991 GT3 alignment

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 04:35 PM
spreadselbow
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991 GT3 alignment

Hello all
Recently had my 991.1 GT3 in for 4 wheel alignment as there was a slight shake from wheel at higher speed, the adjustment they made eradicated the problem l but it’s now under steering slightly.

is anyone able to look at the adjustments they made (links below ) and compare to see what I could have tinkered.

https://ibb.co/qpBBKsr
https://ibb.co/G3xQPbV

Many thanks
Old 04-20-2020, 05:08 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,941 Likes on 2,799 Posts

Originally Posted by spreadselbow
Hello all
Recently had my 991.1 GT3 in for 4 wheel alignment as there was a slight shake from wheel at higher speed, the adjustment they made eradicated the problem l but it’s now under steering slightly.

is anyone able to look at the adjustments they made (links below ) and compare to see what I could have tinkered.

https://ibb.co/qpBBKsr
https://ibb.co/G3xQPbV

Many thanks
That’s pretty close to factory spec, but in my experience, they originally gave me more negative camber in front and a bit less toe in the rear from factory.

If you don’t want to bother with another alignment, you could play with swaybar setting (soften front and/or stiffen rear).

If you want to adjust alignment, I’d add more negative camber in front and perhaps a touch less rear toe.

Stock alignment specs attached:

Old 04-20-2020, 05:51 PM
spreadselbow
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
That’s pretty close to factory spec, but in my experience, they originally gave me more negative camber in front and a bit less toe in the rear from factory.

If you don’t want to bother with another alignment, you could play with swaybar setting (soften front and/or stiffen rear).

If you want to adjust alignment, I’d add more negative camber in front and perhaps a touch less rear toe.

Stock alignment specs attached:

thanks very much, good man.
This alignment has been quite frustrating as it solved one issue and caused another!!
With regards to swaybar Can these can be adjusted off ramps without hooking up to a alignment machine?
Cheers!
Old 04-20-2020, 06:03 PM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

This alignment has been quite frustrating as it solved one issue and caused another!!
With regards to swaybar Can these can be adjusted off ramps without hooking up to a alignment machine?
Cheers!
Yes.. Sure
Old 04-20-2020, 06:34 PM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Cheers!
Double post
Old 04-20-2020, 07:01 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,941 Likes on 2,799 Posts

Cheers!
Yeah, these cars are very sensitive to alignment. I found the rear toe to be particularly sensitive (I like only about a quarter of a degree total toe in sum of both sides to be .25 degrees or 15 minutes - means same thing).
Your specs were in minutes, btw - apostrophe means minutes

Last edited by GrantG; 04-20-2020 at 09:07 PM.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 alignment