Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just wanna give a big shout out too Ray Catena Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2019 | 05:11 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
It should be first come first serve like all other “goods”. When a new iphone gets released, this would be like
apple deciding who gets the first batch of iphone X.
‘Not sure I agree iPhones are massed produced to all that will buy. Now a 911 non-GT car would fall into that space buy away.
Old 07-03-2019 | 05:34 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Sorry not buying it. I have been to their store. Very different culture.
Old 07-03-2019 | 06:01 PM
Yc911Kid
Rennlist Member

It should be first come first serve like all other “goods”. When a new iphone gets released, this would be like
In a sense those who frequent buys do "come" before you. I don't think calling around with 1k or 5k deposit should qualify you as 'first come'
Old 07-03-2019 | 06:46 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Dont always agree with Yippe but when I do we’re both right not just me. 😁

he is spot on. iPhones are not analogous. They are fungible like tennis ***** and produced in mass quantities so everyone can have one.

GT Porsches are limited commodities. A store owner has a right to allocate and would be wise to do so for his best customers first. You would and if you didn’t you won’t be in business long.
Old 07-03-2019 | 08:34 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Whats the deal with the sign at an Infinity dealer doing on a Porsche forum?
Old 07-03-2019 | 09:00 PM
RG88
Racer

Private business owner selling his goods to customers has the right to do as wishes. As well, If he says won’t sell to guys who shave their heads, he can decide that as well. Heaven help us when a business owner gets crap for deciding how to run his own company. It’s also my right as a consumer to not give him my money. Kind of elegant symmetry there.
Old 07-03-2019 | 09:07 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RG88
Private business owner selling his goods to customers has the right to do as wishes. As well, If he says won’t sell to guys who shave their heads, he can decide that as well. Heaven help us when a business owner gets crap for deciding how to run his own company. It’s also my right as a consumer to not give him my money. Kind of elegant symmetry there.
Of course anyone can do anything. No one is saying they “cant” do it.
Old 07-03-2019 | 09:09 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Waxer
Dont always agree with Yippe but when I do we’re both right not just me. ��

LOL - Its Mr Yippie to you. Have to learn to spell his name right..

I agree with him too. Seems like those that are upset feel they are "entitled" to something (e.g. getting a GT car at MSRP, or massive discounts on regular 911's). i dont know Ray Catena from Adam but i assume they are a private business that should be allowed to do what they want and build clientele as they see fit. I aint a dealer but i'd reward local, loyal and repeat customers with my "in demand" GT cars at no-ADM. They get less GT cars than they can sell at ADM. So comparing to an iphone or saying first come first served - that's just your opinion - and i dont agree with it (doesnt make sense to me). We don't have to agree - so that's cool too.
Old 07-03-2019 | 09:45 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodsky

I agree with him too. Seems like those that are upset feel they are "entitled" to something (e.g. getting a GT car at MSRP, or massive discounts on regular 911's). i dont know Ray Catena from Adam but i assume they are a private business that should be allowed to do what they want and build clientele as they see fit. I aint a dealer but i'd reward local, loyal and repeat customers with my "in demand" GT cars at no-ADM. They get less GT cars than they can sell at ADM. So comparing to an iphone or saying first come first served - that's just your opinion - and i dont agree with it (doesnt make sense to me). We don't have to agree - so that's cool too.
This type of preferential treatment/favortism is no different than the aristocracy that was around in the times of english monarch hundreds of years ago. If you are rich and pull favors for the king, you are given the land. Not everyone gets an equal say and equal weigh in. I am all for capitalism but this thing with GT cars, especially in places like this one is just borderline inappropriate. I feel nauseous listening some of you. Life is great when you are sitting on a 8 figure wealth but some of us who work for a living (and do quite well for ourselves) should not have to bend over backwards for a very expensive purchase. Me being able to afford a $200,000 toy at list price is all there should be needed for purchase. Not season tickets at yankees game or booth in some nba game or some other VIP program. This stuff to me is very unethical.
Old 07-03-2019 | 09:55 PM
RG88
Racer

Folks with money or connections or talent, charisma, negotiation skills, respect, education, intuition and instinct will generally have a better shot of achieving what they desire, just the way things work. I lack most, but not all, of these traits. But if I don’t get what I want, I never feel nauseated, just get motivated to improve and try to do better the next time around. But that’s just me...
The following 2 users liked this post by RG88:
AllAboutThatP (07-03-2019), ubtrippin (07-06-2019)
Old 07-03-2019 | 11:55 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

I've had nothing but an amazing experience at Ray Catena Porsche over the years, which most recently includes two new GT purchases in as many years (and no, I have not been pressured to buy a Panie or Macan for the 'privilege', nor to trade a GT car for such). In fact I have sent PNA several long essay-like appreciation letters (without the dealership neither soliciting nor knowing of such) - my experience was simply that terrific. I am grateful for how they've treated me over the years, the professionalism, devotion, and customer focus as like-minded enthusiasts, brand ambassadors, and fellow petrol heads.

