Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Installed Radar/Laser Systems

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 05:25 AM
Johnny Five
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 195 Posts

I had out of state dealer do a 360CI install before they shipped it to me. Install was very good not excellent. I love the system - it alerts when it needs to and doesn’t when it doesn’t. My 10 year old V1 is unusable due to false alerts this one is excellent.

I haven’t gotten hit with laser yet but I bought a laser tester on eBay and the passport detects and jams. I read it may not be effective against Dragons Eye laser - has anyone heard any updates?

We don’t have much laser where I live so I’m happy with any potential laser jamming effectiveness compromises for a solid liveable invisible install. I’m not super techy and didn’t want multiple systems with apps and read outs and what not. Too much work.

Ive got the display screen in my rear view mirror - there’s a company out of I think Houston who builds the mirrors - I forgot their name - they send you a brand new mirror you send in your old one plus payment.

I love where the installer put my control panel but honestly I don’t use it much. Set it and forget it. Installer drilled 4 small holes to run the laser unit wires - eh - whatever. Front radar unit is behind / inside the driver side lower splitter - laser control unit near the brake master cylinder in the frunk, main module is under the floor panel where the driver fuse box is - USB cable is accessible behind driver side dash trim. The rear radar unit must be behind the bumper cover somewhere. Laser units mounted in the usual spots front splitter and license plate frame well.

Let me know if you want any pictures. External speaker highly recommended. Mine is mounted under dash near my left foot.
Old 04-23-2020, 05:35 AM
Johnny Five
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 195 Posts

The reason I’m so familiar with my install is because I had to rip half of it back out to remove my mirror for Exclusive Option to leather wrap. What a mess!

I think I paid $1200-1500 for the install. Worth every penny if you ask me - I’m glad I didn’t have to trace the laser wires all the way back from the back of the car. I like DIY but some stuff is rather just pay to have done.

Old 04-23-2020, 07:07 PM
wru
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 149 Posts

I like the mirror option a lot - it's easy for visual and clean. much easier than the custom fabrication in mine... if i were to do it again i'd probably go the mirror route, given cost is about the same.

Quick Reply: Custom Installed Radar/Laser Systems