Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2RS Distilled Water Tank

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2019 | 01:38 PM
ElGrandetango
Rennlist Member

Default GT2RS Distilled Water Tank

Just a thought for the GT2RS owners that are tracking alot. Has anyone just taken out the little screen on the Distilled water tank? I find it annoying that pouring water in it sometimes bubbles and doesn't go in. I mean the screen is there just so debris doesn't get in. I guess if your careful you shouldn't really need it?
Old 08-15-2019 | 02:25 PM
916Bob
Racer

I found that I have to let the car sit for 30 to 45 minutes after a session before it'll take any water. I have no idea why this is. After that, the water goes in quite easily. Water use is about a gallon for 20 minutes at speed. I don't think removing the screen would be of any benefit.
Old 08-15-2019 | 08:57 PM
A/S
Rennlist Member

I wonder if larger and more efficient intercoolers could trick the car into not reducing boost (hence lowering Horsepower).

I'm interested to know if the boost reduction is driven by IAT, or by a sensor in the water tank (or a combination of both). If the tank level plays any factor, one could add some water, and just disconnect the electric pump, or just bridge the sensor and remove the entire 20+ lbs of hardware, and fix this with intercoolers.

20 minutes per gallon is fine, but the tank has a 1.3gal capacity, and it must be annoying to keep adding water after every 25 minutes (let alone in places with high humidity and high temperatures, the tank might get empty in less than 15 minutes).
Old 08-15-2019 | 09:19 PM
e6tme
Rennlist Member

Yes, removing the screen absolutely aids in filling the tank. I remove the screen every time I fill the tank. Removing it also allows you to see the water level and not overfill.
Old 08-16-2019 | 01:21 AM
ElGrandetango
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by e6tme
Yes, removing the screen absolutely aids in filling the tank. I remove the screen every time I fill the tank. Removing it also allows you to see the water level and not overfill.
yeah i just kinda poked it out... so much easier. I really need to find a way to get the Manthey Tank.
Old 08-16-2019 | 05:06 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

There's probably a way to go beyond even the Manthey tank and put a giant plastic bladder in the frunk. Judging from the hotel-minibar-fridge sized water tank in the CS I guess the car really drinks water at speed...

Might even help weight distribution too!

Quick Reply: GT2RS Distilled Water Tank