Sponsored by:

GMG Racing WC-EVO Long-Tube Headers for 991 GT3 & GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 02:08 AM
Jerrym
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by James-GMG
I am taking some hot laps in the car this weekend at The Thermal Club, stay tuned!
Old 11-08-2019, 01:56 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 448 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
That's pretty heavy duty. What's the weight savings, if any? Also, are the cats replaceable and is there a compatible side muffler delete link pipe set? Lastly, any reason they aren't producing more noticeable HP gains on the top end with the freer flowing cats?

Thanks.
We will be posting weights shortly. Just waiting for a fresh pair of headers to come off the fab table

Being that these are completely modular, the headers are compatible with all side deletes and of course the factory side muffler as shown. We do believe the factory side muffler to be pretty restrictive, but imperative to keeping a certain comfort level for street driving. This was the goal with our headers from the beginning.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
The following users liked this post:
BlazinPond (11-11-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 03:34 PM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 787 Posts

Good lord, those look SICK.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:24 PM
Jerrym
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by JAhmed
Good lord, those look SICK.
I agree...
Old 11-09-2019, 10:34 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,460 Likes on 763 Posts

[QUOTE=We do believe the factory side muffler to be pretty restrictive, but imperative to keeping a certain comfort level for street driving. This was the goal with our headers from the beginning.[/QUOTE]

Can you elaborate a little ore on this?

TY
Old 11-09-2019, 11:07 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,883 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by gmgracing
We will be posting weights shortly. Just waiting for a fresh pair of headers to come off the fab table

Being that these are completely modular, the headers are compatible with all side deletes and of course the factory side muffler as shown. We do believe the factory side muffler to be pretty restrictive, but imperative to keeping a certain comfort level for street driving. This was the goal with our headers from the beginning.
Thanks. Any insight on the lack of gains up top?
Old 11-09-2019, 09:01 PM
TT Chris
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D

TY
I also read from another vendor/manufacturer that the stock side mufflers don't take away power when valves open. They are heavy is the only downside.
I put mine back in to keep the noise down when cruising around. And I think they also have an impact on tone quality too.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:50 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 448 Likes on 267 Posts

TY
Thanks. Any insight on the lack of gains up top?
The easiest way to put it is that the runner lengths are hindered by the side mufflers. By using 3D scan technology, we were able to increase the runner length significantly and use all the space possible to maximize runner length without having to sacrifice the comfort of eliminating the side mufflers. This is also how we were able to fit them without and modification to the rear diffuser/under panel.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:53 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

^Thanks- finally some one who makes Catted LT headers that are modular.- Great job guys.

Can not wait to hear from those who jump on these shortly

May have to to buy Myself an Easter gift when Spring hits and pull her out of storage.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:37 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 69 Posts

^Thanks- finally some one who makes Catted LT headers that are modular.- Great job guys.

Can not wait to hear from those who jump on these shortly

May have to to buy Myself an Easter gift when Spring hits and pull her out of storage.

Thanks for the recognition Jimmy D! This is why we build them this way, so we can offer different solutions for our clients.
Plus, I am starting to see a lot of our competitors units for sale from users who have said the system they installed is just too loud!
It's great for a weekend and/or a track day but it's just not livable on the street. Side mufflers certainly help manage that sound while giving you the options of opening and closing the valves.
The Headers are great for low end torque, which is very much needed on this car, and the rear Center Section gives you that glorious sound.

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 11-11-2019, 03:33 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 178 Posts

Excellent goal! I like it...

It aligns with my goals and current setup (Center bypass) yet keeping the side mufflers for cruising (for the wife).
The following users liked this post:
gmgracing (11-12-2019)
Old 11-11-2019, 06:50 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

The easiest way to put it is that the runner lengths are hindered by the side mufflers. By using 3D scan technology, we were able to increase the runner length significantly and use all the space possible to maximize runner length without having to sacrifice the comfort of eliminating the side mufflers. This is also how we were able to fit them without and modification to the rear diffuser/under panel.
That makes sense. So the obvious next question is are there plans to build a longer version that doesn't use the side mufflers?
Old 11-11-2019, 07:44 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

That makes sense. So the obvious next question is are there plans to build a longer version that doesn't use the side mufflers?
Can you still not delete the sides with a Bypass??

The thing that gets my attention is actually the lack of a big dip in the 5000-5500 rev range that I have seen elsewhere..

I am sure everything has a trade-off but I am no expert by a long shot
Old 11-11-2019, 08:21 PM
trompazo
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

The thing that gets my attention is actually the lack of a big dip in the 5000-5500 rev range that I have seen elsewhere..

I am sure everything has a trade-off but I am no expert by a long shot
Is this dyno on a 991.1 RS or .2?

On Dundon headers, the .1 GT3 and RS gets a significant drop in torque at 4800rpm that it doesn't make back up until 6000rpm.

But on their .2 GT3 and RS dynos, that drop doesn't occur and the graphs look pretty similar except Dundon has more top end gains.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:37 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Yes you can with current version, but building a dedicated side-delete version would allow longer runner length, with the potential improve top end gains.

Quick Reply: GMG Racing WC-EVO Long-Tube Headers for 991 GT3 & GT3 RS