually inclined amongst us (and really to keep track)....hopefully this helps someone. For the upper deck lid take the 4 screws out of the black plastic, not the painted part of the bumper cover...if you just take the 4 out of the painted part you will be wondering why it still seems held on so well

Oriented screws to remove rear bumper 991.2 GT3 Touring

Last edited by rhk118; 09-06-2020 at 06:44 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by rhk118:
4PTZERO (09-07-2020), bulldog_YYC (09-06-2020), carb0n (09-10-2020), gt3touring (09-06-2020), silvertige (09-07-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 03:12 AM
silvertige
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 119 Posts

When I took my bumper cover off my 991.2 GT3T today I laid all the screws/bolts out sort of oriented for the visually inclined amongst us (and really to keep track)....hopefully this helps someone. For the upper deck lid take the 4 screws out of the black plastic, not the painted part of the bumper cover...if you just take the 4 out of the painted part you will be wondering why it still seems held on so well

Oriented screws to remove rear bumper 991.2 GT3 Touring
That’s awesome, thanks!
The following users liked this post:
rhk118 (09-07-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 03:01 PM
rhk118
Pro

No problem! Did this more so when I do it again I won't have to search all the separate threads...typically projects like this recurs right beyond my memory's capacity to remember how the heck to do it, figured I could at least share it with everyone as well! One of the videos mentioned 15 bolts needing removal, but I count 30 there....and pretty sure I'm counting correctly...took 25 minutes first go, people are correct, it is fairly straightforward...wife was a bit baffled when she saw it all apart...I just smiled and she nodded and went away...so the answer is 1.5 weeks of ownership before I need to tinker with something in a major way...this might be a problem...

Last edited by rhk118; 09-07-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Quick Reply: best exhaust mod for daily driver GT3?