Sponsored by:

Porsche Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 09:35 PM
tonycool
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Porsche Insurance

Has anyone in Illinois or Oregon tried the Porsche Insurance yet? I got a quote from them and it was quite reasonable. Just curious what other people have found.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300871784.html
Old 07-21-2019, 10:41 PM
Berjar
Racer

Received 370 Likes on 142 Posts

I signed up. Very easy and with 4,000 miles a year I save about $700 year.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:59 AM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 165 Likes on 101 Posts

I got a quote but haven't made time to compare it to my existing coverage. Was hoping their included HPDE coverage would make it a no-brainer but the details on it are useless.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:40 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Let's be honest....this is NOT a new Porsche Insurance company....It's Mile Auto selling their plan through Porsche Financial......They're a brand new insurance company and only licensed in 2 states....they are underwritten by AMBest.....will be interesting to see how many states Mile Auto expands into and some customer feedback once claims are dealt with...
Old 07-24-2019, 05:58 PM
ezinternet
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Let's be honest....this is NOT a new Porsche Insurance company....It's Mile Auto selling their plan through Porsche Financial......They're a brand new insurance company and only licensed in 2 states....they are underwritten by AMBest.......
I signed up my four Porsche cars with Porsche Insurance ... did it over an evening online, and then some time on the phone getting quoted for the higher-value GT3RS. It was easy and cheaper than Amica for me, given the miles I (expect to) drive.

I did some due diligence, and found OK reviews on the parent company claim processing. The Porsche rep at the Porsche customer service number mentioned that they use only OEM parts, Porsche certified repair facilities, and they offered me agreed value. All for less than I was paying. (Sounds like a commercial :-)

The underlying backing insurance company is Lyndon Southern, a subsidiary of Fortegra

"Lyndon Southern Insurance Company is rated A- by AM Best

Lyndon Southern Insurance Company (LSIC), along with five other companies, is owned by Life of the South. Life of the South Companies are part of the Fortegra service providers, a group of over 50 insurance and warranty products sold across the U.S. Fortegra began in the 1970s under the name Life of the South. Lyndon Southern Insurance Company sells property and casualty insurance to 40 states and Washington, D.C. through a captive sales force and independent general agents."
Old 07-24-2019, 06:26 PM
tqevo
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 85 Posts

No online quotes for vehicles over 150k. bummer
Old 01-03-2020, 09:03 PM
tonycool
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just thought I would update the thread on Porsche Insurance. I ended up going with them about 6 months ago. Their customer service has been great. I haven't made any claims yet. My insurance cost dropped 50% based upon my mileage. If you are in Illinois or Oregon, I would give them a shot.
The following users liked this post:
Yojeffo (01-04-2020)
Old 01-03-2020, 09:58 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by ezinternet
I signed up my four Porsche cars with Porsche Insurance ... did it over an evening online, and then some time on the phone getting quoted for the higher-value GT3RS. It was easy and cheaper than Amica for me, given the miles I (expect to) drive.

I did some due diligence, and found OK reviews on the parent company claim processing. The Porsche rep at the Porsche customer service number mentioned that they use only OEM parts, Porsche certified repair facilities, and they offered me agreed value. All for less than I was paying. (Sounds like a commercial :-)

The underlying backing insurance company is Lyndon Southern, a subsidiary of Fortegra

"Lyndon Southern Insurance Company is rated A- by AM Best

Lyndon Southern Insurance Company (LSIC), along with five other companies, is owned by Life of the South. Life of the South Companies are part of the Fortegra service providers, a group of over 50 insurance and warranty products sold across the U.S. Fortegra began in the 1970s under the name Life of the South. Lyndon Southern Insurance Company sells property and casualty insurance to 40 states and Washington, D.C. through a captive sales force and independent general agents."
Great Info.

Quick Reply: Porsche Insurance