Sponsored by:

Harness/Sub belt question

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 08:08 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 461 Likes on 255 Posts
Default Harness/Sub belt question

So my dealer didn't properly move my harness setup over from my 991.1 RS to my 991.2 RS.

Quick question for all, I have the Schroth Harness and I had the BBi sub belt mount. Is it possible to install the sub belt mount bracket first reinstall the chair then do the wrapping for the sub belts?

I reordered some missing parts for delivery yesterday because I was missing the sliders on the sub belts to complete the wrapping but they never showed up and my appointment is this morning to install the bracket so I'm trying to figure out if I can install the bracket then install the sub belts monday

Also does anyone have a video guide or illustration as to where the side anchor points are in the car?

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2019, 11:37 AM
Mr. Turtles
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I have BBi harness bar and had to remove and rewrap my Scroth harness after seat was installed. It wasn’t very difficult. Just pull out seat cushion and you should be able to get it around sub frame. Just took a few minutes.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:15 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,181 Likes on 775 Posts

Going to be buying a sub belt mount. I've read Cantrell is supposed to be great. Any difference with BBi?
Old 04-27-2019, 03:20 PM
Mr. Turtles
Pro

BBi has worked perfectly for over a year and 25 track events. Not sure about Cantrell but likely works well. The GT3 Schroth belts allow for full use of regular seat belts for street.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:34 AM
Hams955
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Going to be buying a sub belt mount. I've read Cantrell is supposed to be great. Any difference with BBi?
I have had both. Both Cantrell and BBi work well. Cantrell is easier to wrap the sub-belt than the BBi. However - it is a moot point once you've installed the belts.

Given the price point being similar I'd opt for the Cantrell only because the wrapping is easier.

Can't go wrong with either really.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:50 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,181 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Turtles
BBi has worked perfectly for over a year and 25 track events. Not sure about Cantrell but likely works well. The GT3 Schroth belts allow for full use of regular seat belts for street.
Are you talking about the GT3 PROFIs or non PROFI?

https://www.schrothracing.com/produc...e-harnessbelts

Also, do the sub belts need wrapping? Looks like there is a bracket at the end of the strap.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:58 AM
Mr. Turtles
Pro

Yes the sub belts are wrapped around the mount under the seat. You need to adjust the length of the sub belt so the camlock is at the correct position (you will need to see Schroth recommendations for this positioning).

I'm not sure exact name but it was the GT3 specific 2inch Hans belt that allows me to easily use the regular seat belts.

Quick Reply: Harness/Sub belt question