GMG Wingless GT3RS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 06:59 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,266 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by gmgracing
Can't wait to see it!!
Ummm....havent bought it yet. Might have you guys do the conversion for me. Lets talk!
Old 07-01-2019, 07:21 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,753 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
This is my 2020 project for a GT3 with wing. Trying to get another touring is not so easy whereas there are plenty of winged GT3s around.
I have every intention on keeping my GT3 for a very long time. Unless one thing happens. I get an allocation for the next GT3 and I’m able to spec my own touring. If that doesn’t happen within the next 12-18 months then I will be most likely removing my wing. I’ve already started getting part numbers in order for the rear section. Where there’s a will there’s a way. Post up when you start the project!
The following 2 users liked this post by Jbravo23:
gmgracing (07-01-2019), Izzone (07-01-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 07:21 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Can we see any more pics of the Porsche decal on the ducktail?
Old 07-01-2019, 07:25 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I love it. The way I get my head around it isn't as an RS without a wing. More I wanna Classic 911 shape without shouting too much about it. But the drivetrain I want is high revving NA. Touring obviously satisfies this but this is the next level and PDK is an interesting alternative.

Can I ask how the wing is done? Just unscrew it? Do you plug the holes?
The following users liked this post:
gmgracing (07-02-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 07:34 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
Ummm....havent bought it yet. Might have you guys do the conversion for me. Lets talk!
When it's time just let us know! In the meantime, if you need anything or have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!

1.714.432.1582 / Sales@gmgracing.com

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
I have every intention on keeping my GT3 for a very long time. Unless one thing happens. I get an allocation for the next GT3 and I’m able to spec my own touring. If that doesn’t happen within the next 12-18 months then I will be most likely removing my wing. I’ve already started getting part numbers in order for the rear section. Where there’s a will there’s a way. Post up when you start the project!
If you need anything just reach out! We're always here to help!

Originally Posted by Gravs
Can we see any more pics of the Porsche decal on the ducktail?
There's not much to it, but here's a wider photo outside.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 07-01-2019, 07:36 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,266 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
For sure I will. Im just trying to budget my funds. About to put a golf simulator in the house and have a Pista incoming. Cant justify another 150k+ for an extra car to the wife at the moment. I figure in early 2020 timing will be right for me to get this done. Will for sure post progress. Good luck with your build.
The following users liked this post:
gmgracing (07-01-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 08:01 PM
e6tme
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Gold wheels unique, satin black not so much.

Tire decals somewhat unconvincingly scream "race car" but the wing delete says the opposite.

To each their own, but this a rolling contradiction.
The following 2 users liked this post by e6tme:
Ducati1199 (07-02-2019), thebishman (07-01-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 08:05 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 425 Likes on 265 Posts

do you folks make the little black side plates that now go on either side of the rear deck lid?
Old 07-01-2019, 08:30 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gravs
I love it. The way I get my head around it isn't as an RS without a wing. More I wanna Classic 911 shape without shouting too much about it. But the drivetrain I want is high revving NA. Touring obviously satisfies this but this is the next level and PDK is an interesting alternative.

Can I ask how the wing is done? Just unscrew it? Do you plug the holes?
Yes, you just unscrew the ends, and screw on the end plates you see in the photos. Pretty simple and straight forward.

Originally Posted by mchrono
do you folks make the little black side plates that now go on either side of the rear deck lid?
We can take orders and they are made upon request.

If interested in a set, please contact us at 1.714.432.1582 or email Sales@gmgracing.com
Old 07-01-2019, 09:25 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

GMG, nice job on the black cover on the rear spoiler.

Looks more like a Turbo with out the wing, then the tire decals and gold wheels look racey but then no wing and since it’s a RS it’s confusing....The wing on the RS makes the car with all the other aero details....to me that’s a huge plus for the RS....with out the rear wing....humm...not for me...but you all did a nice job maki g this car to your customers likes.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:34 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Where did you get those Tire stickers??

Are they one-piece?
Old 07-02-2019, 12:00 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 425 Likes on 265 Posts

I think removing the rear wing is a huge plus for normal street driving as it helps avoid that certain kind of unwanted attention and allows one to fly much more under the radar so to speak. The fact that the end plates can easily be removed and the wing bolted back on in preparation for a track event makes this a good option.

a neutral color, de-winged, de-badged 3RS would be very very cool, and probably more special and understated than a touring
Old 07-02-2019, 12:20 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mdrums
GMG, nice job on the black cover on the rear spoiler.

Looks more like a Turbo with out the wing, then the tire decals and gold wheels look racey but then no wing and since it’s a RS it’s confusing....The wing on the RS makes the car with all the other aero details....to me that’s a huge plus for the RS....with out the rear wing....humm...not for me...but you all did a nice job maki g this car to your customers likes.
Yeah, it's not for everybody. Think of it as having 90% of the performance of the RS without the attention of the wing. You can be a little more low-key, still enjoy the aggressive looks of the car, and have the classic 911 shape.

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Where did you get those Tire stickers??

Are they one-piece?
There's a few places to get good tire stickers. www.tirestickers.com is a good go-to with lots of options. We're able to do them pretty quickly in shop once ordered.

Originally Posted by mchrono
I think removing the rear wing is a huge plus for normal street driving as it helps avoid that certain kind of unwanted attention and allows one to fly much more under the radar so to speak. The fact that the end plates can easily be removed and the wing bolted back on in preparation for a track event makes this a good option.

a neutral color, de-winged, de-badged 3RS would be very very cool, and probably more special and understated than a touring
Exactly, you can be low-key during the week and re-install the wing when you're ready for the track weekend.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:38 PM
audiophilitis
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

I like the wingless look as well..

The following 2 users liked this post by audiophilitis:
Rennolazine (07-03-2019), rodsky (07-03-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 01:31 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by audiophilitis
I like the wingless look as well..

Looking good!

Quick Reply: GMG Wingless GT3RS!