991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wru's GT3Touring - PPF/Audio/Radar-Laser/Ceramic tint and coating

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2020 | 02:54 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Hi Moe. Will your excellent work and attention to detail you must have ample opportunities to work on Ferraris as well. Are you able to make any generalizations about paint quality, and attention to detail with Porsches as compared with Ferraris? Are the newer F cars better than their predecessors which were notorious for poor paint quality, crazy wiring etc.

Old 01-14-2020 | 08:16 AM
LexVan
Banned

Amazing, Moe. Thank you for sharing.
The following users liked this post:
MoeMistry (01-15-2020)
Old 01-14-2020 | 08:33 AM
Rxpert
Rennlist Member

Wow, what amazing & beautiful work! Thanks for posting!
MoeMistry (01-15-2020)
Old 01-14-2020 | 09:30 AM
ubtrippin
Racer

Job well done gents. That's the way its supposed to be done.
MoeMistry (01-15-2020)
Old 01-14-2020 | 10:41 AM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

Could you share more info about the audio setup? Is it a plug and play kit for Bose systems?
Old 01-14-2020 | 12:11 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Excellent work from quality installer. My only nit is the cut out around the Porsche badge. It just doesn't look right - see Sport Classic for comparison.

The badge sits on an indent in the hood of the Touring (unlike the Sport Classic), so a closer edge is needed. Otherwise, I would punt on these stripes altogether. Considering it for my Touring, but I'm still sleeping on it.

MoeMistry (01-14-2020)
Old 01-14-2020 | 12:16 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by LargePuppy
Could you share more info about the audio setup? Is it a plug and play kit for Bose systems?
Short answer, yes, totally plug and play.

there are 3 core stages of upgrade and a 4th one which includes the subwoofer as you’ve seen here.

Stage 1 - tweeter upgrade - it’s the quickest and most dramatic difference considering the reasonable cost and labor involved.

This swaps out the factory tweeter that has a very harsh and tinny sound, which when listening for a few minutes, becomes somewhat uncomfortable to listen to depending on volume and music type.

what replaces this tweeter is a soft-dome tweeter that has a special coating which extends high frequency response and has no distortion.

this is partly achieved by having a diameter that is 60% larger than most OEM tweeters.

the sound is warm, smooth, and crisp. Something that’s missing in current three offerings from Porsche when compared to the Musicar sound system

Stage 2 - tweeter, amplifier, and processor upgrade. The amplifier is an 8-channel amp made in Italy by Mosconi. When it comes to sound quality in small footprint, this class AB amp with built-in DSP, is like having several pieces of equipment, except it’s all encompassed in one chassis.

by having the dsp built in, we can now tune the system via software making the sound more accurate and consistent within all 991 generation.

the processor that speaks to the pcm and Mosconi amp is simply state-of-the-art producing a flat output and bypassing all factory equalization and time alignment. The result is a proper signal for the DSP to reproduce accurate sound.

Stage 3 - now we add a better midrange and driver combo to the mix with all the goodies from stage 2. Replacing the factory 8” driver to the larger 9” driver simply gives us better low end frequencies that can have much better impact at higher volumes.

unfortunately, when you turn the Bose or Bermester system up past 40-50% volume, the music simply gets muddy and distorted. To help with that problem, turning the bass down helps, but it comes at a cost of impact and energy. In a nutshell, there’s limits and that simply gets in the way of enjoying your favorite artist as he/she intended.

Stage 3 can be tuned up to almost 95% volume without any distortion...truly amazing and accurate sound

Stage 3+ - dedicated subwoofer means we can let the driver relax a bit as it no longer needs to reproduce lower frequencies like it was stand alone. The custom hand-crafted subwoofer enclosure is methodically assembles snd hundreds of hours have been put into R&D to develop a footprint and sound quality that mimics an OEM footprint, but puts out the sound that can match the beautiful engine sound of any 991.

our audiophile clients love the sound their engine makes, but they sometimes want to listen to their favorite music carving the canyons. Unfortunately, factory system is no match for that masterpiece behind the driver.

by adding a dedicated subwoofer, you’ll be enjoying rich, deep, and even more accurate sound the way it was meant to be heard.

hope this answers your question
The following 2 users liked this post by MoeMistry:
Porsche911GTS'16 (01-15-2020), zmon (04-02-2020)
Old 01-14-2020 | 12:20 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Group buy anyone?

There seems to be a huge response via email and PM regarding the audio portion of this project.

if you guys are interested, we can explore a group buy so we can get more of these systems out there and get you guys to share the experience with those around you.

as an audiophile and music lover myself, I’ve spent hours listening to all my favorite artists and each time, I notice something new that I simply didn’t know was there when listening in the car.

let me know and we’ll make it happen.

stage 1 is simple enough, almost anyone can do it.

stage 2-3 requires a little bit of courage, but if you’re handy, doable

those that are local to us, no-brainer...let us do the install and you enjoy the final product
Old 01-14-2020 | 02:22 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WernerE
Excellent work from quality installer. My only nit is the cut out around the Porsche badge. It just doesn't look right - see Sport Classic for comparison.

The badge sits on an indent in the hood of the Touring (unlike the Sport Classic), so a closer edge is needed. Otherwise, I would punt on these stripes altogether. Considering it for my Touring, but I'm still sleeping on it.

You can see the OEM rubber pad in the first.
MoeMistry (01-14-2020)
Old 01-14-2020 | 02:27 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by WernerE

i believe one photo is a 997 hood and the other is 991...997 crests were on top of hood and 991 sit inside a beveled area.

hope that clarifies 🤙
Old 01-14-2020 | 02:28 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Perimeter
You can see the OEM rubber pad in the first.
good eye 👁
Old 01-14-2020 | 02:31 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
unfortunately, when you turn the Bose or Bermester system up past 40-50% volume, the music simply gets muddy and distorted.
Not in my experience.
Old 01-14-2020 | 02:34 PM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

I'd be interested!

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
There seems to be a huge response via email and PM regarding the audio portion of this project.

if you guys are interested, we can explore a group buy so we can get more of these systems out there and get you guys to share the experience with those around you.

as an audiophile and music lover myself, I’ve spent hours listening to all my favorite artists and each time, I notice something new that I simply didn’t know was there when listening in the car.

let me know and we’ll make it happen.

stage 1 is simple enough, almost anyone can do it.

stage 2-3 requires a little bit of courage, but if you’re handy, doable

those that are local to us, no-brainer...let us do the install and you enjoy the final product
Old 01-14-2020 | 03:02 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Interested in stage 3
MoeMistry (01-15-2020)
Old 01-16-2020 | 12:10 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rxpert
Wow, what amazing & beautiful work! Thanks for posting!
Originally Posted by ubtrippin
Job well done gents. That's the way its supposed to be done.
Thanks for support and checking out thread

Quick Reply: wru's GT3Touring - PPF/Audio/Radar-Laser/Ceramic tint and coating