Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The OFFICIAL Speedster pictures thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 05:47 PM
Miamistv
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks, Maverick. Great car and a beaut. Bruce R, do you have any more pics. Here is the exterior of my other post.

The following users liked this post:
Targa Tim (08-26-2020)
Old 08-23-2020, 05:52 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,092 Likes on 1,009 Posts

Originally Posted by Miamistv
Thanks, Maverick. Great car and a beaut. Bruce R, do you have any more pics. Here is the exterior of my other post.

is this car for sale? Nice spec, I’m a black wheel guy
Old 08-23-2020, 05:59 PM
Miamistv
Instructor

Originally Posted by Maverick787
is this car for sale? Nice spec, I’m a black wheel guy
No. my GT2RS was murdered and this one is soothing my pain a little.
Maverick787 (08-23-2020)
Old 08-23-2020, 07:21 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,092 Likes on 1,009 Posts

No. my GT2RS was murdered and this one is soothing my pain a little.
ah got it .......I wanna wondering how many club Blau’s out there(:
Bartleby7334 (08-24-2020)
Old 08-23-2020, 08:13 PM
Miamistv
Instructor

Originally Posted by Maverick787
ah got it .......I wanna wondering how many club Blau’s out there(:
Mine is Nagaro Blue Metallic. Close to Club, I think. It really takes on different tones depending upon light. In fact, I initially thought it was non-metalic. My interior is similar to the post earlier with the lower dash in chalk. Would like to see the seats and doors on that car. You cannot trust the posted lists and vin services fully. They do not include the value of CXX options and I have found mistakes with other options as well as production dates. Although, tehy come close and I appreciate them. On US Speedsters, they seem to indicate around 4 percent metallic PTS and 16 percent non metallic PTS. I have not seen a breakdown of PTS colors. They indicate 43 percent GT Silver and I would guess a majority of those are Heritage package cars. One can buy some of the Heritage package like the gold Speedster emblems. I think they would look great on your car.

Last edited by Miamistv; 08-23-2020 at 08:15 PM.
Maverick787 (08-23-2020)
Old 08-23-2020, 09:09 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 939 Likes on 414 Posts

What happened here? Someone specced half a car and called it a day?

Any pics of the rest of the interior of the one in NC? Here is a similar one.

Old 08-23-2020, 11:24 PM
Miamistv
Instructor

Originally Posted by unotaz
What happened here? Someone specced half a car and called it a day?
First, your comment is rude and adds nothing. Second, this is one of the highest spec’d and MSRP cars in the US. Third, you might be referring to the seats. While they are easily changeable, I personally like the perforated leather and find the other materials are sometimes cliche. The touches put into this build, in my view, are just right and classy. They were done by one of the main guys for CXX in NA. I have a fair amount of experience ordering Ferraris, Porsches and other cars and am often complimented on my unique builds. My GT2rs had 44k in CXX and a 375 sticker. The Speedster has over 22k in CXX and every option on the menu except a fire extinguisher, which is useless and gets in the way anyway. Also, on spirited driving makes noise. Now, show us your handiwork. Maybe you included under body purple lights.
Old 08-23-2020, 11:36 PM
Miamistv
Instructor

Okay, I see your cars. You have done well, although I prefer darker blues, . Still no
reason to be jerk and offensive. I live near one of your areas. Maybe I will see you on the road. I put 6000 fun miles on my GT2 on the best roads before it was murdered.
Old 08-23-2020, 11:58 PM
tims16m
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 43 Posts

Okay, I see your cars. You have done well, although I prefer darker blues, . Still no
reason to be jerk and offensive. I live near one of your areas. Maybe I will see you on the road. I put 6000 fun miles on my GT2 on the best roads before it was murdered.
I haven't been following the thread. What happened to your GT2RS, when you say it was murdered?
Old 08-24-2020, 12:19 AM
Miamistv
Instructor

Originally Posted by tims16m
I haven't been following the thread. What happened to your GT2RS, when you say it was murdered?
Totaled. Head on Collision. I suffered several injuries unfortunately, but the car protected me and I am alive. Super car. So capable. I would drive for 5 hours straight on demanding roads, take a break and wanted to drive more.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:56 AM
tims16m
Racer

