991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.1 GT3/RS Center X tail pipe

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2020 | 01:38 PM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

My MBRP https://mbrpexhauststore.com/vehicle...e/991-911-gt3/ is fantastic at WOT and looks the biz too, I just like the higher pitched X pipe sound. The fact that there is hardly any RSS available used is also a good sign vs most other makes, where there are plently
Old 04-06-2020 | 03:23 PM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

^ Glass 1/2 empty- I guess
Old 04-14-2020 | 01:27 PM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

Still looking, would obviously be happy with a LUCAS FAB x pipe too
Old 04-14-2020 | 05:55 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Richard.
Still looking, would obviously be happy with a LUCAS FAB x pipe too
Check out CMS.
Old 04-15-2020 | 07:38 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

HI Richard and everyone.
I hope everyone is safe , happy and healthy

There are so many choices for parts for the GT3 cars since the car debutted in 2007. I am the president of Fabspeed Motorsport and a PCA member of 30 years.
When so mention X pipes for GT3 cars I know of 2 possibilities. The 1st would be a rear side muffler delete and center muffler delete that is like the Porsche factory RSR race systems. Many years ago I designed, engineered and dyno developed a complete GT3 rear X pipe solution for aggressive sports car sound and maximum weight savings and maximum power and quality sports car sound with minimal drone.
You must have an X built into any serious quality system to tie both sides of the FLAT SIX engine together to get superb symphonic GT3 sports car sound and minimize sympathetic resonance. Its a lot cheap quicker and easier to simple have two 90 degree bends and dual tips. That requires virtually no fabrication and inhouse equipment skills.

Here is the Fabspeed X pipe for all 997 GT3 to the very latest 991.2 GT3 cars. We offer it with your choice of deluxe tips and also 90 degree turn downs. The KEY is the rear X pipe again that ties together each exhaust bank of the legendary flat 6. For more information and detailed pictures and explanation Videos visit www.fabspeed.com

Fabspeed GT3 rear side muffler and center muffler delete X pipe. CNC mandrel bent 100% inhouse manufacturing.

The 2nd option for an X pipe would be a rear GT3 center muffler replacemnt pipe or center muffler delete X pipe or rear center muffler pipes. These are all the same in terms of weight savings. HOWEVER design, engineering and dyno development is crucial to make quality suberb sports car sound, minimize resonance droan and make additional power and to NOT immediately reduce power by -7HP in an instant. Seriously there are like 15 options to replace the 997GT3 to the latest 991.2 GT3 rear center muffler with "pipes and tips" from many variuos companies.

I'm not bragging but when my buddies 997 GT3 was air freighted in from Germany in December 2006 the engineering team at Fabspeed developed over 6 different performance systems for the new GT3. We used knowledge gained from our experineces PCA club racing 996 GT3s and other Porsche wasser-cooled cars. Over 14 years ago, wow times passes, we designed headers with no cats/ Race competition headers , headers with HJS German catalytic converters , side muffler bypass pipes with valves, SMBypass pipes no exhaust valves and rear center muffler delete pipes.

Over all these 14 years the team at Fabspeed Motorsport 50 plus people have learned and collaborated with Porsche engine builders, tuners and employed the knowledge to refine our GT3 systems.

Back to the center muffler delete X pipe as that is what I am thinking you want. First center muffler deletes with 2 simple 90 degree outlets on each side LOSE about -7HP versus the stock OEM GT3 Porsche center muffler as we have witnessed on dyno testing and tuning. Two simple 90 degree elbows with dual tips with a welded on center mounting bracket are easy to make BUT dont work and will cost a GT3 significant power versus stock. Yes the car sounds louder & prouder but its simply loud and slower than stock. Four of 5 car lengths at a track is -7HP on a long straight like Pocono, Sebring and Watkins Glen International in unacceptable and even on the street "why pay your money to lose power and go slower than stock"!

The 2nd GT3 center muffler bypass pipes that car lose even more power versus stock is a GT3 center muffler bypass pipe designed same as above BUT has a center Horizontal balance tube welded near or between each 90 degree bend. This ill advise balance tube is welded horizontally at the 90 degree bend and will reduce power by -9HP on early GT3s to -11HP on big engine 991.2 GT3 engines. These parts are obviously simply slapped together and SOLD to the unsuspecting public. Alot of this stuff was Dynoed and certain firms simply ignore the reality for $ales revenue. If you see a GT3 system with a horizontal balance tube run away, dont buy it and remove it from your car. I not making any of this up. Its reality and sure the car sound s louder but get quality and more power.
WHY- simply the exhaust gas and pulses are moving so fast and then with the horizontal tube the Left & Right exhaust collide and smash into each other and immediately reduce exhaust flow and power.

