Sponsored by:

PTS Sirius antennae cover

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 12:33 AM
hiroshikato1
Racer

Received 327 Likes on 176 Posts
Default PTS Sirius antennae cover

I had heard that Porsche NA gave owners the chance to get their black covers exchanged for their matching PTS covers if requested. Does anyone know if this is true by way of having their request actually fulfilled?I was looking at a PTS winged GT3 and hated the contrast on the roof. I know, have a body shop paint it but if Porsche does it from the factory.... I also understand that some people choose a color that is something that does not necessarily look PTS, so having the cover black signals the PTS difference but to me, sounds pretty ridiculous that a $12K option doesn’t color matc the unsightly and for me, unwanted Sirius antennae.

Hiro
Old 08-03-2019, 01:06 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 633 Likes on 388 Posts

My understanding is the dealer just gets authorization to do the swap under warranty, which involves buying a new antenna and having a local body shop paint it (just like any body work that is done under warranty).
Old 08-03-2019, 01:56 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I think the sirius antenane should have been shaped like a small porsche crest or a F-16 ecm bulge, I hate the fannie mae chocolate square, it makes me think of fat people, they didnt activate it on my car and I dont care, the annoying calls from the philippines are horrible, the fake enthusiastic voice if you pick up by mistake, suddenly bombarded by the annoying voice, "ohh hello, (insert your face name here) how are you, Im calling from sirius XM" arrghhhh f.o.