Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 06:47 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts
Default The Passion Keeps Pushing During the COVID-19 Pandemic

As we as a society navigate through these trying times, battling the COVID-19 outbreak, we at GMG want to reassure all our customers that we are taking all necessary steps to follow the World Health Organization, CDC, and local authorities’ guidelines. Our priority is the safety of our customers, employees and partners. Each day we learn more and more about COVID-19 and its effects. These are unprecedented times. The challenge we are all facing in our local communities – and in the nation and world as a whole – are beyond anything we’ve experienced in decades.

GMG is closely monitoring current conditions and taking necessary steps to continue delivering top-notch service while keeping a high level of safety and cleanliness to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Packaging and shipping is constantly making sure that all appropriate health and hygiene standards are adhered to. We are taking steps to keep you and our staff safe during appointment drop off and pick up. Our hours of operation will continue to stay the same, Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm. We will continue to do our utmost to serve our customers and partners to the highest delivery standard possible, throughout this entire period.

Not only are we still keeping busy in our main Orange County headquarters, but we are also supporting our customers at The Thermal Club from our remote HQ. We are taking necessary steps to ensure the safety of staff and customers not only back in OC but also on the track. We will continue to offer our world-class support through these unsure times. From track-side support to remote installs of performance upgrades, we want to make sure that your track days and the attention that your car needs is uninterrupted.

So for now, be safe but have some fun behind the wheel of your ride. It’s the best kind of social distancing we can think of! What better than a helmet on your head to keep you safe! Just wash your hands!

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series

Last edited by gmgracing; 03-19-2020 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:21 AM
Gt4doc
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

While your company makes great products and you have great customer service that picture of your worker wearing an N95 mask is completely irresponsible. I’m a physician and working on the front lines. Our office just received an email as did the hospital we are associated with that we are already out of N95 masks. This is part of the reason we facing a PPE emergency shortage across the country because of non health care workers using them inappropriately. There’s no need for the general public to use an N95 -
Old 03-18-2020, 09:50 AM
cadster
Instructor

Received 299 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt4doc
While your company makes great products and you have great customer service that picture of your worker wearing an N95 mask is completely irresponsible. I’m a physician and working on the front lines. Our office just received an email as did the hospital we are associated with that we are already out of N95 masks. This is part of the reason we facing a PPE emergency shortage across the country because of non health care workers using them inappropriately. There’s no need for the general public to use an N95 -
I was at my detail shop yesterday checking on my 2005 Ford GT Xpel install and noticed that several of his team were wearing masks while working on anther car. I asked what was up with that, and he said that because of the specialized nature of their job, they have long since worn protective masks to prevent inhaling particles ranging from dust, metallic debris, chemicals, etc. Perhaps, that just might be the same situation here? Just wondering. I too was put off at first, but then it made perfect sense.
Old 03-18-2020, 01:41 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The masks were not purchased due to recent events. We will usually keep a handful in the back to prevent unnecessary inhalation of particles during foam packaging, metal cutting, etc.

Originally Posted by cadster
I was at my detail shop yesterday checking on my 2005 Ford GT Xpel install and noticed that several of his team were wearing masks while working on anther car. I asked what was up with that, and he said that because of the specialized nature of their job, they have long since worn protective masks to prevent inhaling particles ranging from dust, metallic debris, chemicals, etc. Perhaps, that just might be the same situation here? Just wondering. I too was put off at first, but then it made perfect sense.
That is precisely the situation. We will usually keep a handful in the back to prevent unnecessary inhalation of particles during foam packaging, metal cutting, etc.
The following users liked this post:
cadster (03-18-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 08:59 PM
Gt4doc
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by gmgracing
The masks were not purchased due to recent events. We will usually keep a handful in the back to prevent unnecessary inhalation of particles during foam packaging, metal cutting, etc.

