Sponsored by:

About to trade in my 19 rs for an

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 10:34 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,742 Likes on 5,127 Posts

Not to be contrarian, but I love the Huracan Performante.

And, yes, I would trade an RS for a Performante in a heartbeat.

Of course, if for some reason you're a large human being and cannot fit into a Performante than the decision has already been made for you unfortunately.
The following 3 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
azzurri (02-22-2020), cadster (02-22-2020), Vintage72 (02-22-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 10:39 PM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Received 662 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by kart driver
Before trading in you GT3RS rent a Lambo for a full day and drive at least 200-300 miles. You might be very much disappointed with Lambo after gt3rs.

Lambo looks cool and sounds cool but the ergonomics, the quality of the car and the driving experience might disappoint you.

Same thing happened to me some time ago. I thought Huracan perfomante was a great car and I was seriously considering it before I had a proper drive.
Lambo Huracan

pros:
- engine (sound and power)
- feels and looks exotic
- very good feel of gear shifts

cons:
- poor build quality including interrior
- poor ergonomics
- extremely uncomfortable seats (in comparison to Porsche bucket seats where I can drive for 600-700 km easily)
- low roof (I am 6 feet tall - 183 cm and I had a feeling that my head is touching the roof
- extremely harsh ride

Aside from that reliability has never been a strong component for Italians. It will also depreciate more than Porsche GT without any doubt.

Is it fun to drive? It is a different experience from Porsche GT cars. But if I were to look at something more emotional and wild I would go for McLaren 600LT, which is very wild and emotional drive and is hands down a better choice that the Lambo.
I disagree with some points. Lambo service at dealers is another level compared to Porsche dealers. Lambo techs talk about how reliable the Huracan is and all they really do is service/maintenance. My 2019 580-2 has almost 7k miles and has been perfect - zero problems. Unlike my 2019 RS that was in the shop twice for almost an entire month with barely a 100 miles and needed a PDK replacement.
The following 2 users liked this post by RoyalPink:
azzurri (02-22-2020), cadster (02-22-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 11:04 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,875 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by n d
Another reason is depreciation, I know the guys on the forums hate money talk but the dealer is warning me about big-time loss of value in the coming months, plus dealers giving me 190 K right now! 💰
Old news. Price cuts have been coming fast and furious for over three months.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:10 PM
dewilmoth
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit

Of course, if for some reason you're a large human being and cannot fit into a Performante than the decision has already been made for you unfortunately.
Yeah, I guess my issue is you don't really have to be a large human to not fit. I'm 6' 1" and 200lbs, which I think is pretty average for an American male. I fit with lots of room to spare in Porsche buckets, and feel like my head is crammed against the headliner in a HP. I like the seats themselves, aside from being a little narrow, but it feels like I'm sitting on the car as opposed to in it. It's just annoying to me that they can't seem to figure out a good seat setup. That has to be costing them money.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:16 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,742 Likes on 5,127 Posts

Originally Posted by dewilmoth
Yeah, I guess my issue is you don't really have to be a large human to not fit. I'm 6' 1" and 200lbs, which I think is pretty average for an American male. I fit with lots of room to spare in Porsche buckets, and feel like my head is crammed against the headliner in a HP. I like the seats themselves, aside from being a little narrow, but it feels like I'm sitting on the car as opposed to in it. It's just annoying to me that they can't seem to figure out a good seat setup. That has to be costing them money.
I think that qualifies as "large" ... not in comparison to the average American male because most of America is overweight, but to most Europeans that's "large".
Old 02-21-2020, 11:26 PM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Received 662 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by dewilmoth
Huracan is 46 inches and RS is 51 inches respectively. A 5" difference is huge and you can only make the seats so low. I'm 6' 2" and 190 lbs. I still have almost 1.5 - 2 inches of headroom. I do dislike that I have to crane my neck to see a traffic light if I'm in the front. Was the same in my AMG GTR as well albeit not as bad. Let's face it there are sacrifices in all of these cars. No way I would fit or be comfortable in a Spyder. Coupe is a different story.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:53 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

My lambo is my least favorite car to drive yet my wife’s favorite. Take from that what you will
Old 02-22-2020, 03:20 AM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 403 Posts

If you're not 100%, then I wouldn't make the change. My experience with two Lambo's - Gallardo 2013 LP550-2 and Huracan 2015 LP 610-4 is this.

