Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much does a GT3RS weigh? And a Pista and 600LT :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 12:42 PM
GT3CupMR
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Agreed. I would love to know what a gt3 manual weighs with buckets and full tank of gas.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:00 PM
bli8
Rennlist Member

Received 218 Likes on 119 Posts

From a Top Gear interview...
“Thinking that my car is too heavy is a mistake!” he says, clapping his hands together for emphasis. “All journalists say [affects a funny voice]: ‘GT-R is heavy, heavy, heavy - it should be lighter, lighter, lighter!’ I say, journalists need to develop a more professional level of thinking! More study! More thought! The GT-R needs to be this weight. A car with less weight does not handle. Lighter weight can be dangerous. And it will not be drivable by all customers. You have a responsibility for the customer. I have a big responsibility for the customer!”

That's from Godzilla's chief engineer Mizuno-san, not me. So what's a couple hundred pounds if you aren't Lewis Hamilton?
Old 08-13-2019, 02:45 PM
tqevo
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by bli8
From a Top Gear interview...
“Thinking that my car is too heavy is a mistake!” he says, clapping his hands together for emphasis. “All journalists say [affects a funny voice]: ‘GT-R is heavy, heavy, heavy - it should be lighter, lighter, lighter!’ I say, journalists need to develop a more professional level of thinking! More study! More thought! The GT-R needs to be this weight. A car with less weight does not handle. Lighter weight can be dangerous. And it will not be drivable by all customers. You have a responsibility for the customer. I have a big responsibility for the customer!”

That's from Godzilla's chief engineer Mizuno-san, not me. So what's a couple hundred pounds if you aren't Lewis Hamilton?
A heavy car is like a fat chick. Just no
Old 08-13-2019, 03:39 PM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Yargk
Sorry, I have to agree. 3 cars = a post with 3 pictures of the corner weights. This type of information isn't suited to a video and it's annoying to see a post that intentionally has a link to a video when the info could just be in the post. Post a video if you did a track day or are replacing your air filters.
Do you often have period?
Old 08-13-2019, 05:49 PM
bli8
Rennlist Member

Received 218 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by tqevo
A heavy car is like a fat chick. Just no
Once in a while a BBW is OK.

Quick Reply: How much does a GT3RS weigh? And a Pista and 600LT :)