That is precisely the situation. We will usually keep a handful in the back to prevent unnecessary inhalation of particles during foam packaging, metal cutting, etc.

i stand corrected- thanks for clarifying- that makes sense. Unfortunately there’s such A shortage I get a little touchy when I see non medical people using them.
The following 2 users liked this post by Gt4doc:
cadster (03-18-2020), gmgracing (03-18-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 09:05 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

yes, ALL hospital are on ration now. short of very close proximity procedures, central supply will not dispense N95...
The following 2 users liked this post by mooty:
cadster (03-18-2020), n3rd (03-20-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 10:56 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Great photos. Thanks for sharing.
gmgracing (03-19-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 11:00 PM
NSD991
Rennlist Member

Received 370 Likes on 112 Posts

This post struck me as distasteful. I’m a physician as well and promoting a car parts business in the face of a pandemic seems wrong. Hardly “the fight against covid-19.”
Old 03-18-2020, 11:12 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 882 Likes on 366 Posts

Thought the post was fine. Unfortunately alot of businesses and employees are going to be in financial ruins. I read this morning 250k restaurant workers in NYC have been laid off.
The following 3 users liked this post by richk:
cadster (03-19-2020), destaccado (03-19-2020), gmgracing (03-19-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 11:18 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

Please donate your masks to your local hospitals, they need them. It would be the well recieved Be safe!
The following 3 users liked this post by Dougr743:
D1ESEL (03-19-2020), gmgracing (03-19-2020), n3rd (03-20-2020)
Old 03-19-2020, 12:06 AM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by NSD991
This post struck me as distasteful. I’m a physician as well and promoting a car parts business in the face of a pandemic seems wrong. Hardly “the fight against covid-19.”
This isn't intended as pushing car parts so much as informing the community that the shop is open as of right now if you need anything. “The fight against covid-19.” is a title and should be seen as such.

Originally Posted by richk
Thought the post was fine. Unfortunately alot of businesses and employees are going to be in financial ruins. I read this morning 250k restaurant workers in NYC have been laid off.
Yes, while we understand the gravity of the situation, we're trying to hold on. Have to take it day by day.

Originally Posted by Dougr743
Please donate your masks to your local hospitals, they need them. It would be the well recieved Be safe!
More than happy to! We have only a handful, but we know anything helps!
Old 03-19-2020, 12:17 AM
horns
Pro

Received 197 Likes on 105 Posts

Doesn't take much to offend people. Hopefully business will return to normal soon. I don't think most have any intent to minimize those whose health is impacted, but many more lives are heavily impacted for non-health reasons. Some business aren't comig out the other side of this, and that is going to create hardship for huge numbers of people.
The following 4 users liked this post by horns:
cadster (03-19-2020), CRex (03-19-2020), drivenlife (03-19-2020), gmgracing (03-19-2020)
Old 03-19-2020, 12:23 AM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by horns
Doesn't take much to offend people. Hopefully business will return to normal soon. I don't think most have any intent to minimize those whose health is impacted, but many more lives are heavily impacted for non-health reasons. Some business aren't comig out the other side of this, and that is going to create hardship for huge numbers of people.
We're hoping for the best and staying optimistic.
cadster (03-19-2020)
Old 03-19-2020, 08:36 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 845 Likes on 574 Posts

are they supposed to cease being a business. As long as they are safe, social distancing etc., providing economic activity actually does help the broader community. Workers will have money to keep living.
The following 6 users liked this post by rodsky:
C4SDayton (04-13-2020), cadster (03-19-2020), DAVfoto (03-19-2020), destaccado (03-19-2020), gmgracing (03-19-2020), tgibrit (03-19-2020) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-19-2020, 09:31 AM
cadster
Instructor

Received 299 Likes on 108 Posts

Sorry, but post struck me as highly distasteful. First, I greatly respect and appreciate all the medical professionals who are quite literally putting their physical lives on the line daily, but they are not the only ones fighting against this dreaded pandemic. Business owners are fighting for their financial lives along with those of their employees. Personally, if I don’t make another dollar this year or next, I’ll be fine, but the same can’t be said for my nearly 700 employees. So they are heavy on my heart as my businesses “battle” this disease.
The following 7 users liked this post by cadster:
C4SDayton (04-13-2020), destaccado (03-19-2020), gmgracing (03-19-2020), ModernClassic (03-20-2020), rodsky (03-19-2020), sattman (03-19-2020), SupremePower (03-19-2020) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: The Passion Keeps Pushing During the COVID-19 Pandemic