Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

She's finally on her way... PEC Atlanta delivery

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 04:54 PM
JewishGent
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which areas on the RS must i cover with xpel for the drive back? It's a 1k mile drive to nyc so I want to make sure I don't ruin the paint before doing proper ppf.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:02 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,978 Likes on 2,054 Posts

The whole front and then I would do the rear quarters where there is already film, but just go higher up and from the door to the wheel well instead of the smaller piece.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:08 PM
JewishGent
Intermediate

Thank you! I bought 40' of 18" and 40' of 6". Do you think that's enough or should I order more?
Old 05-13-2019, 10:29 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Don't forget to apply to the A pillars and front roof exterior just above the windshield.
I covered the headlights, drove every night and TracWrap was great for our 2300 mile trip, removed easily and protected everything through 5 rain storms and 3 dust storms

40' of 18" TracWrap should be enough.
I bought 100' of 18" and did not use half. In fact I had a bit of scrap so even less was used (Hey, I had only one day to install and it was raining)

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...a-touring.html
Old 05-14-2019, 10:46 AM
JewishGent
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Agent_Orange
Don't forget to apply to the A pillars and front roof exterior just above the windshield.
I covered the headlights, drove every night and TracWrap was great for our 2300 mile trip, removed easily and protected everything through 5 rain storms and 3 dust storms

40' of 18" TracWrap should be enough.
I bought 100' of 18" and did not use half. In fact I had a bit of scrap so even less was used (Hey, I had only one day to install and it was raining)

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...a-touring.html
Thanks a lot for the help (and peace of mind!) 🙏
Old 05-14-2019, 11:18 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Blood Mountain, Wolf Pen Gap, Cherahola Skyway, Wayah Road, Tail of The Dragon, Moonshiner 28.... All amazing roads
What he said!
Old 05-14-2019, 11:54 AM
anselmw
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I am surprised so many are using track wrap instead of getting the car actually wrapped before their drive home? I know pec atlanta does not do a full wrap but believe they offer a front wrap from them, or use Jean Claude for full wrap. I was so happy to have mine fully wrap before driving it home.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:58 AM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Epic experience.
Big envy.
Be flexible. My GT3 Touring arrived Feb 14 and we had grandiose plans to do The Tail of The Dragon and Devil's Whip (http://www.thedevilnc80.com/) in a loop before heading West. Temps were in the 30's and beyond Porsche adivsory temps. I didn't want to crack my new tires in under weather so we got flexible on our route and went the Other Way on a whim - New Orleans. Had a blast, hope you do too!

Removing the Tracwrap was easy but the ball of "dirt" was fairly revealing on what the exterior experienced,
it was a brutal when we hit tumbleweeds at light speed, so glad I had TracWrap on.

BTW, those wheels started the trip as silver

Originally Posted by anselmw
I am surprised so many are using track wrap instead of getting the car actually wrapped before their drive home? I know pec atlanta does not do a full wrap but believe they offer a front wrap from them, or use Jean Claude for full wrap. I was so happy to have mine fully wrap before driving it home.
Three reasons for me:
1) I wanted to perform paint correction in my home town prior to wrapping, have done simply wrapping before and it didn't hide paint blemishes
2) To try out TracWrap. I'm hosting a vintage rally to the Grand Canyon and wanted to see how easy it applies, protects and removes after a week and 2300 miles
3) Headlight covering. I encased the headlights in a TracWrap pull over. No issues whatsoever, I mght cut sectios of TracWrap for friend's headlights

Last edited by Agent_Orange; 05-14-2019 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:01 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 799 Likes on 548 Posts

Mazeltov - I am sure you will have a blast!
Old 05-14-2019, 12:34 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Originally Posted by JewishGent
Thanks a lot for the help (and peace of mind!) ��
Please post photos!
Other than that, the most difficult part of your trip will be "restraint"

Old 05-14-2019, 02:58 PM
JewishGent
Intermediate

Originally Posted by anselmw

For me it's because my of time constraint. I travel often for work and this day was the only option that worked for me to pick it up. I'm literally flying a red-eye from Vegas the night before to get it at 9am and then have to get back to ny in 36hrs in order to catch my next flight out. Getting ppf in Atlanta would mean me staying there an extra 2 days which I simply didn't have.

Trackwrap really was ok on headlights? I've heard mixed things.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:23 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,743 Likes on 2,703 Posts

I had no problem using it on my GT4 - it's not sticky enough to cause delamination when removing (but do it when warm).
Old 05-15-2019, 04:30 PM
Oakes Detail
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

For me it's because my of time constraint. I travel often for work and this day was the only option that worked for me to pick it up. I'm literally flying a red-eye from Vegas the night before to get it at 9am and then have to get back to ny in 36hrs in order to catch my next flight out. Getting ppf in Atlanta would mean me staying there an extra 2 days which I simply didn't have.

Congrats on the purchase, the delivery center really sweetens the deal!

I do recommend using the tracwrap, we just had another client do so on his acquisition from Boston, kept the paint pristine until we were ready to wrap it for his journey home to Virginia. Key areas are the front end, mirrors, behind the wheels on front fenders and rear bumper and around the factory "sharkfin" on the rear quarter. As that piece alone is not adequate for protection.

You're more than welcome to drop it here to get the Xpel installed on your journey home to NY, we are quite literally 15-20 minutes off 95. Working on the 21st 991.2 GT3 right now for full body clear.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:24 PM
JewishGent
Intermediate

Here she finally is! Currently about 400 miles from nyc. Slowly letting the rpm's creep up. Kept it under 5k for the first 500 miles then added 1k every 100 miles. Barely touching 7k and I can't even imagine what 9k will be like.

Definitely recommend doing PEC delivery. The staff did an amazing job with the whole presentation and I had the privilege of getting Kyler as my instructor who happened to be one of their most capable drivers. He taught me the ins and outs of the car and helped me get into the car with a little more confidence.

Having never been in one prior to purchasing it I can confidently say that this car truly is magical. Exceeded every single one of my expectations. Looking forward to putting thousands of miles on her!

After the amateur track wrap is applied. Did the job!
Old 06-05-2019, 02:40 PM
por944trs
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Blood Mountain, Wolf Pen Gap, Cherahola Skyway, Wayah Road, Tail of The Dragon, Moonshiner 28.... All amazing roads
+1

Quick Reply: She's finally on her way... PEC Atlanta delivery