Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a new home

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2019, 02:43 PM
Prototyp1
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 29 Posts

The sad thing is PCNA doesn't support good dealership. Size matters these days. Dealers need to make extra money to feed PCNA. Dealers get penalized for not upgrading the hardwares, including buildings etc. I've been dealing with an old-school good sales person at a very small dealership. They don't get enough GT cars, sometimes not even one from PCNA. It's a dirty circle after all.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:02 PM
rxtrom
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I assume RLNTL3S is talking about Porsche of the Main Line. They are top notch. I second them. Sloan/Porsche Warrington is in the same market as well. Smaller dealer though.

In the NY area I would recommend Fairfield Porsche, they seem to be under new management and in the Penske family now.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:55 PM
RobbieRob
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 51 Posts

+2 for Sloan(Warrington, Pa.), Joel and Mark are great people and will go well above and beyond to make sure you are happy with any future purchase.
Old 12-27-2019, 04:09 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Hennessy is a proven good guy dealer.
Porsche Fresno seems like a solid backup for me. Out of the way but CJ owns it..
The following 2 users liked this post by TRAKCAR:
bogey1 (12-27-2019), Perimeter (12-27-2019)
Old 12-27-2019, 04:15 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Funny but several of these "good guy" dealerships were certainly not good guy transparent and honest with me and I am not alone. Hard to get good consistent honorable dealings with so many places nowadays

I'll send you a pm. Good luck in your search

Ymmv
The following users liked this post:
Perimeter (12-27-2019)
Old 12-27-2019, 04:20 PM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Received 662 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by tasman
Funny but several of these "good guy" dealerships were certainly not good guy transparent and honest with me and I am not alone. Hard to get good consistent honorable dealings with so many places nowadays

Wish I could help ya. Good luck in your search

Ymmv
Agreed. Just because one does. Doesn't mean the other will. I look for long term employment of managers and salespeople as a key factor. Versus the revolving door of which some dealerships are.
Old 12-27-2019, 04:20 PM
RLNTL3S
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by rxtrom
I assume RLNTL3S is talking about Porsche of the Main Line. They are top notch. I second them. Sloan/Porsche Warrington is in the same market as well. Smaller dealer though.

In the NY area I would recommend Fairfield Porsche, they seem to be under new management and in the Penske family now.
Negative... Main Line charges ADMS. They are in an extremely nice area, so they get away with their prices. I bought a few cars from them in the past, and they hate to negotiate.

Their service on the other hand is very good. Highly recommend that!
Old 12-27-2019, 04:32 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,502 Likes on 962 Posts

There's really only one I've had an issue with, and got low-balled on a trade-in. Won't mention it here. The ones I DO like in my experience are:

Porsche of DTLA
Porsche of Annapolis
Napleton Westmont Porsche
Old 12-27-2019, 04:37 PM
A418t81
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 107 Posts

I recently had an A+ experience with Park Place in Dallas. Complete transaction over the phone and the car was in perfect condition with zero surprises. They also were quite proactive on a couple of minor things I asked about. Normally I would have to repeat my requests about those things several times, not necessary here.

Nearly every dealership will have good and bad stories though. Nobody nor any entity is perfect, especially when dealing with the public and their range of psychiatric issues
The following 2 users liked this post by A418t81:
Perimeter (12-27-2019), raclaims (12-27-2019)
Old 12-27-2019, 05:09 PM
Sunny_M3
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I actually like the way you are going about this. No reason to air dirty laundry but why not advise to what Dealer one may need to proceed with caution.

Good luck in your search and I am sure you will find a Dealer who will reward you for your multiple yearly purchases.
Same here! Good luck with your search. If you are looking for a dealership outside of NY, Porsche Marin here in the SF Bay Area treated me right. Talk to Andrew Proaps; he is great!
Old 12-27-2019, 05:34 PM
wmond
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

sent you a pm. Good luck.

The one time I was in Manhattan Motorcars, admiring the collection (and they were certainly pleasant about it), that Long Island divorce lawyer from Team Salmone and his "concubine" walked in (wrapped Lambo out front in reflective silver) and made a scene; basically told me all I needed to know about not buying a car there.
Old 12-27-2019, 05:46 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 273 Posts

OP good for you to take your $ elsewhere, looks like even VIPs are not immune to the BS experience that sadly has become the norm and not the exception for many Porsche dealerships

I've had great experiences with Porsche Fresno and Porsche Marin here in CA for what it's worth after many other **** poor experiences. Porsche Marin notably just changed ownership to fall under a bigger brand/umbrella though FWIW

I haven't put all my "eggs" in one basket being blindly loyal to any dealership for similar reasons that things can always change, just going to hunt for the car I want and see who wants to deal

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I actually like the way you are going about this. No reason to air dirty laundry but why not advise to what Dealer one may need to proceed with caution.

Good luck in your search and I am sure you will find a Dealer who will reward you for your multiple yearly purchases.
x2

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
Unfortunately this story can be repeated over and over again about many Porsche dealers and It’s a shame there are so many horror stories about dealers from this brand.

i don’t know what it is or why....
par for the course for now..
Old 12-27-2019, 05:49 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 111 Posts

May not matter to some, but Hennessey here in Atlanta (mentioned by a few above) donated a Speedster (car plus any ADM they may have earned) to Cystic Fibrosis this year as part of our Smokies GT event.... Strong family that owns/runs this dealership. I have no affiliation and have not bought a new car from them but know many that have and I have not heard any bad stories etc. They earned my new business when they donated the Speedster...
Old 12-27-2019, 05:56 PM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by RLNTL3S
Negative... Main Line charges ADMS. They are in an extremely nice area, so they get away with their prices. I bought a few cars from them in the past, and they hate to negotiate.

Their service on the other hand is very good. Highly recommend that!
re ADMs, that was my experience with Main Line as well. Bought my first GT3 from Ray Catena at MSRP but they also played ADM games on the RS.
Old 12-27-2019, 06:11 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by A418t81
I recently had an A+ experience with Park Place in Dallas. Complete transaction over the phone and the car was in perfect condition with zero surprises. They also were quite proactive on a couple of minor things I asked about. Normally I would have to repeat my requests about those things several times, not necessary here.

Nearly every dealership will have good and bad stories though. Nobody nor any entity is perfect, especially when dealing with the public and their range of psychiatric issues
Place Place Dallas has been good. They are being bought out by a large company now. Well see how it goes...
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...o-dealerships/

Quick Reply: Looking for a new home