Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS purchase and ownership

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 12:13 PM
Hex
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by hashash

all i heard from GT3rs and GT2RS owners is that they prefer the 2RS !

I have a 2RS and 3RS and I love both of these phenomenal cars. They are very different cars for numerous reasons and especially because of their propulsion units. However, I must say that even though I love the NA high revving motor in the 3RS, I find the sound of the 2RS just as amazing in it's own way. Also the thrust of the 2RS is just otherworldly. OP, as you said you don't track much, I think you might find the extra torque of the 2RS very welcome for street duties. And, when you do track, you will have the alpha dog capable of delivering lap times that will only be limited by your skill set. That is not to say that your lap times in the 3RS won't be limited by your skill set because they will. It's just that the 2RS has a higher ceiling because of it's immense power. Having said that, in real world application, I believe that most people will be faster in a 3RS because they will feel comfortable flat footing the 520 HP car more often than flat footing the 700 HP car. For example, the 3RS has the ability to break it's tires loose in a straight line at a stop light, whereas the 2RS has the ability to break it's tires loose in a straight line on the freeway.

Last edited by Hex; 03-05-2019 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:27 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by hashash

all i heard from GT3rs and GT2RS owners is that they prefer the 2RS !
I don’t doubt you. On the other hand I know owners of both that have sold on the 2RS and kept the 3RS and owners who have traded their 2RS for a 3RS.

Point being everyone has different requirements to float their boats.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:43 PM
tqevo
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 85 Posts

Nobody makes the car I want, but Porsche get closest. No keepers yet. The next iteration is usually better, so owners keep their cars around until the next hit of coke appears in the form of metal.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:03 PM
GT288
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tqevo
Nobody makes the car I want, but Porsche get closest. No keepers yet. The next iteration is usually better, so owners keep their cars around until the next hit of coke appears in the form of metal.
That's why I had the idea of the new iPhone. But based on what you guys are saying. The 3RS is the best fit. It's the new interior of the 992 is what's getting me. I love it. But to wait maybe 5 years for another 3RS or GT2/RS isn't worth it.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:57 PM
uhn2000
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I am a huge Ferrari fan and customer, I have a non-wp RS on order. To me this generation is really special and has enough tech to keep up while also maintaining that old school raw experience - perfectly blended together. I am not sure we will see this again but I might be wrong. This experience is hard to pull off and no other car manufacturer can do it like Porsche!
Old 03-07-2019, 10:29 PM
manolis
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I’ve had them all (Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren) and nothing beats a GT3 or GT3 RS on the road and track. I’ve had the chance to buy a GT2 RS at MSRP and have declined. I’m not sure why, but I haven’t been excited about them. Maybe I should drive one...
If you get the chance you should but be warned it could ruin you. The 2rs is unbelievably exciting to drive. I've also a .2 gt3rs due mid year so am hoping the experience of the atmo engine won't leave me wanting. As others have said the sound of the 2 is amazing - really mean and purposeful, just like the rest of the car.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:51 PM
kfan
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Both amazing cars, but in the end I bought a 3RS!

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS purchase and ownership