Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 973 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Go straight for the RS
CPO is a nice extra.
What Tackcar said.

Originally Posted by AllAboutThatP
My main concern on seeing the DME is to gauge how the car was broken in. I searched around the forum and it seems that there is quite the argument about if/how these engines should be broken in. Is that also something I shouldn’t have to worry about?
Only break-in I'd worry about is one where the car was driven too gently for too many miles. Risks improper ring seating.
The following users liked this post:
subshooter (07-01-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 10:23 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 187 Posts

It’s Napleton Westmont. What is a Rennfax BTW? Like a Carfax, but specific to Porsche?
Rennfax is when a helpful Rennlister offers to go put eyes on the car for you before you have a chance to do it yourself.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:41 PM
AllAboutThatP
Burning Brakes

Received 565 Likes on 279 Posts

Dealer sent me the DME report:

Old 07-01-2019, 09:01 PM
AllAboutThatP
Burning Brakes

Well, we agreed on a deal, which includes CPO. Deposit down, so I will be a new Porsche owner soon!
Old 07-02-2019, 06:13 AM
uniqueMR
Rennlist Member

Received 557 Likes on 421 Posts

Well, we agreed on a deal, which includes CPO. Deposit down, so I will be a new Porsche owner soon!
Congrats Looking forward to some pics..
Old 07-02-2019, 09:54 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

It’s Napleton Westmont. What is a Rennfax BTW? Like a Carfax, but specific to Porsche?
That's where I got my GT3. First rate Service there IMO.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:57 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
Rennfax is when a helpful Rennlister offers to go put eyes on the car for you before you have a chance to do it yourself.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:23 AM
AllAboutThatP
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chance6
That's where I got my GT3. First rate Service there IMO.
Good to know. So far the service has seemed good to me. Can’t wait to pick the car up!
Old 07-03-2019, 12:30 AM
n d
Pro

Received 190 Likes on 106 Posts

I’m also a first time Porsche owner and went straight to the top and bought a 2019 gt3rs ..... I love this car so much best supercar I have ever owned! I honestly think the pdk match’s the rs perfectly!
Old 07-03-2019, 01:08 AM
AllAboutThatP
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by n d
I’m also a first time Porsche owner and went straight to the top and bought a 2019 gt3rs ..... I love this car so much best supercar I have ever owned! I honestly think the pdk match’s the rs perfectly!
The funny thing is, I had never driven a Porsche before. I’d always been into other cars. Then a couple weeks ago I decided to just go and test drive a GT3 and it was like an epiphany. I realized instantly what all the hype was about and what I had been missing all these years. Now I can’t wait to get mine and drive the crap out of it.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:51 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

The funny thing is, I had never driven a Porsche before. I’d always been into other cars. Then a couple weeks ago I decided to just go and test drive a GT3 and it was like an epiphany. I realized instantly what all the hype was about and what I had been missing all these years. Now I can’t wait to get mine and drive the crap out of it.
Kind of like me, but I didn't even test drive the GT3 first before I bought it.... they wouldn't let a pleb like me do that at the time.
I bought it, drove it for a month and traded it in for a GT3 RS a month later. Lost 7k to drive the GT3 which I guess isn't the *worst* rental/test drive fee. I had it long enough to know "this was for me".

Then I built a second garage and bought four more Porsches....... I'm off the deep end. LOL
Old 07-03-2019, 11:29 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,103 Likes on 546 Posts

Yep, similar experience. Although, i had driven Porsche but they were newer turbos and they did nothing for me. No interest in Porsche until I drove a 2007 Gt3 one day many years ago. I was bitten instantly. Many, many Porsche's later; it's been somewhere between a passion and a sickness ever since

Good luck. You will love it.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:34 PM
AllAboutThatP
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tonymission
Kind of like me, but I didn't even test drive the GT3 first before I bought it.... they wouldn't let a pleb like me do that at the time.
I bought it, drove it for a month and traded it in for a GT3 RS a month later. Lost 7k to drive the GT3 which I guess isn't the *worst* rental/test drive fee. I had it long enough to know "this was for me".

Then I built a second garage and bought four more Porsches....... I'm off the deep end. LOL
I am in the process of building another garage with a lift in it so I can add more vehicles. I was going to wait until it was finished before I bought another car, but I just couldn't wait. Now I just need to figure out which vehicle is going to get left sitting outside until it's done! LOL!
Old 07-04-2019, 09:20 PM
AllAboutThatP
Burning Brakes

Well, I picked her up this morning and drove her home. Already put over 200 miles on the car and loved every one.

I have a few questions:

1. They offered some pre-paid maintenance at supposedly discounted rates. Is it worth it to do that? First year is free already, so it could be up to 5 years after that IIRC. I declined, but they said I could call up later and add it if I wanted.

2. Is the car supposed to come with a center lock wheel nut socket? They didn’t think so, but I thought I read on here that it does come with one, along with a tool to remove the cover on the wheel nut. If so, where is it supposed to be?

3. How the heck does the car cover fit over the wing? Lol, it seemed too small. I didn’t want to force it and tear the cover.

4. It looks like the previous owner had it pre-wired for a laser/radar detector, which was nice. Mine plugged right in nice and clean. However, there is another control module that is by the right driver’s knee. I don’t know what it is and they didn’t either. It has LEDs that seem to blink when my detector goes off. I will try to get pictures later, but thought someone might know. I will also get some pictures of the car posted up later too.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:57 PM
MSR Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 118 Posts

I have the RS and the GT3. The latter is the better daily driver. Of course mine is a touring it is an old-fashioned raw Porsche 911 with an engine to die for!

Quick Reply: About to buy my first Porsche