Sponsored by:

Just got the call.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 12:17 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by aalencar
It is a stripper! Somebody ordered and turned it down. White with extended range tank and chrono package at msrp. This thing is calling me..
In all seriousness, if you don't take it LMK. I'm looking for such a unicorn.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:07 PM
Obturate
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

It is a stripper! Somebody ordered and turned it down. White with extended range tank and chrono package at msrp. This thing is calling me..
Best one to have, IMO.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:11 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,084 Likes on 621 Posts

OP - You are so lucky! I’d sell my GT3 in a second for a stripper RS at sticker.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:18 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Transfer as many mods as you can over to the stripper and don't look back. For your purposes, RS all day.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:18 PM
Patrick3000
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by surfer
Transfer as many mods as you can over to the stripper and don't look back. For your purposes, RS all day.
^^^This
Old 02-28-2019, 08:32 PM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

I could not resist it... Will pick it up Saturday. Will see if they give me good trade on GT3. If not, will temporarily keep both and see what to do. Unfortunately one of them will have to go. Pretty sure it will be the GT3. In the end doubt selling private will be much better than trade. So will likely just trade it in and see if they can at least swap the mods around for me. Should be able to move most nosebleed mods.

Anybody knows if the side muffler from RS would fit on GT3 for a swap with the side delete? I still have the old ones from GT3 but would be easier to just swap between them as the mufflers are in another shop and I would have to go pick them up...

Anybody wants some OEM gold wheels?
Old 02-28-2019, 08:35 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,084 Likes on 621 Posts

Congrats
Old 02-28-2019, 08:39 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

I could not resist it... Will pick it up Saturday. Will see if they give me good trade on GT3. If not, will temporarily keep both and see what to do. Unfortunately one of them will have to go. Pretty sure it will be the GT3. In the end doubt selling private will be much better than trade. So will likely just trade it in and see if they can at least swap the mods around for me. Should be able to move most nosebleed mods.

Anybody knows if the side muffler from RS would fit on GT3 for a swap with the side delete? I still have the old ones from GT3 but would be easier to just swap between them as the mufflers are in another shop and I would have to go pick them up...

Congratulations

I adore my RS
Old 02-28-2019, 08:53 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,405 Likes on 727 Posts

Congrats!!

Whether RS or GT3- I just want this Winter to end so we can freakin enjoy these toys
Old 02-28-2019, 09:17 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
Do it- you’re one mis-shift away on the track from wishing you had. PDK is what you want for extended track work and ultimately longevity of your motor.
The voice of reason
I recently completed the Porsche Experience GT3RS DE and it was an unbelieveable amount of fun. The capability of that car is intoxicating.

Based on that experience and you being able to spec it your way, results in a real deal maker if you're asking me!
Jump to the 3RS!

Old 02-28-2019, 09:28 PM
IPSA
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 100 Posts

The sales tax advantage if you have significant equity or no debt will cover most of the delta you would get from a retail buyer and no hassle.

I live on the beach and have a Lizard , congrats and hope to see u around.

What color?

Cheers
Old 02-28-2019, 09:41 PM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

^^^Departing GT3 is graphite blue. RS is white.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:05 PM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Izzone
Congratulations

I adore my RS
Originally Posted by tstafford
Congrats
Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Congrats!!

Whether RS or GT3- I just want this Winter to end so we can freakin enjoy these toys
Thanks a lot guys. No matter how much I love my car and rowing gears, at the end of the say the RS is still a greater package for the track.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:39 AM
Obturate
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

FWIW, maybe not much coming from me, you made the right decision.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:06 AM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

So, I changed my mind. Went yesterday to dealer. As expected the trade in on the GT3 was not great. It is amazing how RL is spot on. So I asked for one more night to think about keeping both as a way to not miss this deal at MSRP. In the end I would have to get rid of the GT3. I am just not ready to let go yet. I love my manual. The car is exactly how I envisioned and know I will miss it (and the challenging dread of a missed shift...). So I let this beautiful RS slip through my fingers.

So I am ok, well, sort of. Now I want the RS more than ever. Having the sticker with "sold" with my name on obviously did not help. The car was mine! I will put my GT3 for sale with a sky high prohibitive value that nobody will want. If somebody is crazy enough to buy it, I will be crazy enough to sell it. Otherwise I will continue driving the crap out of this one and eventually swap out to an RS or, even better, be able to keep both.

Appreciate RL support on the switch. But reason prevailed (not sure for how long).

Quick Reply: Just got the call.