Sponsored by:

GT Cars: The new norm: Under MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 05:00 PM
Jason Zhang
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Holdens
911R just sold on BAT for 30k over MSRP.. (compared to the 2x-3x premiums they were getting)... Yeah - the market is softening for these cars
911R for 30k over sounds like a steal. Maybe no better 991 buy than this.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:03 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 425 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby 911
People have short memories. We are at the end of the 991 GT run, if not beyond it. Prices always settle down at the end. The guys who buy first who don’t have trusted dealership always pay up. Guys who wait toward the end always pay MSRP. This is nothing new. Same will happen with the 992. This is the same discussion had every time we are at the end of a run.
This 100%......we are where we are supposed to be, and in fact, IMHO being under MSRP right now is healthy and expected with all the unsold inventory sitting around collecting dust. More seats than drivers right now willing to pay asking.

Originally Posted by JustinS
Paying over list for a new car is for the fool.
No not at all. If someone has the $$$ and is willing to pay to play, that's their decision!
Old 06-20-2019, 05:34 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Totally disagree....people are free to do as they please with the money they work hard for....I paid over for my RS....am I a fool?....Bought it because that was the market price on the car and I wanted it....no regrets....
Originally Posted by Bobby 911
Agree. What is foolish is to get upset about how another man spends his own money.
Yep. Until someone hands me cash to buy a car, how I spend my money is nobody's business. It's a simple concept, but lost on more than a few people here.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:42 PM
tlp
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

via Imgflip Meme Generator
Old 06-20-2019, 10:57 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddhamonk
What does MSRP stand for?
Manufacture Suggested Retail Price
Old 06-20-2019, 11:56 PM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 179 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Now that would be worth ADM!
Old 06-21-2019, 12:03 AM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 165 Likes on 101 Posts

I talked to a salesman at Porsche of South Orlando earlier this week and was told they sold 3 used 3RS cars for over sticker.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:05 AM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,503 Likes on 963 Posts

Originally Posted by twospyders
With virtually new GT3s now trading below MSRP (I own one) and Porsche increasing production... Is the new norm under MSRP? It appears Porsche no longer wants to limit production. Isn’t the writing on the wall- supply exceeding demand equals lower prices?

I bought mine to drive it. Not panicking. Just observing.

I raise this topic because nobody wants to overpay for their next car. I have ordered regular production Porsche’s for as little as $1,000 over dealer invoice.
992 GT3s will now come with a 5% discount and new toaster. No more ADM. heard it here first.

Where are my pills??
Old 06-21-2019, 01:05 AM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by krell
I talked to a salesman at Porsche of South Orlando earlier this week and was told they sold 3 used 3RS cars for over sticker.
What other response would you expect from a salesman?

That he sold 3 cars under sticker? Not happening.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:06 AM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 165 Likes on 101 Posts

I guarantee you they didn't sell under sticker . . . . .
Old 06-21-2019, 01:29 AM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
Cars devalue with time. .
True statement but often times people forget to factor in the delta. My beat-up 2007 tacoma with close to 150 k was around 10 K dollars when bought new, people have been offering me around 5 k for a 12 year old truck. If I sell my GT 3 now, I probably loose much more than that. How ironic...
Old 06-21-2019, 01:42 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,688 Likes on 2,337 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinS
Paying over list for a new car is for the fool.
I agree with u
nut in some of my business , the clients turn balance sheet with 6 zero taken out bc otherwise there are just too many digits. to them,
if they want the car that means they want it NOW. and paying 100 now really doesn't bother them one bit. some doesn’t even know how
much the toy cost. they just instruct the staff “have it waiting for me when I land”

You the staff better make it happen.
oh their staff make more and drive better cars than I do

I sure wish im in that position
Old 06-21-2019, 02:00 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,024 Likes on 2,293 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
I think Porsche is trying to produce at demand so I don’t think you will see discounting, just a lot less ADM (hopefully). That is clear from GT4/Spyder lauch. Early cars probably will still have some ADM for the first on the block types, but if the message from PAG is you want one you’ll get one just wait should limit that too. Hopefully this makes Martin happy. Although I don’t think you will see near invoice pricing new as on the regular 718 or some other cars.

Remember GT3 is almost 2 years old now so no surprise on discounts (although good luck finding a discounted or MSRP touring ... I have a bunch of people who have PMed me looking without much luck). It might be a little while longer before they drop.
I actually like that Porsche bumped up the price of the GT4s and Spyders. Less likely that stealers will play games and hoard allocations, haven't we had enough of that with GT2RSs and Speedsters?
Old 06-21-2019, 02:57 AM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 403 Posts

The market is under MSRP for those with patience and who take time to do the work. On average, I found I could get 10k under MSRP on lightly used .2 GT3. Regarding the .2 RS, there were three available at dealers near me and each was offered to me at under MSRP. Initially i was told 20k over...45-60 days later it was under. The rarer the color and option combo, tougher it may be to get what one person deems is a sweet deal. Most know pricing varies significantly based on options, this must be accounted for. There are certain dealers around the country that have desirable inventory and generally fetch a higher price and rarely move far from their ask. It has been my experience that these dealers have no problem passing on someone who is attempting to negotiate on price when five more people will come in or call and that is not their priority. These dealers are less inclined to discuss price first based on their history of getting X on each car. It doesn't mean the market isn't under MSRP, it is simply their business model = profit.

I know it annoys many on this forum to endlessly talk about this, and I get it. These forums usually offer more help than hurt, so hopefully someone is getting some benefit, especially new members.

Quick Reply: GT Cars: The new norm: Under MSRP?