Sponsored by:

Mexico Blue Wrap vs. Miami Blue Wrap

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 12:18 PM
H-MAN
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 9914s

Not a GT3 but you get the idea. Vvivid smurf blue.

Wrap is looking great. You are doing it yourself? How's the install going? Worth the effort?
Old 04-27-2020, 01:45 PM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 143 Posts

^^^ yea I did it myself.Installation wasn’t to bad. It took me a full day to do what you see in this picture. But I traded my car for a GT3 the next day so I never finished the project.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:42 PM
MKIVdan
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by adhedhy
Per offline discussions, my vote is Mexico blue !
Mexico is on! Car is heading to shop soon.

Originally Posted by montoya
Wraps are cool for color changes and for a stand off (6-10 feet - hey social distancing, LOL) look. Fair warning though, it can't replicate the gloss and look of paint. So if your aim is more than just a fun color shift then another option is spray on plasticized paint which can be removed like vinyl later, or you can overwrap your vinyl wrap with clear film. Either way if professionally done you are looking at a lot of money. The promise of of sprayable wraps are still not there with a lot of orange peel and sand/finishing required to get a real glossy look like paint, from the products I've seen. New products are coming out all the time so there maybe some that are out which have a better unfinished result- just be aware most are not spray and walk away- they need a lot of work to look good.

Just some insight from someone who has wrapped his car and done a lot of research into the new spray wraps. In the end, I decided I'm happier with paint and willing to find/pay for the color I want.
I would have picked my color from the factory if i had the chance. Bought a car that was already built so i didnt have many options. I also wasnt going to be that guy who spec'd the car from the dealer and pay that additional mark up.

In all fairness of wrapped cars, ive seen plenty of wrapped cars that I thought was paint.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:09 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by MKIVdan
Mexico is on! Car is heading to shop soon.

I would have picked my color from the factory if i had the chance. Bought a car that was already built so i didnt have many options. I also wasnt going to be that guy who spec'd the car from the dealer and pay that additional mark up.

In all fairness of wrapped cars, ive seen plenty of wrapped cars that I thought was paint.
I am just like you. I also couldn’t get the color I wanted and had seen wraps I thought were paint. So I wrapped my Corvette and loved it... for a while... until the lack of gloss wore on me. Hey, maybe you’re different and don’t wash or detail your car- in that case great. But if you are, the way the sun hits a wrap vs paint is not the same. This is just a fair warning. See picture below, yes it looked great for afar, but after owning a wrapped vehicle I can spot one from pretty far away in direct sun. Look at how the light diffuses on the front bumper, that’s the flat nature of the wrap. Of course it looks worse in artificial light and is easy to see. That is why I’m suggesting some options for a glossy look- it costs more, but to me worth it if you’re trying for the best look you can get. For the money spray on wrap with extra work to remove the orange peal is the way to go.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:18 AM
jeebus31
Three Wheelin'

Received 422 Likes on 233 Posts

Mexico blue is the way to go. Mine is avery dennison gloss intense blue which is closest to MB.

Name:  Rw66S6U.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  271.0 KB

FWIW my wrap installer recently showed me a new product on the market from Inozetek that is even more paint-like and no orange peel or glue lines. Seems intriguing and they have a miami blue option.

https://inozetekusa.com/products/supergloss-miami-blue
Old 04-29-2020, 12:56 PM
sgnl05
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jeebus31
Mexico blue is the way to go. Mine is avery dennison gloss intense blue which is closest to MB.

From this photo it's looking closer to Arrow Blue. Any darker and it could lean toward Voodoo Blue. I imagine it looks different in various lighting situations.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:05 PM
jeebus31
Three Wheelin'

Received 422 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by sgnl05
From this photo it's looking closer to Arrow Blue. Any darker and it could lean toward Voodoo Blue. I imagine it looks different in various lighting situations.
Right on, different shades in different light. Definitely not as dark as voodoo. It’s between Mexico and Riviera and closer to Mexico.

Old 06-10-2020, 01:03 PM
byroncheung
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm contemplating doing the Inozetek Miami blue on my 997.2 c2s. Does anyone have experience 1st hand with the Inozetek wrap?
Also, if I wrap the car, would it makes sense to put on a new stone guard on the quarter panel or the wrap itself offer enough protection?
Old 06-11-2020, 02:11 AM
bli8
Rennlist Member

Received 218 Likes on 119 Posts

I've been looking at these 2 shades of blue from the 3M 2080 series, just haven't figured out how to wrap the ducktail which has so many curves. Has anyone wrap a ducktail w/ a single sheet?

Old 06-11-2020, 01:21 PM
ad2330
Racer

Received 267 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by jeebus31

FWIW my wrap installer recently showed me a new product on the market from Inozetek that is even more paint-like and no orange peel or glue lines. Seems intriguing and they have a miami blue option.

https://inozetekusa.com/products/supergloss-miami-blue

That Inozetek looks really intriguing. Thanks for posting!
Old 06-12-2020, 09:26 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by bli8
I've been looking at these 2 shades of blue from the 3M 2080 series, just haven't figured out how to wrap the ducktail which has so many curves. Has anyone wrap a ducktail w/ a single sheet?
Look at the mirrors in the wraps above- experienced installers can wrap the material around almost anything. Amateurs will need a lot of practice, but the material is cheap so have at it! Fellers is a great resource for all the different wraps and tools.

Quick Reply: Mexico Blue Wrap vs. Miami Blue Wrap