Pros:
It's a Lamborghini... you certainly don't buy this car expecting you will simply blend in. (It is iconic in this way as IMHO they have nailed making certain folks don't confuse what it is.)
The sound was awesome in both.
Mechanically, I was very impressed, as I never had an issue with either car.
They don't just look the business but also perform well in the category.

Cons:
Attention, I hesitate to put as a con because it comes with the territory; however, it might be too much for some.
Parking, I never felt comfortable leaving the car out of my sight.
Service, there are fewer dealers.
Space, it is tight inside the cabin and I did not like that you cannot see the stoplights when you are the first vehicle in line.

Like some said, it's not like you can't simply get another RS after you experience the Lambo. Maybe it does it for you. You won't know until you live with it.

FWIW...I have never driven another car that I like better than the RS. It is the complete package in every regard.

Good luck!

Old 02-22-2020, 08:25 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Lambo Huracan

pros:
- engine (sound and power)
- feels and looks exotic
- very good feel of gear shifts

cons:
- poor build quality including interrior
- poor ergonomics
- extremely uncomfortable seats (in comparison to Porsche bucket seats where I can drive for 600-700 km easily)
- low roof (I am 6 feet tall - 183 cm and I had a feeling that my head is touching the roof
- extremely harsh ride

Aside from that reliability has never been a strong component for Italians. It will also depreciate more than Porsche GT without any doubt.

Is it fun to drive? It is a different experience from Porsche GT cars. But if I were to look at something more emotional and wild I would go for McLaren 600LT, which is very wild and emotional drive and is hands down a better choice that the Lambo.
Love Macs except with few exceptions they depreciate faster than a brick tied to an anchor and reliability/ durability is..a coin toss.

I have a friend that has a Perf Spyder he bought last June. I drove it. Goes like stink and nothing sounds better. Seats are made of stone. Ergos are strange. Visibility is poor imho. Beautiful car though.

He’s selling it.

He has others that are staying such as his AMG GT gull wing, Turbo Exclusive, Shelby Super Snake and ‘67 Mustang resto mod.

Most cars depreciate. Don’t know much about the new Lambos depreciation but Perfs seem to be holding strong comparably. Porsche GT cars will depreciate but not terrible. They say they built a lot of GT cars. Not really as to .2 GT3RS as to US. Only 1400 cars in US. Not very many by my view.

Last edited by Waxer; 02-22-2020 at 08:41 AM.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:47 AM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If it's on your bucket list, do it.

My goal is to own as many of my dream cars as I can before I croak. I have had Vettes, Ferraris, Lambo, Porsches. I am back in an RS now. I have missed some of my previous cars, but not once have I regretted selling one so that I could purchase another one of my dream cars.

Life is short. Do it.
The following 2 users liked this post by PbPedis:
cadster (02-23-2020), Perimeter (02-24-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 12:44 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by PbPedis
If it's on your bucket list, do it.

My goal is to own as many of my dream cars as I can before I croak. I have had Vettes, Ferraris, Lambo, Porsches. I am back in an RS now. I have missed some of my previous cars, but not once have I regretted selling one so that I could purchase another one of my dream cars.

