Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 991.2 GT3 owner with a few questions..

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 12:04 AM
prl
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts

I have a bigger gap on my pass side vs drivers side from the bumper to the side marker. Drive me crazy.... don’t know how to fix that, I have noticed the fit and finish on other gt3’s isn’t as good as the standard porsche models.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:02 AM
kahane18
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Remove the side mufflers and keep the center bypass and it will sound absolutely Evil....much louder than the GT4. Yes it will drone but who cares..hahaha

Oh and my former GT4 had the same issues with the lights...so dont look at it if it bothers you, you cant see them anyway from behind the wheel.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:59 AM
Davin
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the input guys, the rattle from the middle console seems to be gone however i am having this crackling noise by the driver side door only around the window. I unplugged the valve and now its decently loud. there is time when i wished it was louder but not sure if the side muffler bypass would make it annoyingly loud.
Old 02-08-2020, 01:58 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

The Akra is a beautiful piece but as far as center deletes, your just trading one bread box for another. Before you lose the side mufflers, go pick up a Sharkwerks or another similar and hold onto the Akra breadbox before you get rid of it.

Believe it or not, it only requires 2 size torqs and you can remove your taillights and rear bumper all by yourself and it's easy. If you can change your own oil, you can pull the bumper. Once you do it, it becomes easier and the win is that your can see how the bumper fits back on and you can adjust it exactly the way you want. Trust me, it's easy. You also can swap your stock engine air filters with aftermarkets and see your entire exhaust.
Old 02-08-2020, 02:40 AM
dewilmoth
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 83 Posts

The taillights are easily adjustable. The threaded inserts in the lights have have reverse threads, and they are designed to screw in and out to change the top/bottom adjustment. It should be fairly obvious once you pull the lights.

Quick Reply: New 991.2 GT3 owner with a few questions..