Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3T Likes/Dislikes/Loves/Hates ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 11:57 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

I agree RS exhaust is great at full tilt. Mono ball good too. Makes it more go kart like to DD.
i find my Manual GT3 to be softer when I DD it.
Old 05-11-2019, 04:03 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I agree RS exhaust is great at full tilt. Mono ball good too. Makes it more go kart like to DD.
i find my Manual GT3 to be softer when I DD it.
Yes...too soft..prefer RS handling on street

ill wait for someone to cross the mono ball parts to touring, then I’ll switch them

could be spring rate / shocks too
Old 05-11-2019, 04:32 AM
Wudee
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I be interested to hear more about adding carpeting in the rear of the Touring. Too noisy for my liking in standard form and this car will remain with me for long time as i see it as the ultimate 911 in classic shape. Also looking into upgrading the standard stereo.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:55 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Wudee
I be interested to hear more about adding carpeting in the rear of the Touring. Too noisy for my liking in standard form and this car will remain with me for long time as i see it as the ultimate 911 in classic shape. Also looking into upgrading the standard stereo.
I see two good options. One, pull the carpet and dynamat. The other is I have been thinking about seeing if cocomats can do a set of rear overlay mats. Their mats are heavy and should cut down on the noise in back.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:24 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
Actually, over dinner in Mallorca, at the release of the 992, Dr Walliser confided that the Touring does indeed have less sound insulation material than the winged Gt3.
Interesting, I wonder what other aspects of the GT3 Touring are unique that weren't publicized.

i see it as the ultimate 911 in classic shape. Also looking into upgrading the standard stereo.
I loved the cabin noise in my friend's Touring, but I was also pleasantly surprised by the Bose -- sounded really good.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:05 PM
RockyTopTenn
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by FORENN
I was also pleasantly surprised by the Bose -- sounded really good.
I was surprised by the Bose too. It is better than expected... There is another thread somewhere on here about upgrading to the Burmester dash tweeters. Thinking about doing that...
Old 05-11-2019, 01:09 PM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by RockyTopTenn
I was surprised by the Bose too. It is better than expected... There is another thread somewhere on here about upgrading to the Burmester dash tweeters. Thinking about doing that...
Interesting.....I need to find that thread. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-11-2019, 04:37 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by RockyTopTenn
Here you go: Tweeter Upgrade

I have them in the GT3T. Much brighter sound when coupled with the Bose system IMO.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:57 PM
dmo0207
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Dislikes:
Plasticky dash vibration between 4 - 5k rpm
My ears bleed at the end of a spirited drive
ADM most of us batted with

Love:
Just about everything else
Old 06-01-2019, 12:47 AM
RockyTopTenn
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Here you go: Tweeter Upgrade

I have them in the GT3T. Much brighter sound when coupled with the Bose system IMO.
Thanks!
Old 06-01-2019, 02:46 AM
joerg65
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 47 Posts

I pulled out the rear carpet panel - the one where the rear seats would otherwise be and the small panel under the rear window and put DynaPad under them and refitted them. The sound level is now just right for me on both highway and track. No more ear ringing after a country road trip! The nice thing about this solution is that the DynaPad isn’t stuck down so you can easily reverse this if you decide you want the noise back.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:01 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,688 Likes on 2,337 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Pretty much everything, motor is great for around town. Sport buckets are comfortable
Clutch is really light, so easy in traffic

Needed improvements (dislikes)
- add back seat
- add keyless entry
- add adaptive cruise
- add lane change assist
- add parking sensors in the bumper
- delete valves in exhaust

I daily drive mine, it's pretty much perfect but I wish they would have let me add creature comforts
bmw
Old 06-01-2019, 03:02 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,688 Likes on 2,337 Posts

too heavy
too many gadgets

engine
drive train
brakes
wheel and tires
stfu and let me just drive
Old 06-01-2019, 04:51 AM
80p
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3
...Touring’s conical air intake box. Same as the R, but different than the wing GT3 and RS.

Has anyone dyno'd a Touring and been able to compare to manual Wing on the same dyno? I did not find this in a search. But one of the Dundon threads has me wondering about the difference in power the R/Touring airbox makes. I'm optimistic this is more of a plus than many realize, even if its a minor difference. Stock manual/wing already makes up half the difference to the .2 RS.

Originally Posted by joerg65
I pulled out the rear carpet panel - the one where the rear seats would otherwise be and the small panel under the rear window and put DynaPad under them and refitted them. The sound level is now just right for me on both highway and track. No more ear ringing after a country road trip! The nice thing about this solution is that the DynaPad isn’t stuck down so you can easily reverse this if you decide you want the noise back.
Interesting.... any chance you have pics of the install? How much dynapad did you use and how long did it take?
Old 06-01-2019, 05:27 AM
joerg65
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by 80p
Has anyone dyno'd a Touring and been able to compare to manual Wing on the same dyno? I did not find this in a search. But one of the Dundon threads has me wondering about the difference in power the R/Touring airbox makes. I'm optimistic this is more of a plus than many realize, even if its a minor difference. Stock manual/wing already makes up half the difference to the .2 RS.

1 roll covered it with a little left over

I cut around the restraints whilst the DynaPad was in position. It’s easy to cut.

All back together

Only issue was the restraint covers don’t click back in fully. Not a big issue for me - I’ll never use them.

Interesting.... any chance you have pics of the install? How much dynapad did you use and how long did it take?
It didn’t take long. Maybe 30mins at the most. I used 1 roll of DynaPad (81x137cm). I didn’t take any pics at the time but I will take the covers off again and take some pics and post them. BTW - if there’s anyone out there who thing the cars isn’t noisy enough, take the covers off and take it for a drive - you’ll hear what I mean.

Last edited by joerg65; 06-01-2019 at 05:54 AM.

Quick Reply: GT3T Likes/Dislikes/Loves/Hates ???