Life is short. Do it.
Can't say this is a bad way to approach it if you have the funds.
Old 02-22-2020, 01:12 PM
Redlinerobert
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 119 Posts

Many moons ago I sold my 911 for a new Murcielago. It wasn't better or worse, just different. I will say that I doubt I'd ever buy another Lamborghini. I'm old and married now and they are just way too ostentatious for me.
Old 02-22-2020, 03:21 PM
azzurri
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by n d
Another reason is depreciation, I know the guys on the forums hate money talk but the dealer is warning me about big-time loss of value in the coming months, plus dealers giving me 190 K right now! 💰
I don't think there is one bit of issue with longevity with the build quality on the HP. It is fairly bullet proof and is not old school Italian build issues/electronics etc.
The carbon seats are by most people's assessments uncomfortable but look good. The comfort seats are perfect and as intended comfortable, just not side-bolstered like the others.
I am 6'2" and fit fine in an HP and have about 2 inches clearance above my head. And this is with the comfort seats, not the buckets. I always wonder how people are setting up the seats when someone in the high 5' range is not fitting. The view is limited, but that is the windscreen view no matter what on the design.
I can't speak to the general build quality on all Huracan models, but I do not see any build quality issues on the HP. Certainly nothing like another brand with glass cracking and panels not fitting correctly. Unless someone wants leather everywhere instead of the alcantara that is appointed typically in the vehicle. I also think the ride settings are fairly good and variable when switching modes. It can be tight and more harsh but that is not a word I would use to describe it unless I was comparing it to being in a boat.

Last edited by azzurri; 02-22-2020 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:48 PM
cadster
Instructor

Received 304 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit

I could not agree more. I love my Performante too. I’ve had it since it was new, acquiring it in Dec 2017. I disagree with previous comments relating to build quality and fit/finish. I have found my Performante to be completely trouble free. As far driving characteristics, everyone has different tastes and priorities. My only real criticism is the attention the car garners. It’s an event car and impossible to stay low profile. That is a key differentiator from a GT series Porsche.

Regarding interior dimensions, while it’s true that the car is tight fitting, I find a way to make it work and my dimensions are larger than most (6’6” and 260lbs). Not wanting to drive cross-country, but for my application, largely 50 mile sprints on lonely country roads, it’s more than workable.

Lastly, I very nearly added a .2 GT3 RS to my car mix, and still might. I love that car, and it’s more powerful big brother too, but to me the Performante is more closely in line with my interests.
The following users liked this post:
azzurri (02-22-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 08:37 PM
azzurri
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by cadster
I could not agree more. I love my Performante too. I’ve had it since it was new, acquiring it in Dec 2017. I disagree with previous comments relating to build quality and fit/finish. I have found my Performante to be completely trouble free. As far driving characteristics, everyone has different tastes and priorities. My only real criticism is the attention the car garners. It’s an event car and impossible to stay low profile. That is a key differentiator from a GT series Porsche.

Regarding interior dimensions, while it’s true that the car is tight fitting, I find a way to make it work and my dimensions are larger than most (6’6” and 260lbs). Not wanting to drive cross-country, but for my application, largely 50 mile sprints on lonely country roads, it’s more than workable.

Lastly, I very nearly added a .2 GT3 RS to my car mix, and still might. I love that car, and it’s more powerful big brother too, but to me the Performante is more closely in line with my interests.
Agreed on all points. I think it feels tight mostly on account of the visibility. I was sitting in it today and think it isn't that compressed internally really but the visual optics in the cockpit give that impression for sure since it is a narrowed vertical range.
Regarding the attention, the car is totally differentiated from the GT series models, however I would say that I have found almost universal excitement and joy when running across attention out there versus hate. Including from the most unexpected genres out there, including pickup drivers on the road etc. I find most people give an amazed kid-like response which I don't personally need anyone to do of course and definitely am not the sort looking to find that, but it is oddly rewarding to see people excited about it. It's not the only car where that occurs, but is an odd connection that is provided from afar without knowing the individuals. For some reason I find that to be meaningful in a unique way. It happens nearly every time I am out from cars passing the opposite direction seeing the looks and finger points from people of all ages, on the sidewalk etc.
Nothing wrong the the GT3 or RS. Great vehicles and love the package too, including the sound. I love the noise the HP makes though. It is just another experience when ripping along, especially when you start getting into the overrun and rev-limiter range when flat out shifting.
The following users liked this post:
cadster (02-22-2020)

Quick Reply: About to trade in my 19 rs for an