Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: -searching for new G63

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 03:49 PM
Johnny Five
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 195 Posts

Nobody likes to be gouged but I don’t understand this “I really want this car but I refuse to pay ADM” mentality. So you’re not getting one then.

I called several local dealers and they said “yeah we can get you one in a year and a half”. I needed one now for a wedding / baby present so I paid the ADM. Simple. I’m not going to buy 4 other cars that I don’t want to establish a “relationship” with the dealer and hope I get my dream car in several years at sticker. That costs a lot more but people do it. The price is what the market will bare - ask Leonard Smalls.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:50 PM
prl
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason Zhang
I'd rather take a Bentley Bentayga though
the Mercedes dealer Mbo has a 17’ at 139k first edition sticker was close to 300k.... talk about depreciation.
Old 11-21-2019, 04:01 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Five
Nobody likes to be gouged but I don’t understand this “I really want this car but I refuse to pay ADM” mentality. So you’re not getting one then.

I called several local dealers and they said “yeah we can get you one in a year and a half”. I needed one now for a wedding / baby present so I paid the ADM. Simple. I’m not going to buy 4 other cars that I don’t want to establish a “relationship” with the dealer and hope I get my dream car in several years at sticker. That costs a lot more but people do it. The price is what the market will bare - ask Leonard Smalls.
very fair, for me personally the new G63 just wasn't an SUV that was worth an ADM as I realized I'd rather put the money towards my sports cars. Especially for 50k ask on a 160k car. Different strokes for different folks, as you said, consequently I'm not getting one and that's ok with me... It is definitely one cool SUV, probably the best looking one on the market IMO with the design and history to back it

& I paid ADM for my GT3, and was worth every penny per your rationale. If you have the means!
Old 11-21-2019, 05:15 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,690 Likes on 2,338 Posts

NO BS attitude
there's a problem
find a solution
usually involving money
Old 11-21-2019, 05:54 PM
SB27
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
NO BS attitude
there's a problem
find a solution
usually involving money
GREAT advice! Made me laugh out loud. Thanks, Mooty. Reminds me of a friend at a party last week that commented on wanting to lose weight. Another friend in our group looked at him and said "Close the Hole and Move".

I bought a G55 6 months ago for the wife (essentially a bribe for buying two 911's in 2018).
Comments:

+ Engine is plenty powerful.
+ Sounds good and can be improved with aftermarket.
+ Do NOT understand paying up for a G63 but know some folks just want "the max" in each car series.
+ Paid MSRP -- not one cent over.
+ Interior (especially designo) is awesome
+ Incredibly spacious...much more rear seating space. MB listened to their customers before this new gen G.
+ New electronic steering and better suspension than prior car -- makes it much more drivable (especially for wife)
+ Electronic / digital dash is awesome
+ Burmeister sound system is really good for OEM
+ Only dislikes: HVAC is complicated. Cannot really take it to a car wash (need to hand wash it mostly). steering wheel stalk transmission selector (meh -- wife occasionally knocks it into neutral while driving with winter gloves on).
+ Other than these things -- great car. Not worth a huge ADM but nice car at MSRP.
+ Again, one guys opinion, not enough difference b/w the G55 and G63 to pay the higher freight for the G63.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:55 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 102 Posts

How soon do you want it? I have my second one that I ordered coming in July. Was going to be for my daughter. But she may take my wife’s 2019 and my wife will get the new black badge Rolls Royce Cullinan.

they drive much better than the previous. I have had everyone since 1998.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:56 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SB27
GREAT advice! Made me laugh out loud. Thanks, Mooty. Reminds me of a friend at a party last week that commented on wanting to lose weight. Another friend in our group looked at him and said "Close the Hole and Move".

I bought a G55 6 months ago for the wife (essentially a bribe for buying two 911's in 2018).
Comments:

+ Do NOT understand paying up for a G63 but know some folks just want "the max" in each car series.
+ Incredibly spacious...much more rear seating space. MB listened to their customers before this new gen G.
+ New electronic steering and better suspension than prior car -- makes it much more drivable (especially for wife)
+ Only dislikes: HVAC is complicated. Cannot really take it to a car wash (need to hand wash it mostly). steering wheel stalk transmission selector (meh -- wife occasionally knocks it into neutral while driving with winter gloves on).
+ Other than these things -- great car. Not worth a huge ADM but nice car at MSRP.
+ Again, one guys opinion, not enough difference b/w the G55 and G63 to pay the higher freight for the G63.
Huge difference from G55. G63 is much better. The G55 was ok, I’ve had a few. The G65 was a waste.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:59 PM
Johnny Five
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 195 Posts

I’m giving mine to my cat and letting my neighbor drive my Aston Martin Valkyrie since his bike got stolen.

Originally Posted by fastmd
How soon do you want it? I have my second one that I ordered coming in July. Was going to be for my daughter. But she may take my wife’s 2019 and my wife will get the new black badge Rolls Royce Cullinan.

they drive much better than the previous. I have had everyone since 1998.
The following users liked this post:
gator99sky (11-23-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 07:11 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

I’m giving mine to my cat and letting my neighbor drive my Aston Martin Valkyrie since his bike got stolen.
hate your self....
Old 11-21-2019, 07:55 PM
amgmuch
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 11-21-2019, 08:17 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

^ ^^That is so freakin funny you made my night. Nice to see him handle it with a laugh
Old 11-21-2019, 08:23 PM
n3rd
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 42 Posts

MSRP deals are there to be had. Just have to call around and wait. One dealer told me 3 months and another told me two years.

Last edited by n3rd; 11-21-2019 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:02 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by SB27

Comments:

G550
Old 11-21-2019, 09:20 PM
Derek RS
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 20 Posts

in China these are 100k over, I paid 500k for a 2019 G63 you guys are lucky. Love the car just not the price
Old 11-22-2019, 01:38 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by signes
G550
Right, I want an old G55 (05-07).

I don’t like the new one. It got rid of everything I liked about the old truck.

Quick Reply: OT: -searching for new G63