Porsche Nashua Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 05:21 PM
Alf_13
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Nashua Feedback

Greetings,

After months of readership from the sidelines I feel I can finally jump in into the forum after having finally picked up a GT3 Touring.

I also wanted to take a few minutes to share my experience with Porsche Nashua in general and Shane W. in particular, as this has been a rather discussed topic recently. Soon after the GT3 Touring was announced I visited the Porsche dealer in Boston (from where I had already purchased a C4S) to order one. I was surprised by the draconian conditions they were proposing (pricing-wise, restrictions on transfer post-purchase, etc.) so I decided to approach other dealers. I went to Porsche Nashua and I met with Shane, their GT cars salesman. Shane was very straightforward to deal with from the very beginning - we discussed the ordering process, the size of their waitlist at the time and the likely timelines of when I could get an allocation. I left a very reasonable deposit and started the waiting game. Every few months I would reach out to Shane to ask about the allocation status and he kept me up to date on how my position was moving up the list. At the end of this past summer Shane called me with the great news that the next allocation was mine - I went by the dealership to tweak the latest configuration and lock the build. The expected arrival date was end of January and on Jan 31st I was back at the dealership to pick up the GT3.

The whole process was seamless and every step happened as it was outlined by Shane: no surprises, no drama. I am particularly thankful that, without being an existing client, they were able to get me a much sought-after car in very fair conditions. I understand that every person's experience is different, but wanted to make sure that I shared mine for what is worth. The car itself is everything I was expecting and then some (no matter how many reviews you read and videos you watch there is nothing comparable to the first time you get going in it....). I am counting the miles until the break in period is completed and looking forward to the next cars & coffee at my old dealership.

AD

Old 02-15-2019, 10:11 AM
Pcar81
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for sharing your story. This one sounds a lot different than the other Porsche Nashua bit that was in here a few weeks ago.

And congrats on your purchase.

if you don’t mind sharing, did you pay an ADM?
Old 02-15-2019, 10:16 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,085 Likes on 621 Posts

Congrats OP.

When the GT3T was initially announced I was down on it - sounded like more evidence of the overall softening of the 911 line (people now need a GT3T for street use since the 911 C2S is too soft). But I've done a 180. I think the GT3T is the coolest P-car made since the GT4. Stealth, stick shift for the crowd that loves that, LWB, the best motor in years and it's not unobtanium like the R. A true road sports car for driving enthusiasts. ENJOY!
Old 02-15-2019, 11:47 AM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 230 Posts

I would also share the sentiment towards Nashua - they were easy and straight forward to deal with. We even got into the details of what they were going to sell my trade for, and helped them sell that vehicle. Couldn't have been any more clear cut and glad to hear the OP had a similar experience.

I would buy from them again depending on their thoughts towards repeat business (something Ive noticed Porsche dealers are not great at).

Congrats OP, enjoy the GT3T!
Old 02-15-2019, 09:46 PM
BealeAss
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 96 Posts

Did they give you free floor mats to post this
Old 02-15-2019, 10:06 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Great words
This is exactly how I felt, a proposed watered down offering that would displace and withhold cars from real buyers of winged cars for the track.
Now, I'm adding a Touring because it actually fits best for the driving I do
Originally Posted by tstafford
Congrats OP.

When the GT3T was initially announced I was down on it - sounded like more evidence of the overall softening of the 911 line (people now need a GT3T for street use since the 911 C2S is too soft). But I've done a 180. I think the GT3T is the coolest P-car made since the GT4. Stealth, stick shift for the crowd that loves that, LWB, the best motor in years and it's not unobtanium like the R. A true road sports car for driving enthusiasts. ENJOY!
Old 02-15-2019, 10:12 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by BealeAss
Did they give you free floor mats to post this
I appreciate no BS in deals, they didn't have any of that when I transacted with them - merely sharing that.

Quick Reply: Porsche Nashua Feedback