Originally Posted by hf1
Nice, but a bit too green for my taste. Brewster with silver wheels and Natural or Ascot Brown full leather would have been stunning.
That was my original spec (Brewster Green/ Ascot) when I ordered my car. The CXX exclusive rep had everything all set for a month then notifies me 2 days before the freeze date that she can not do the Ascot interior and I have to pick a standard leather. I looked at all options to change interior colors, move build date, as well as changing the PTS color, but was not given what I consider any reasonable choices. To make a long story short, I've seen that Porsche Exclusive has specced Ascot interior for the Speedster. I'll live with what I have but I am not pleased with the whole experience. Even the amended spec, was not done correctly. Through much frustration the car is complete. Just picked up from the dealer.

Maverick787 (08-24-2020)
Old 08-24-2020, 01:07 AM
tims16m
Racer

Totaled. Head on Collision. I suffered several injuries unfortunately, but the car protected me and I am alive. Super car. So capable. I would drive for 5 hours straight on demanding roads, take a break and wanted to drive more.
Wow. That is a miracle, thankfully your alive and able to continue to enjoy the nice things we have all acquired. That is a tribute to German safety engineering. Had a friend that got rear ended at a high speed while off on the side of the road, almost tore the rear of the Macan off. A Head on Collision is much worse, thankfully you are well.
Old 08-24-2020, 01:08 AM
Miamistv
Instructor

That was my original spec (Brewster Green/ Ascot) when I ordered my car. The CXX exclusive rep had everything all set for a month then notifies me 2 days before the freeze date that she can not do the Ascot interior and I have to pick a standard leather. I looked at all options to change interior colors, move build date, as well as changing the PTS color, but was not given what I consider any reasonable choices. To make a long story short, I've seen that Porsche Exclusive has specced Ascot interior for the Speedster. I'll live with what I have but I am not pleased with the whole experience. Even the amended spec, was not done correctly. Through much frustration the car is complete. Just picked up from the dealer.

Outstanding build. Great use of colors and wood. Regardless of any errors they made, enjoy it. Your build is one of the best that I have seen. I, also, had previous issues with a build, but once I got the car I forgot about them.
Old 08-24-2020, 01:38 AM
Miamistv
Instructor

Wow. That is a miracle, thankfully your alive and able to continue to enjoy the nice things we have all acquired. That is a tribute to German safety engineering. Had a friend that got rear ended at a high speed while off on the side of the road, almost tore the rear of the Macan off. A Head on Collision is much worse, thankfully you are well.
Thank you. Mercedes, BMW and Porsche are on another safety level. At some point after litigation issues I will post the sad picture. In the meantime we should all enjoy life and these great pictures of these Speedsters all of which are beautiful and have fortunate owners..
Old 08-24-2020, 03:55 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 939 Likes on 414 Posts

First, I apologize, I didn't know it was your car.

Second, this car is nowhere near being the highest specced Speedster, not even close. I don't know who fed that information to you.

Third, I'm referring to the chalk/ivory leather in general. You need more of it to tie up the entire interior. A CXX seat with chalk piping and chalk center inserts would have tied it all up nicely. Or perhaps chalk leather lower center tunnel.

So you specced this Speedster originally? Then how come I saw it for sale on Porsche DTLA's inventory for the longest time? This was why I didn't think it was your car, because I have seen it for sale on various different listings for several months now.

First, your comment is rude and adds nothing. Second, this is one of the highest spec’d and MSRP cars in the US. Third, you might be referring to the seats. While they are easily changeable, I personally like the perforated leather and find the other materials are sometimes cliche. The touches put into this build, in my view, are just right and classy. They were done by one of the main guys for CXX in NA. I have a fair amount of experience ordering Ferraris, Porsches and other cars and am often complimented on my unique builds. My GT2rs had 44k in CXX and a 375 sticker. The Speedster has over 22k in CXX and every option on the menu except a fire extinguisher, which is useless and gets in the way anyway. Also, on spirited driving makes noise. Now, show us your handiwork. Maybe you included under body purple lights.

Last edited by unotaz; 08-24-2020 at 04:09 AM.

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL Speedster pictures thread