991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this GT3 a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2020 | 08:38 AM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Your best bet is to hold off for another 30-60-90 days for some great deals. In my opinion the market for any type of car like this will be as soft as a fresh marshmallow. More cars will come to market as some get desperate for cash. I know it's unfortunate but it's reality. Buyers will be scarce as most won't be spending any money unnecessarily right now.
The following 2 users liked this post by RoyalPink:
9Driver (03-28-2020), Perimeter (03-28-2020)
Old 03-28-2020 | 11:30 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

I think everyone holding for good deals in the US are crazy. The next 30-60 days might be the best driving you ever experience (little to no traffic). Plus it is spring time. Lose half your driving season waiting for a good deal? Life is short. Buy a car.
The following users liked this post:
9Driver (03-28-2020)
Old 03-28-2020 | 11:59 AM
9Driver
7th Gear

Fair enough. I might get destroyed with this next comment, but the GT3 RS is not a particularly special or rare car. They made a ton of these things and with a new GT3 around the corner, this crazy virus and the unknowns in the economy, I think holding out for one at a great price might be a wise move in the long run. The comments regarding the BAT sales are spot on and I believe the values keep decreasing significantly. I’m ready to pull the trigger if I find a car with all my must-have options, but am prepared to wait for a good deal if it’s a compromise.
The following 2 users liked this post by 9Driver:
nochain19 (03-28-2020), Perimeter (03-28-2020)
Old 03-28-2020 | 01:03 PM
RDM2418
Rennlist Member

I just sold my 991.2 GT3 - PTS mexico blue - to a Ford dealer here in Houston - who is driving it as a personal car. It was my daily driver until I had an accident in Houston - side, front collision (air bags deployed). Fixed at authorized Porsche repair shop with Porsche parts. It had like 1500 miles and is awesome if you are considering a car with a car fax issue. If you PM me, i'm happy to give you his info. I think his plan was to drive it for a bit and then sell. It had the front axle lift, bucket seats, manual transmission, black wheels, steel brakes.
Old 03-28-2020 | 02:31 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

9Driver...Sounds like you're being prudent in asking questions and careful as you decide.

IMHO... For me, unless money was no object, I wouldn't buy a RS or GT3 if you don't feel a special connection with it. For me, how many were produced has nothing to do with the experience it delivers. Agree these cars are not rare, but limited by most comparable metrics when you factor how many are shipped to the US. Outside of Cars & Coffee and the track, and maybe parts of CA, these aren't rolling around like a Prius.

It's normal to want the best deal. I would see if you can convince a dealer to let you have one for an afternoon. If you don't feel a special connection walk away and save $$$.

Cheers!

The following users liked this post:
Perimeter (03-28-2020)
Old 03-28-2020 | 02:55 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 9Driver
Fair enough. I might get destroyed with this next comment, but the GT3 RS is not a particularly special or rare car. They made a ton of these things and with a new GT3 around the corner, this crazy virus and the unknowns in the economy, I think holding out for one at a great price might be a wise move in the long run. The comments regarding the BAT sales are spot on and I believe the values keep decreasing significantly. I’m ready to pull the trigger if I find a car with all my must-have options, but am prepared to wait for a good deal if it’s a compromise.
Great point
Follow the GT4 depreciation rate from 3 years ago and that should be a good indicator of how the GT3/RS decays in price,
Porsche has given up exclusivity for volume sales. Financially I fully understand why they had to do that, DieselGate was crushing, but these are no longer limited production like some in the past.
I also think that these are so good that with their lower, used car prices, that Porsche will have a hard time raising prices on future models as these will compete with the new models

I purely speculate that this summer will be the worst car sales in a long time and in the Autumn, say October, the GT car sales will have some owners hard pressed to sell
Old 03-28-2020 | 03:01 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Originally Posted by 9Driver
What do you all think would be a good price for this RS?

http://www.exoticcarsofhouston.com/D...che-911-gt3-rs
$150k at most.
The purple with lava orange interior just looks wrong. It will take a special (?color blind?) buyer to overlook that.
Old 03-28-2020 | 04:14 PM
basil2000
Advanced

There seem to be a few of these with low miles that have been between 155-160k and have been listed for months. This seems like a nice car but have to agree with dr bill. The lava orange interior is horrible. Try to get it for 145k and spend some money swapping out the orange accents and changing the stitching color.

Quick Reply: Is this GT3 a good deal?