Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How often do you need to drive this car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 01:37 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent_Orange
Who is buried in Grant's tomb?
Grant and his wife.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:10 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Need versus want.......age old question. I would say need versus want for GT3 driving is comparable to sex......need, no, want yes.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:17 PM
ubtrippin
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

I need to drive mine any chance I get.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:50 PM
bli8
Rennlist Member

Received 218 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by djcxxx
Need versus want.......age old question. I would say need versus want for GT3 driving is comparable to sex......need, no, want yes.
Respectfully disagree w/ the above. We NEED sex. Not even driving our cars can replace SEX.
Old 06-05-2019, 03:03 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sadly I don't drive mine as much as I would like. Had it since November of 2017 and it just crested 3K miles a couple of weekends ago.

On weekdays I drive my Accord the 5 minutes to a train station where it sits in a parking deck all day. Leave at 5:30am and come back at 6:30pm. Not using the GT3 for that. Don't really drive anywhere else on weekdays. On weekends, most of our errands are <10 minutes away and parking in a lot of places where there are very bad drivers/parkers (definitely not helping our stereotype lols). Other errands involve taking more than 2 people so the GT3 is also out.

Most drives I just do on my own if my wife is off doing her own thing. Or the rare chance we both get to take a drive somewhere. My longest drive to date was just two weekends ago from South Orange County, CA to Santa Monica and back. We almost didn't even drive the GT3 since I wanted to take my longboard (it doesn't fit in there), but ultimately didn't take it.

Just bought a Ctek tender the other day.
Old 06-05-2019, 03:48 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,391 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by shamoo
Sadly I don't drive mine as much as I would like. Had it since November of 2017 and it just crested 3K miles a couple of weekends ago.

On weekdays I drive my Accord the 5 minutes to a train station where it sits in a parking deck all day. Leave at 5:30am and come back at 6:30pm. Not using the GT3 for that. Don't really drive anywhere else on weekdays. On weekends, most of our errands are <10 minutes away and parking in a lot of places where there are very bad drivers/parkers (definitely not helping our stereotype lols). Other errands involve taking more than 2 people so the GT3 is also out.

Most drives I just do on my own if my wife is off doing her own thing. Or the rare chance we both get to take a drive somewhere. My longest drive to date was just two weekends ago from South Orange County, CA to Santa Monica and back. We almost didn't even drive the GT3 since I wanted to take my longboard (it doesn't fit in there), but ultimately didn't take it.

Wow- that’s sad. You need to start making more excuses to go drive the gt3.
Old 06-05-2019, 03:49 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
Wow- that’s sad. You need to start making more excuses to go drive the gt3.
Yep! We both work during the week, so pretty busy. The weekends are to catch up on errands and other things. Both our parents have health issues so we make time for them on weekends. We don't even have kids yet! Starting to think about that, so anticipate even less time.

Anyway, glad I got the car when I did. If I waited longer, I probably wouldn't have gotten it ever.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:19 PM
ThEnder
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

We don't even have kids yet! Starting to think about that, so anticipate even less time.

Anyway, glad I got the car when I did. If I waited longer, I probably wouldn't have gotten it ever.
Same here! I'm really glad my fiancé encouraged me to get it now, because if I had waited I probably wouldn't have bought it at all. Even walking by it in the garage on my way to work makes me smile.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:26 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Travel baseball dad here so you know how much I'm driving my car. Two more tournaments and I'll get a good eight weeks before it starts up again (but Sundays only in the fall)... I'm at a couple times a month now, but looking forward to getting out to the mountains soon.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:15 PM
ubtrippin
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Poor gt3 sitting there all lonely 99% of the time.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:23 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,391 Likes on 729 Posts

Yep! We both work during the week, so pretty busy. The weekends are to catch up on errands and other things. Both our parents have health issues so we make time for them on weekends. We don't even have kids yet! Starting to think about that, so anticipate even less time.

Originally Posted by ThEnder
Same here! I'm really glad my fiancé encouraged me to get it now, because if I had waited I probably wouldn't have bought it at all. Even walking by it in the garage on my way to work makes me smile.
Understand. I got mine 5 months after my first born was delivered and have about 3900 miles in 10 months. Not bad, could be more obviously but I tend to go drive when baby sleeps.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:38 PM
*991*
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent_Orange
Who is buried in Grant's tomb?
Lee?
Old 06-09-2019, 03:58 AM
Jason Zhang
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

I wonder how people with big collections store their cars. I know some cars in these big collections aren't even driven for once in a few years.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:19 AM
SteveFrench
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I felt like a clown spending six figures on a 997 that sat in the garage on a trickle charger. I daily it now

Quick Reply: How often do you need to drive this car?