If you have CUT open Porsche mufflers and completed DT, destructive testing, and NDA non-destructive testing like we have done for over 25 years at Fabspeed Motorsport to learn what the OEM engineers were trying to accomplish visa a vie sports car sound, power output goals and other criteria. We do this so we can either emulate certain features and then work on a clean sheet of paper to design a better system.

On the 991 GT3 the rear muffler design is a 5 chamber system. At Fabspeed we have found that copying and enhancing the OEM Porsche Ag German design gave us the very best sportd car sound with maximum power across the RPM band. Our design pictured below is 100% made in house at fabspeed Motorsport and has a TOP mounted balance tube just like Porsches center muffler. The only other company that offers a design like this is Akrapovic from Slovenia. There system is beautiful too in titanium and came out several years after the Fabspeed GT3 center muffler bypass. Akra typically has Audi, Porsche and other OEM engineers at their disposal and kudos to them. As Mr. Spock would say Captain "its fascinating". The Fabspeed GT3 center bypass allows OEM Porsche tips, Fabspeed carbon fiber exhaust tips and simple bolt-on 90 degree turndowns as well. Its very lightweight and saves weight off the back-end of all Gt3 cars.

State of the Art GT3 center muffler bypass pipe.

www.Fabspeed.com

P: 215-646-4945
F: 215-646-9828

Exotic Car Performance Experts
Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW, Audi and Jaguar.

31 year PCA Club member supporter
14 year Ferrari Club member
1st ever financial supporter of Porsche Fans/ Rennlist
Old 04-16-2020 | 02:56 AM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

Thank you but there will NEVER be any Fabspeed products on this car
The following 2 users liked this post by Richard.:
Alan C. (04-19-2020), odwa (04-16-2020)
Old 04-16-2020 | 01:58 PM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

Still looking then ....
Old 04-16-2020 | 02:03 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

I have a set of custom Titanium GT3/ RS exhaust tips. These were made in Germany and Have a beautiful Blued finish.They are light and look absolutely fantastic.
They were $800 new.
Pm me if interested
Elliot

Old 04-16-2020 | 02:28 PM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

Nice but I need a need a rear muffler delete X-pipe
Old 04-16-2020 | 03:14 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Nice but I need a need a rear muffler delete X-pipe
Of course you do.
I have a sharkwerks on mine......Sounds awesome. the Tips just finish off.
Elliot
Old 04-16-2020 | 04:09 PM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Have you looked into RSS? Mike Schalke at RSS has always provided great service and I've had their X-pipe on several of my GT3s. Has a raspy high pitch sound that I like.

https://roadsportsupply.com/1209-30-...c-coat-finish/
Old 04-17-2020 | 04:26 PM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

still looking for a good quality used RSS etc at a reasonable price
The following users liked this post:
Mvn1971 (06-09-2020)
Old 04-18-2020 | 03:39 PM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

I am senior instructor @ NJ Motorsports Park with MOEHPD and we have quite a few Porsche guys running FABSPEED products on their cars with great results.
Personally have owned 991 GT3 and RS with FABSPEED products from muffler deletes to full race headers.
Full race headers definitely fattened up the midrange and helped the drive coming out out of the slow to mid range speed turns.

I've had my long tube headers on my GT3 RS now for 2 years and have not had any issues other than making are there GT3 RS owners jealous
Old 04-18-2020 | 04:34 PM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

thanks but over the last 20 years I have had more than sufficient Fabspeed junk on my Porsches and Ferraris, not withstanding the whole made in the USA imported from Taiwan scandal
The following 2 users liked this post by Richard.:
Alan C. (04-22-2020), odwa (04-26-2020)
Old 04-18-2020 | 04:57 PM
Dougr743
Pro

thanks but over the last 20 years I have had more than sufficient Fabspeed junk on my Porsches and Ferraris, not withstanding the whole made in the USA imported from Taiwan scandal
I dont think anyone is asking you to get fabspeed, or any other, I would just disagree, as I have a full race, long tube, header system and side deletes, with valves, 10k on my car, and absolutly love the exhaust, quality and have had fantastic support from fabspeed. I dont know where anyones stainless comes from, but I do know most exhausts are not manufactored and assembled in USA, Fabspeed and Dundon both do and are, in my opinion, the 2 top companies, to choose from, in this category. As for center mufflers, i dont think it matters what one you buy, its what sound you like.
The following users liked this post:
Fabspeed Motorsport (05-04-2020)

Quick Reply: 991.1 GT3/RS Center X tail pipe