From the owner (Ray), to the GM (Joe), to SM (Chris), and all sales associates I frequently interact with (Joe G, Mike, Eric, RJ, Morris, etc.) - I consider them family. Heck, I even look for excuses to stop by say just say Hi (like this Saturday's Macan facelift launch - great opportunity to hand out some Cuban cigars from my recent trip to the island which I genuinely purchased with those guys in mind)
Old 07-04-2019 | 12:18 AM
RG88
Racer

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
I've had nothing but an amazing experience at Ray Catena Porsche over the years, which most recently includes two new GT purchases in as many years (and no, I have not been pressured to buy a Panie or Macan for the 'privilege', nor to trade a GT car for such). In fact I have sent PNA several long essay-like appreciation letters (without the dealership neither soliciting nor knowing of such) - my experience was simply that terrific. I am grateful for how they've treated me over the years, the professionalism, devotion, and customer focus as like-minded enthusiasts, brand ambassadors, and fellow petrol heads.

From the owner (Ray), to the GM (Joe), to SM (Chris), and all sales associates I frequently interact with (Joe G, Mike, Eric, RJ, Morris, etc.) - I consider them family. Heck, I even look for excuses to stop by say just say Hi (like this Saturday's Macan facelift launch - great opportunity to hand out some Cuban cigars from my recent trip to the island which I genuinely purchased with those guys in mind)
It was taught to me long ago to be kind and generous, specially around the holidays, to the mail delivery folks, trash disposal folks, bank tellers, and various other individuals who although not as privileged as they may wish to be, are nonetheless even more important to our day to day existence. I’ve since included my AMG, and soon to be Porsche, sales associates and will also include proactive service advisor to the list. Sadly, I stopped smoking cigars, Cohibas in particular, 12 years ago and now focus exclusively on fine Islay whisky.
Old 07-04-2019 | 01:27 AM
sp330
Racer

Yes, but if there are more people lined up to pay 200k than supply, other things such as buying Panamera Sport turismos should count toward your purchase. It’s not aristocracy it’s just business,
Old 07-04-2019 | 03:29 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodsky

Man, I’m just happy to have people agree with me. It’s a good day. Thx rodsky abd Waxer!
Old 07-04-2019 | 03:36 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

This type of preferential treatment/favortism is no different than the aristocracy that was around in the times of english monarch hundreds of years ago. If you are rich and pull favors for the king, you are given the land. Not everyone gets an equal say and equal weigh in. I am all for capitalism but this thing with GT cars, especially in places like this one is just borderline inappropriate. I feel nauseous listening some of you. Life is great when you are sitting on a 8 figure wealth but some of us who work for a living (and do quite well for ourselves) should not have to bend over backwards for a very expensive purchase. Me being able to afford a $200,000 toy at list price is all there should be needed for purchase. Not season tickets at yankees game or booth in some nba game or some other VIP program. This stuff to me is very unethical.
If you own a store and you have limited supply of a high demand commodity what’s unethical about reserving them first to the customers that have been loyal to you over the years and enabled you to achieve success? Answer. Nothing. That’s quite different than pulling favors. Your have no “right” to a GT car because your can afford it.

Success in life is earned in most cases unless you inherit it. You have an entitlement mentality. If You want a GT car when first launched and or without adm then earn it like most others. Get in line don’t whine because you have the $ and can’t cut the line.

How many Porsches have you bought from your dealer?

Ive purchased quite a number from Ray over the years, go to their customer events etc. If some rich kid walked in off the street with no customer history and was given an allocation instead of a long time good customer that would be wrong and unfair in my book. What’s unethical about a system that requires customer loyalty and money as opposed to just money which goes somewhere else the next time? Nothing and in fact if it was your business you’d be a fool to do it any other way. You have to earn things in life not just the money.

Quick Reply: Just wanna give a big shout out too Ray Catena Porsche