Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 12:55 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 939 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
oh dang the opf delete is a header product?!?!

Stock OPF headers, complete unit. Our OPF delete race headers delete the OPF and replace the restrictive factory cat with a high flow 200cel HJS race cat

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
The following 2 users liked this post by JCR-Porsche:
maroli (02-04-2020), Rennolazine (02-04-2020)
Old 02-04-2020, 01:32 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 765 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche

Stock OPF headers, complete unit. Our OPF delete race headers delete the OPF and replace the restrictive factory cat with a high flow 200cel HJS race cat

JC
Nice. Please dyno the car when u knock the stuffing out of the exhaust. Lol. If it makes power (or even if it doesnt lose power) these should sell like hot cakes.
Old 02-04-2020, 04:24 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Nice. Please dyno the car when u knock the stuffing out of the exhaust. Lol. If it makes power (or even if it doesnt lose power) these should sell like hot cakes.
Would have to think it makes power because they had to go to ITBs to keep the hp ~500. Seems like an offset, but would be curious to see how much power exactly. Porsche has a pleasant habit of understating power.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:54 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 369 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Hamzarm
Hi guys, I’m looking to explore options to install a after market exhaust on my Speedster but currently I’m not too sure due to the new ITBs and particulate filters. Previously I never had to tune the ECU When installing headers and exhaust on any GT3/GT3RS, has anyone had any experience with this ?

We’re a little late to the party, but no worries we’ll make up for lost time. Have this willing lab rat here with us for a few weeks. Working on both a complete system with our Touring Power Package Street Headers/Loud Muffler and 93mm Throttle body and a solution that utilizes a version of our Street Headers and the factory center muffler.

Old 02-05-2020, 11:40 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 939 Likes on 431 Posts

Absolutely..

Importantly, all of our OPF GT3 RS & Speedster exhaust options are 100% direct replacement and modular in their design. No need to purchase X Y Z parts. Importantly also a lot of our customers are EU based and the thought of removing the OPF isn't attractive / illegal in some cases.

The stock rear silencer assembly is heavy and restrictive so that was the logical first step to tackle.. Just check this out for a brick wall

Big gains to be had with a properly optimised direct replacement rear silencer, most of which comes from the way in which the gasses are controlled from the OPF matrix into the main rear silencer assembly.

Quite a large investment in getting this right and building the necessary tooling to produce the bend required for optimised flow. Many others will simply build a straight cone reducer which is massively inferior. In fact that design proved worse than stock during CFD analysis.

JCR Titanium Non Silenced Race Pipe

JCR Titanium Silenced Race Pipe

And after all that if you just want to keep the stock rear silencer and remove the nasty restrictive tips that Porsche delivered, we have you covered there too

Manifolds will be coming soon, we have been testing for a good while now with both our rear silencer plus the factory rear silencer. Gains are significant.

JC
Old 02-05-2020, 08:38 PM
RS911
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 60 Posts

I’m always hesitant to change the headers on a car, as I never know how it will effect the engine.

But I’m curious, why did Porsche not just omit the OPF on the non European vehicles the way JCR has done. JCR’s solution seems to be a elegant yet simple one. Am I missing something?

Quick Reply: Exhaust options for GT3/Speedster with ITBS and particulate filters